Quantcast

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I wonder how this antivaxx trend will pan out in the long term.

Running wild (with wide mask use), Covid killed 1% of the adult population in Peru in 18 months by the time mass vaccination started.

Assuming the non-vaxxed american:
1) have a better standard of medical care (likely)
2) have similar comorbities/risk (unlikely because of fat)
3) are not exposed to new/more virulent variants in the next years (total unknown)

what will be the long mortatily rate? 0.5-1% a year for the average american adult antivaxxer? for how long? have the GOP doomed itself into extinction? would this mean climate change could become a priority in american politics?
asking the real questions here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I wonder how this antivaxx trend will pan out in the long term.

Running wild (with wide mask use), Covid killed 1% of the adult population in Peru in 18 months by the time mass vaccination started.

Assuming the non-vaxxed american:
1) have a better standard of medical care (likely)
2) have similar comorbities/risk (unlikely because of fat)
3) are not exposed to new/more virulent variants in the next years (total unknown)

what will be the long mortatily rate? 0.5-1% a year for the average american adult antivaxxer? for how long? have the GOP doomed itself into extinction? would this mean climate change could become a priority in american politics?
asking the real questions here.
It really will be interesting to see how long these fucking morons keep this up. I mean... at some point EVERY single one of them will have been directly affected by this.

Can they really hold out until it kills them?

I have faith - I think they can.

:butcher: :D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
It really will be interesting to see how long these fucking morons keep this up. I mean... at some point EVERY single one of them will have been directly affected by this.

Can they really hold out until it kills them?

I have faith - I think they can.

:butcher: :D
Seriouly, at known mortality rates.. there is a non-negligible chance of covid wiping out 20% of the GOP voting base in the next 20-30 years.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"peaked in the 80's, possible scabies, time to make babies"
Honestly she probably isn't even that old. I've noted that short of some gray hair, people my age who take care of themselves look like they are in their 30s, those that don't look like they are well into their 50s. The well used catchers mitt look tends to fall in the later category.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Raises hand slowly”…
me too! really want my kid stabbed ASAP!

and @Westy - i think this is mostly true but i also think it has to do with your attitude and interests...i can never remember not thinking my parents seemed "old". they never really did anything fun or outdoors-y. i can imagine that if you put pictures of me and my dad at the same age side by side the difference would be pretty funny.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
me too! really want my kid stabbed ASAP!

and @Westy - i think this is mostly true but i also think it has to do with your attitude and interests...i can never remember not thinking my parents seemed "old". they never really did anything fun or outdoors-y. i can imagine that if you put pictures of me and my dad at the same age side by side the difference would be pretty funny.

My father didn't "exercise" but he had a physical job, ate well and didn't drink/smoke.

I am talking about the hard drinking smoking crowd. Really just smoking.