Quantcast

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Honest question here, and would like your legit, sound minded and objective response. What are your thoughts on motherfvckers posting shlt rhetorics about praising hc workers last year and now firing some who dont want to follow vacc. mandates? I have my own thoughts but wanted to hear yours.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Honest question here, and would like your legit, sound minded and objective response. What are your thoughts on motherfvckers posting shlt rhetorics about praising hc workers last year and now firing some who dont want to follow vacc. mandates? I have my own thoughts but wanted to hear yours.
If your job description is to heal and protect the sick and you refuse to get vaccinated against an unprecedentedly contagious and deadly virus then you are clearly in the wrong profession. Healthcare is no place for people who just need a job. This will be an excellent opportunity for hospital systems to weed out those who are not dedicated to the profession.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
As someone who needed emergency medical care and spent a week in hospital, I was pretty terrified at the idea of an unvaccinated staff bringing the illness to me while I was in such a vulnerable state.

I made a point of thanking every single staff person I met while in the hospital for their work during the pandemic, but I think that the ones who are not getting vaccinated are putting people at risk. I don't know what motivates them, but whatever it is, I don't think they should be allowed to put people at risk that way.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Lol at people thinking a Covid death is fast and painless.
By the accounts of some MDs, its a really, really gruesome way to go. There is a chance of having an emergency tracheotomy, kidney/liver failure, sepsis, stiff and worthless lungs, fungal infection to lungs... and all can happen while conscious.
Ive spent a bit of time drowning in my own fluids. It's not an experience I'd wish on anyone.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
It amazes me the number of people who genuinely want to do the right thing but end up doing something like this, or driving alone masked in their car because they have no idea how a mask actually prevents the spread of disease. Also the people who think wearing surgical gloves will do anything.
We have a double mask mandate for indoor public spaces for this, alcohol in spray/gel available at any store/counter.
Lots of people wear them incorrectly but you pretty much cant fuck up 2 masks in a row.
Worked wonders so far. We are almost back to pre-covid death rates.

Japan pretty much never locked down, always wore masks (even before covid), and has an under 1 in 7000 death rate from covid so far. Masks are amazingly effective.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
As someone who needed emergency medical care and spent a week in hospital, I was pretty terrified at the idea of an unvaccinated staff bringing the illness to me while I was in such a vulnerable state.

I made a point of thanking every single staff person I met while in the hospital for their work during the pandemic, but I think that the ones who are not getting vaccinated are putting people at risk. I don't know what motivates them, but whatever it is, I don't think they should be allowed to put people at risk that way.
It is a tiny minority here, but they have two more weeks before they are suspended.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
As with what someone said earlier in this thread with regards to the polio vaccine, kids/people lined straight up to get shots, bam bam bam, no one questioned. Now with this shlt, suddenly its a violation of freedumb. What the fvck is wrong with people?

-Going on holiday to South America? Oh you need shots for Malaria, Rabies and Typhoid. Sure np!

-Could you get the covid vaccine so we can end this shlt? Uh, no.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Got the 2nd shot of Pfizer this morning, yet to feel a thing...... I guess if it's to happen the "2nd shot feel like shit syndrome" will be when I wake up tomorrow if at all.
Currently trying to find out when I can book in for a 3rd booster shot.
So for my business that makes 40% of staff fully vaccinated, 100% have the 1st shot.
Be at 60% fully vaccinated by end of next week and 100% the week after. :happydance:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Got the 2nd shot of Pfizer this morning, yet to feel a thing...... I guess if it's to happen the "2nd shot feel like shit syndrome" will be when I wake up tomorrow if at all.
Currently trying to find out when I can book in for a 3rd booster shot.
So for my business that makes 40% of staff fully vaccinated, 100% have the 1st shot.
Be at 60% fully vaccinated by end of next week and 100% the week after. :happydance:
Wow, same day vax buddies!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Places like India and Bangladesh are a 10-18% vaccinations rates because of supply constrains.
For non-medical personnel, I think its better to get the world up to 50+% with at least 1 dose, and reduce the risk of a new "lest go back to square 1" strain... than to go for a 3rd booster for the general population in 20% of the world.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yup. Another stable genius. :disgust1:
The shit that’s infuriating is the “anti mandates” bit frequently seems to come from people who are also “anti vax/mask.” Academically, I can understand an anti mandate position, and believe that some regions and localities can probably operate safely without the same rules as others. However, the “we don’t want to be mandated” message generally translates to “we don’t want to do it at all.”

2471A34F-A568-4429-BECC-D1464A9FF92B.jpeg