Quantcast

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
My neighborhood seems to be in the middle of some kind of football based university flag war between UW, WSO, Oregon and OSU. Because I spent a year and a half at UW I was approached by some neighbors to fly the colors, although I appreciated the education I received there I declined and shared my thoughts on how fucking stupid it was for adults to feel a sense of belonging over kids getting concussions for free while old white dudes get rich. I would have been happy to swing dick over program difficulty, GPA and personal athletic achievement.
It puzzled me when I saw a graph that showed how well the correlation between the ranking of the football team and the new student uptake numbers was at OSU. So people chose their higher education institution by checking the ranking of the football team? WTF???
At the time the coach was also the second highest paid employeed after the rector. Double WTF??? :disgust1:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It puzzled me when I saw a graph that showed how well the correlation between the ranking of the football team and the new student uptake numbers was at OSU. So people chose their higher education institution by checking the ranking of the football team? WTF???
At the time the coach was also the second highest paid employeed after the rector. Double WTF??? :disgust1:
now consider this: student athletes have sued the NCAA - and won at the supreme court - to be allowed to be compensated for being on their teams.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The highest paid public employee in almost every state is a football coach. Occasionally a state will have the director of a public hospital on top

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Freshman year GPA was 0.6. I ended up graduating with a 3.5. My GGF was head foosball coach from 26-42. The dean of education at one point told me "the only reason your still here is your name"

Then she kicked me out 6 months later. So I quit drinking, got a new phone number and went to work. Said to myself, if I can quit drinking in Pullman I can not drink anywhere.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Freshman year GPA was 0.6. I ended up graduating with a 3.5. My GGF was head foosball coach from 26-42. The dean of education at one point told me "the only reason your still here is your name"

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
About fucking time.

Today, the School District and a number of parents and guardians of at-risk students filed a legal complaint against the Douglas County Board of Health to uphold the District’s previous mask requirements that all students and staff in our PK-12 schools wear face coverings, except for limited, medically necessary exceptions. We have asked the Court to block enforcement of the Douglas County Health Department’s PHO, which violates the federal civil rights of our most vulnerable students by illegally preventing the District from utilizing critical health measures to help stem transmission of the virus and enable those students to access their public education safely and equally.
For context, our county health Dept spun out of the local tri-county (30+ yrs) because they didn't like the mask mandates. Will cost 2x as much, is majority county board members, not healthcare professionals. Multiple have already stepped down. It will likely get sued soon as well, for irresponsible/non-fiduciary use of county funds.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Any word on the timing of the vaccine rollout for 5-11 year olds? Haven't heard anything yet in Canada.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
About fucking time.

For context, our county health Dept spun out of the local tri-county (30+ yrs) because they didn't like the mask mandates. Will cost 2x as much, is majority county board members, not healthcare professionals. Multiple have already stepped down. It will likely get sued soon as well, for irresponsible/non-fiduciary use of county funds.
:popcorn:

Well done, Douglas County... well done, indeed! :disgust:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:popcorn:

Well done, Douglas County... well done, indeed! :disgust:
I can't wait for south county to start eliminating itself from the population. At least then the upper four miles can start to outweigh the crazy people's votes.

They had a rally against the school board at a major corner last weekend. Intermittent horns for support; lots of middle fingers going their way.