Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Pfizer submitted their request to approve the vaccine to that age group on Monday. Health Canada is reviewing. From what I understand, provincial health units are preparing for the roll-out as soon as approval is given.
Excellent, thanks for that. I noticed that the number of doses we have in the province hasn’t moved in weeks - less than 1 million currently. That says to me, the gears are not in place yet. Can’t happen soon enough! My patience is wearing quite thin!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Best line ever.

"First of all, you don’t get the vaccine for yourself, you get it for other people,” - Charles Barkley

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
which is all you need to know about why americans resist it :rofl:
Sad, but true. I was just really happy to hear Chuck lash out at Kyrie about being a little bitch. If you want to think the earth is flat, fine. That isn't a huge public safety issue.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@dump: moar info (even if it's sort of "non-info"): https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pfizer-doses-children-5-11-approval-arrival-1.6219252

also, this shit really pisses me off. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/analysis-albertans-unvaccinated-frustration-covid-1.6215314
Fuck off with "being patient" and coddling those selfish fucking pricks. While I'm being patient, my fucking kids still don't have a vaccine, and are still at high risk of catching Covid. The violent anger I feel towards people who voluntarily put my children (and all other children, and vulnerable people) at risk is only increasing. how much patience do those ignorant selfish assholes deserve? /rant. sorry. need to breathe deeply now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mom asked me about our plan for Xmas and if they can come visit. Laid it out, in email this time, that until either both girls or Dad's vaccinated he's not coming. That since all vaccines are FDA approved at this point, it's his election to choose his politics over seeing the girls. However she's free to visit whenever she wants. Just waiting for the phone call now...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
@dump: moar info (even if it's sort of "non-info"): https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pfizer-doses-children-5-11-approval-arrival-1.6219252

also, this shit really pisses me off. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/analysis-albertans-unvaccinated-frustration-covid-1.6215314
Fuck off with "being patient" and coddling those selfish fucking pricks. While I'm being patient, my fucking kids still don't have a vaccine, and are still at high risk of catching Covid. The violent anger I feel towards people who voluntarily put my children (and all other children, and vulnerable people) at risk is only increasing. how much patience do those ignorant selfish assholes deserve? /rant. sorry. need to breathe deeply now.
Yeah, it sucks. "Getting them to say yes to an inoculation requires lengthy empathetic conversations to find out why the person is hesitant." However, the article clearly states, "Recent research into persuading reluctant people to get the COVID-19 vaccine concluded that confrontation with facts and/or scare tactics provoke more resistance."

It's infuriating that we're taking 2 hours of a doctors' time for one individual. Having spent a lot of time in hospitals these last two years, I can tell you what the hospitals look like as a result of of the situation we're in. How fun is it to be in an ER for 10 hours, forced to sit alongside people who arrive with COVID? Wards operating at 50% capacity because of staffing shortages. The surgery backlog and general care deferral is very real – another looming crisis. And we live in a place with high vaccination rates and pretty good health practices by the public. Can't imagine the disaster in parts of the US and elsewhere.

I recently watched a documentary on the Mt. St. Helens eruption (son was interested/concerned) and the comments of the loggers working in the shadow of the mountain as the evacuation orders were given reminds me of the same sort of psyche that thinks they know better about vaccinations. Was chilling. All these people died in the eruption. Unlike covid however, their reluctance didn't make it more difficult for the rest of us.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>the comments of the loggers working in the shadow of the mountain as the evacuation orders were given reminds me of the same sort of psyche that thinks they know better about vaccinations. Was chilling. All these people died in the eruption. Unlike covid however, their reluctance didn't make it more difficult for the rest of us.
It's similar to people that don't get out of the way of Cat-5 hurricanes. :disgust:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is what boggles my mind about some issues over the last few years. Why did it become a political thing?
You can't get people on your side unless you divide the people. Pretty sure it started down that path when Trump decided to downplay all of it because he believed the impact on the economy would be bad for his election chances.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You can't get people on your side unless you divide the people. Pretty sure it started down that path when Trump decided to downplay all of it because he believed the impact on the economy would be bad for his election chances.
and see how that worked out for him?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
5G chip in my J&J shot wasn't getting a strong enough signal. Getting a Pfizer bump on tuesday. I think it subscribes to Verizon so should have better coverage. Looking forward to doing Bill Gates' doing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
5G chip in my J&J shot wasn't getting a strong enough signal. Getting a Pfizer bump on tuesday. I think it subscribes to Verizon so should have better coverage. Looking forward to doing Bill Gates' doing.
classified at this point as a booster?

is that specific to WA state, or the fact that J&J has a faster waning immunity and so earlier recipients got booster eligibility?

I've only been keeping track of my own county so genuinely curious

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
classified at this point as a booster?

is that specific to WA state, or the fact that J&J has a faster waning immunity and so earlier recipients got booster eligibility?

I've only been keeping track of my own county so genuinely curious

FDA + CDC recently approve and recommend a booster for all J&J recipients after two months, also allowing mixing and matching. I am particularly interested as I take medication that is now known to suppress the antibody response of all the vaccines. Had I had pfizer originally I would have been eligible for a booster months ago. Actually going to lay off the medication for a few weeks to hopefully make this shit work more better.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Changed booster from pfizer to moderna, seems to have a better antibody respond with the J&J, which is the weakness of the J&J vaccine.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Fuckit... Can we just start rounding up these lying antivax assholes and shoot the stupid fucks?

I see no reason to be nice to people that are going to kill thru their stupidity.
They are hostile to us so at this point why not be hostile back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fuckit... Can we just start rounding up these lying antivax assholes and shoot the stupid fucks?

I see no reason to be nice to people that are going to kill thru their stupidity.
They are hostile to us so at this point why not be hostile back.

As someone who has investigated particulate matter in injectable medications they could have tried to mere realistic and said they found microparticles of Teflon.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
One of the propaganda pics from my State Gov.
1634193647585.jpg.png

I didn't feel too bad after my second Astra jab, my state is now at 85% double dosed and we finally have Moderna being handed out.