Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
1st grocery visit since Coronageddon. No crowds to speak of, but a lot of stuff out of stock, including taters, onions, bread, etc.

Headed to Costco next... anticipating a shitshow.
Wife went after work. Said it was pretty normal except for the bare shelves. I wonder if when I went this morning if I just hit the toilet paper hoards.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Went to the grocery store today and found desolate shelves, no meat, few frozen goods, and zero bread.

Then I went to the grocery store on the, ehem, darker side of town, and they had plenty of everything.

What an interesting social experiment.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Went to the grocery store today and found desolate shelves, no meat, few frozen goods, and zero bread.

Then I went to the grocery store on the, ehem, darker side of town, and they had plenty of everything.

What an interesting social experiment.
younger brother is purchasing manager at a whole foods in colorado.....he says people are fucking looney toons.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Meanwhile in Massachusetts
View attachment 141954
I never get the mass buying of the perishables. And in this case, all the water. If things get fucked enough where we are having water supply issues, a little virus will be the least of our worries.

If I'm stuck at home for a couple weeks, I don't want a ton of shit that's just going to potentially go back before we can eat it. Loaded up on canned stuff this morning, and some other boxed/frozen/shelf stable stuff that we'd normally not used much. Easy to throw a meal together without needing to leave the house capability now upgraded to easily a month or more for us and the critters.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
1. they ordered total isolation of large swaths of population. Looks at the pictures of cities with boarded up streets
2. they built 15 hospitals on the fly to deal with the 20% of patients needing ventilators and IC

Unless the US manages to accomplish a similar feat, I see little chance that our final numbers will look as good as that of China.
This. My medium sized level 2 trauma center facility has a capability to ventilate about 80 patients. That's including all our backups, out of service, and emergency pool.

If it gets that bad though, all the normal business of elective procedures will not be happening. Meaning the staff normally working those cases will be freed up to help with the triaging/treatment/death paneling.

We'll be co-horting patients and doing everything possible to make the inevitable dwindling stocks of PPE supplies last.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, México is out.
My current concern is that I was going to start weight training 3 days a week with a personal trainer through the end of May. Wouldn’t surprise me if the gym closes...I was gonna get all buff n’ shit.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
You are prolly gonna ‘get it’ before it will matter. being a nurse, n’ all.
Working hard to not. I/we are all pretty anal about our PPE use here, and our one confirmed case and out couple rule-outs are in neg pressure rooms just as an extra precaution. Our infectious disease head honcho took things very seriously, and got us doing what we needed early. We all have had some pretty good practice with other ISO patients.

I'd be more worried if I were in the front lines like EMS, ER, or LEO types.

When/if things get as bad as Italy, etc. and people get tired and start slipping up/making mistakes it going to suck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
1. they ordered total isolation of large swaths of population. Looks at the pictures of cities with boarded up streets
2. they built 15 hospitals on the fly to deal with the 20% of patients needing ventilators and IC

Unless the US manages to accomplish a similar feat, I see little chance that our final numbers will look as good as that of China.
interested in seeing how many people exit those hospitals.....

adjusts brim of tinfoil hat....

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Welcome to my world. Alco EMS is predicting a 50% infection rate for Fire, EMS, Leo and ER We are so effed
Yeah, I know. Be careful/safe as you can, man.

Getting into spring allergy season here in the northeast, so I'm sure the ER and urgent care spots will get clogged up (hah!) with people freaking out. No temp? Nothing but your usual springtime symptoms? Beat it, GOMER, and make room for the folks who really need to be here.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

So with corona here to stay, is this something were just gonna have to deal woth like the flu?
In other words, am I just gonna get it anyways and is there really any use in trying to avoid it in the long run?

if I didnt have a lung condition I would probably just go ahead and face it head on, but snce corona viruses specifically attack the lungs Im a bit reluctant.

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
On January 23 when wuhan was put on lock down I started buying some extra non parishable's and cleaning supplies etc every week I would tell the cashier "quietly stock up what you need to be comfortable at home for a couple months no one is taking this seriously"

I'm just a dumb country boy but when that many people are put on lock down I knew it was going to be bad people close to me and co workers thought I was crazy I told them "memorial day weekend will tell the tale by then it will be everywhere and starting to level off" I also kept telling people "it's NOT LIKE THE FLU we have an instant flu test we have decades of real time data on the flu we know nothing about this don't be careless" again I was laughed at and asked where my tinfoil hat was

Then all the dumb fucks pissing and moaning about the lack of test kits, how the fuck do you have billions of test kits on hand for something that basically no one knew about a few months ago?
Do you need to be tested for something they have no treatment for? What do you gain other than bogging down the wonderful medical workers who are needed to treat critical people and Risk exposing MORE PEOPLE to the virus just to find out your only option was to stay home until when and if your symptoms get worse anyway.

then the red against blue, us against them the people who chose no be the problem not the solution
I don't care if your gay trans straight pro Trump never Trump KKK antifa proud boys or whatever

It's "WE THE PEOPLE" stop the division it's starts with YOU YES ALL YOU let's take our country back

Divide and conquer is how you defeat your enemy and America is insanely divided now the government and ultra are conquering us continue to be the RDMKY-19 or unite with your fellow human being to make a difference we can stop this

I'm sure all the keyboard heros will shit on me have at It really don't care

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had to do our normal grocery run. Thought I'd get here early at 7:30am to beat the crowds. Shelves are fine, but the lineup to pay curls to the back of the store!