Quantcast

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I got the Covid, probably going to live. crazy body aches yesterday, with a headache, runny nose and dry cough. Today it’s a mild headache, dry cough and runny nose. Oh and chills.
Bummed about being out of work for a few days. I’ve been busy.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
If he's critical of the science and statistics behind it, give him a list of things that save lives that he does every day with instructions on how to remove them from his life.

1. Seatbelts have show for decades to save lives. Pull a stat and then give instructions for how to remove them from his car.

2. Airbags have shown to save lives for decades. Pull a stat and then give instructions for how to remove from his car.

3. Antibiotics (even just penicillin) has proven since 1928 to save lives from even simple bacterial infections. Stop going to the doctor if he gets sick. It was discovered by a scientist, confirmed through the scientific method, and eventually approved for human consumption via the FDA. Since he doesn't believe in any of these things, he needs to prove his stance.

4. Etc.

I've done the same and continue to do the same with my Dad. He has still not agreed to get the vaccination, but will take a test and sent results before coming to visit. It sounds like you're in the "trying to reason stage" but are very rapidly working towards the "my priority will always be your mother over you" stage. I went through that about a year ago and my Dad got emotionally bitch slapped when I told him that I care about my kids more than I care about him and he needs to understand that I will ALWAYS make that decision. My Dad has made his bed and has to lay in it with only one way out of it. Your son is rapidly on that path.

And getting suckered into the rabbit hole of truly fake news, isn't hard. My Dad was a manager and lead engineer for Boeing Phantom Projects. Brainwashing can get anyone.
Thank You stoney. Much to chew on there,and I can Feel you’re Heart with all the word’s. I Love this site.
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Regarding Nigeria, I was speaking with family (in nigeria) and they quipped that people aren't concerned about covid there. The primary reason being, covid is like 10th on the list of the things that are making people sick/killing people atm. What is killing people? Things like hunger, poverty, malaria, etc. They also said that the average person isn't going to spend money on a mask. That period is long over. It's only the wealthy people that wear masks... and now, only the wealthy that are getting vaccinated. Amazingly, Nigeria hasn't seen the rates that some other countries in the world are seeing. It would be absolutely devastating.
I Love The “Super Eagles”,my heart goes out to you all.
Avy

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I got my booster yesterday and now my company says that they are pausing the mandate due to the judge crap. I did it because it's the right thing to do, but apparently some folks still feel different.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A former coworker is trying to transfer onto my team but is running into issues because the other engineer on his projects plans on leaving because of the companies vax policy. The real confusing part is that the anti-vaxxer works in an area with a long list of toxic and carcinogenic chemicals, half of which are being banned in the EU in a few years. The area is a pain in the ass to work in because nothing has been updated in almost 30 years so it can be grandfathered and not comply to modern regulatory standards. Dude was totally fine working in that environment but thinks it isn't safe to get vaccinated.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A former coworker is trying to transfer onto my team but is running into issues because the other engineer on his projects plans on leaving because of the companies vax policy. The real confusing part is that the anti-vaxxer works in an area with a long list of toxic and carcinogenic chemicals, half of which are being banned in the EU in a few years. The area is a pain in the ass to work in because nothing has been updated in almost 30 years so it can be grandfathered and not comply to modern regulatory standards. Dude was totally fine working in that environment but thinks it isn't safe to get vaccinated.
Funny how many of these "I want to know what I'm putting in my body" people are perfectly happy puffing on vape pens, chugging Monster energy drinks, and subsisting on fast food. Almost as if it's not a matter of knowing what you are putting in your body.

If you don't wanna do it, dont do it. Just have some courage and quit with the mental gymnastics to justify your narrative.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Funny how many of these "I want to know what I'm putting in my body" people are perfectly happy puffing on vape pens, chugging Monster energy drinks, and subsisting on fast food. Almost as if it's not a matter of knowing what you are putting in your body.

If you don't wanna do it, dont do it. Just have some courage and quit with the mental gymnastics to justify your narrative.
Just needs some slick marketing. None of this science bullshit.