Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Funny how many of these "I want to know what I'm putting in my body" people are perfectly happy puffing on vape pens, chugging Monster energy drinks, and subsisting on fast food. Almost as if it's not a matter of knowing what you are putting in your body.

If you don't wanna do it, dont do it. Just have some courage and quit with the mental gymnastics to justify your narrative.

I can tell you I don't want to have anything to do with this, especially in an environment where it is sprayed and handled in liquid form. But the same people who are anti-vax will not wear respirators when they are supposed to and will eat/drink against the rules while wearing clothes covered in the stuff.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I have a question for ya all. I have read every post on this thread,many have died,family,coworker’s etc. Am I wrong in thinking that 90% of the people who died were Not in the 20 to 40 year range of Life? IE,young Healthy people do not die from COVID who did not get the shot? Check me,and forgive me if I forgot a post.
Avy

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have a question for ya all. I have read every post on this thread,many have died,family,coworker’s etc. Am I wrong in thinking that 90% of the people who died were Not in the 20 to 40 year range of Life? IE,young Healthy people do not die from COVID who did not get the shot? Check me,and forgive me if I forgot a post.
Avy
Yes, most people who die are older. I think I saw a study showing an average of 11 years of life lost.

But not all are. People of just about any age have died, from kids on up. I sure see a lot of 40 and 50 year olds with horrible lungs on the ventilator.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yes, most people who die are older. I think I saw a study showing an average of 11 years of life lost.

But not all are. People of just about any age have died, from kids on up. I sure see a lot of 40 and 50 year olds with horrible lungs on the ventilator.
Toshi,that is what I thought,but I have no right to make that statement without Fact’s,and I seem to have little of those. That is One Fact that my Son Love’s to throw in my face. HandSome,you are only making the Virus more Powerful by not takin a shot. It is not going anywhere,and You are not getting any younger.

Last Toshi,can you tell me why some Health Worker’s would not want to get the shot? This One has me at a complete loss. What is the %.? 10 % of them is it? I think I’m am close on that stat.

I think I might have COVID? Very worried for the Wife and hoping for the Best. Lunch time left side of throat was acting up. Headache,had a 9 hr day,throat hurt got worse by end of day. I have to say I was in a Panic,told the wife,I’ll call you from the Hotel. That did not go over very well. Pa,come home now,it’s too late and I want you Home. I am getting the Boost tomorrow,damit,I wish that was old new’s. The Wife is All Good on her shotz. So I am a not crawling wall’s,perhap’s I am makin to much of the matter. Peace.
Avy

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Consistently it’s about 0.5% who’d rather get fired than vaccinated. But in that 99.5% there are some exemptions (who then mask and test twice a week at my system). That’s well under 10% there. For doctors, at least, over 95% of us are vaccinated iirc.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

Yep, what he said.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
oooooh-vaccine needs to be hardcore branded.

like:

MAXXXXXXINE!!!!!1!1!1!!1! slam one into yoself today!!!!

but better
I have seen reports that there has been large upticks in vaccinations in some countries because ‘omicron sounds scarier’. Given what else people fucking think I totally believe it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I have seen reports that there has been large upticks in vaccinations in some countries because ‘omicron sounds scarier’. Given what else people fucking think I totally believe it.
I think it has more to do with the effect that a lot of those folks do now realize that their lifes get much more inconvenient with access to many things requiring proof of vaccination. Combine that with their crushed hope that "it will be over soon", which was manifested with the appearance of omicron, they bite the bullet.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Putting this here because the Lounge gets the most traffic

Just got the first alert status from County EMS

Just passing along what they recommend for personal protection for EMS responders that you guys can make use of, P100 respirator masks, eye protection, nitrile gloves ( doors etc) frequent hand washing. don't touch your hands to your face without washing or using hand sanitizer first
It's funny, on a whim I thought I'd go back to the first post in the thread. this advice has been what I have adhered to since first reading it. Despite the back and forth from WHO in the beginning, I always stuck to this advice, and it seems as relevant today as it did then.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's funny, on a whim I thought I'd go back to the first post in the thread. this advice has been what I have adhered to since first reading it. Despite the back and forth from WHO in the beginning, I always stuck to this advice, and it seems as relevant today as it did then.
a lot of posts on the first few pages have not aged well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Stats for my county, which is well over 80% vaccinated for the population in the stats (no children)

Death rate

1639159910407.png

Hospitalization rates which is a good indicator of who is getting really sick from it.

1639159945066.png

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Going to take the test,called work to inform them so time will tell. I have 2 dogs and have not been loving them like I always do and they can tell. The girl is crying to me,and the boy is nudging my hand for love. I am on vaca today and Monday. When Pa is home it’s all love,they don’t understand? Can’t our Dogs get Sick and what the Fuck do we do If so?
Avy

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I am so fucking sick of these self-centered assholes that want to walk around in the building without a mask on. God damn you, you miserable pieces of shit ! Get Covid a fucking die already. Merry fucking Christmas Dickheads !

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Well my dumb shit brother in law, who is not vaccinated. Is sick, has been for 2 weeks. Today, dr said he has pneumonia from his Covid, but since he isn’t completely on his death bed he can’t be admitted to the hospital since it is completely full of people that are dying. He’s 36, has two kids, didn’t want to get the shot because, FrEeDoM. Fuck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well my dumb shit brother in law, who is not vaccinated. Is sick, has been for 2 weeks. Today, dr said he has pneumonia from his Covid, but since he isn’t completely on his death bed he can’t be admitted to the hospital since it is completely full of people that are dying. He’s 36, has two kids, didn’t want to get the shot because, FrEeDoM. Fuck.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
no sympathy to him
Play stupid games win stupid prizes
Now to his wife and kids: go get the shots before daddy kills you too

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Going to take the test,called work to inform them so time will tell. I have 2 dogs and have not been loving them like I always do and they can tell. The girl is crying to me,and the boy is nudging my hand for love. I am on vaca today and Monday. When Pa is home it’s all love,they don’t understand? Can’t our Dogs get Sick and what the Fuck do we do If so?
Avy
Hi Avy,
I read this article and thought of you and your son.
I hope you manage all this and come out the other side stronger.
Ben

edit; forgot to link article, haha.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Avy

Having done some libural resurch... I have come to worry more about UCI-covid and post-UCI covid life than covid death itself.
Life after a few weeks in a covid UCI is likely to be worse than death. You will probably die in the next few months anyway.... but will suffer a horrendous fate meanwhile.

Peru has averaged a 3% mortality rate on covid (for those infected, all ages), numbers on moderate/severe complications for survivors are unknown... but I suspect they are close to double digits.
Most of the developing world probably hovers around those numbers. Shit hits the fan really bad when hospitals/medical personnel are overrun.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just heard that one of my neighbors, pretty fit roadie, double BioNtech'd, got the Covid from his boss (vaccinated as well) a couple of weeks ago. He only had mild symptoms, cold like and body and joint aches, but now after his recovery is fatigued all the time. He has no energy to ride or run and, as he tracks all his performance with all these technical devices roadies do, his fitness is on a significant lower level than it would be after a normal cold and even a flu he had some time ago. Ugh! :fie:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just heard that one of my neighbors, pretty fit roadie, double BioNtech'd, got the Covid from his boss (vaccinated as well) a couple of weeks ago. He only had mild symptoms, cold like and body and joint aches, but now after his recovery is fatigued all the time. He has no energy to ride or run and, as he tracks all his performance with all these technical devices roadies do, his fitness is on a significant lower level than it would be after a normal cold and even a flu he had some time ago. Ugh! :fie:
I've bitched and moaned about my fatigue since getting sick, but it's still the worst part of having had Covid. In '20 I could barely move some days. It'll be two years in March, and I believe I still have lingering effects in the form of fatigue.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
That's unfortunate.
Is he anti vax about everything or just Covid? That is the thing i really do not understand is people who are vaxxed for all the typical stuff but then all of a sudden are against the covid vaccination.
I am 5 days into testing positive and I do not want to know how bad this could have been if i wasnt vaccinated.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
That's unfortunate.
Is he anti vax about everything or just Covid? That is the thing i really do not understand is people who are vaxxed for all the typical stuff but then all of a sudden are against the covid vaccination.
I am 5 days into testing positive and I do not want to know how bad this could have been if i wasnt vaccinated.
the same people will gladly get an Hepatitis vaccine to go party in Cancun...