Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
But this will be used as evidence by morans that vaccines *don't* work. :rolleyes:
sofa king dumb.

get vaxxed, maybe get sick and feel like shit a few days, highly likely to not end up in the hospital or dead or even on suppemental o2. maybe some post-infection issues

don't get vaxxed and roll the dice on a terribly uncomfortable death and possible lifelong issues if you don't die.

sure, that's an overly simplified take - but it isn't wrong either.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
sofa king dumb.

get vaxxed, maybe get sick and feel like shit a few days, highly likely to not end up in the hospital or dead or even on suppemental o2. maybe some post-infection issues

don't get vaxxed and roll the dice on a terribly uncomfortable death and possible lifelong issues if you don't die.

sure, that's an overly simplified take - but it isn't wrong either.
Moran response:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Perhaps the best thing I ever did for my mental health was telling certain members of my family to fuck right off. The only thing I regret is how long it took me to do it.
That is what I did with my Father. Shit,I was in my late 40’s before I ripped the head off the Snake. I alway’s was on his beckon and call,whenever we were blessed to see him. My Two sister’s we’re way worse than me. Then one day,well,I won’t bore you with detail’s.
Avy

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Lost a customer over the weekend. He was 45 with a 10 year old kid. Positive on Monday, dead on Friday. He was big on the it’s fake news bullshit train. It’s upsetting because his trust in a shitty news network(was always on in his shop) cost him his life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just found out that one of the other classrooms at my daughter's preschool had a student test positive. the classrooms do not intermingle, so only that student's classroom has to quarantine (this is by design for covid era safety, edit: masks are also required for students and staff, and the staff is all vaccinated). uncomfortably close to home.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was kinda looking forward to meeting some of my new colleagues and mingling with them in person at our office Christmas party. But cases are taking off here again, and the Omicron variant has me a little worried. I think I'm going to bail on as many in-person social interactions as I can.

boooo this virus.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The only time I get within a couple feet of other humans is at work when I have to wait on customers. Even then I try to keep my distance unless measuring fingers. And don’t even think about waltzing in without a mask. I get real unfriendly fast.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I got about half way through.

Meanwhile, our children, who have continued to attend their weekly homeschooling co-op since April 2020,
In a civilized country, this is called "a school". Fuck this guy, and all of his ilk. When they get sick, and eventually they will, I have not a shred of empathy to spare for them. Try to have the courtesy to die at home, and spare the hospitals for people that need them. Jesus Christ.......

Edit:
Indeed, there is something small-minded and puritanical and distinctly American about the whole business of obsessing over whether vaccinated teachers remove their face covering during a long school day.
Says the editor of a Catholic Magazine.

Just for emphasis, fuck this guy.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and clearly none of these clowns have ever been inside an ISO class 8 or higher clean room.

part of me would LOL if they knew what kind of PPE was required in the factories that make their smartphones

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
and clearly none of these clowns have ever been inside an ISO class 8 or higher clean room.

part of me would LOL if they knew what kind of PPE was required in the factories that make their smartphones
My optoelectronics clean room gear was good for Halloween parties :p

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Au contrarie, it wouldn’t bore us.
Just out of curiosity, Avy, are you from the states?
Your syntax is a little…unique.
rideit,that avatar women is beautiful,who is she? I must say,I thought it was that actor who married a F1 driver? I have a crush on her. Can’t think of her name?

I had look up syntax,as I had no idea? I am not the sharpest tool in the shed,I am very street smart though. I was happy to see the meaning of “syntax”. I dare say it is a compliment? As for the states. I was born in Beruit Lebanon,as my Mother did not trust Saudia Arabia’s Hosiptal in 1969. So she took a very dangerous flight to Beruit during a War. I then spent the next 10,11 year’s of my life in Sadia Arabia. Airline Brat,Father was Mngr of operation’s In Jeddah. I have been around the World,which I believe has given me a Better View of Life. I am so greatfull for this,and am very aware of those who are not.
Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was kinda looking forward to meeting some of my new colleagues and mingling with them in person at our office Christmas party. But cases are taking off here again, and the Omicron variant has me a little worried. I think I'm going to bail on as many in-person social interactions as I can.

boooo this virus.

The evidence with Omicron keeps coming back like it is a lot less severe than Delta and perhaps the OG virus. It has been over 3 weeks since Omicron hit South Africa. Cases have increased 40X, deaths haven't increased and hospitalizations have only doubled.
I got about half way through.

In a civilized country, this is called "a school". Fuck this guy, and all of his ilk. When they get sick, and eventually they will, I have not a shred of empathy to spare for them. Try to have the courtesy to die at home, and spare the hospitals for people that need them. Jesus Christ.......

Edit:

Says the editor of a Catholic Magazine.

Just for emphasis, fuck this guy.

Reminds me of the discussion of Covid in Kenya, not a big concern because it is only like the 10th leading cause of death. In southwest Michigan it is probably safe to say people are more concerned with meth and opioids.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had look up syntax,as I had no idea? I am not the sharpest tool in the shed,I am very street smart though. I was happy to see the meaning of “syntax”. I dare say it is a compliment? As for the states. I was born in Beruit Lebanon,as my Mother did not trust Saudia Arabia’s Hosiptal in 1969. So she took a very dangerous flight to Beruit during a War. I then spent the next 10,11 year’s of my life in Sadia Arabia. Airline Brat,Father was Mngr of operation’s In Jeddah. I have been around the World,which I believe has given me a Better View of Life. I am so greatfull for this,and am very aware of those who are not.
Avy
Your English is good for a non native speaker. Syntax / sentence structure is a little different than native speakers, but we can still understand you.

:cheers:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Lost a customer over the weekend. He was 45 with a 10 year old kid. Positive on Monday, dead on Friday. He was big on the it’s fake news bullshit train. It’s upsetting because his trust in a shitty news network(was always on in his shop) cost him his life.
Sunringlerider,that is Heavy new’s,disregarding his view on the shot. He was a customer,for how long? His child,Wife/Mother,just left there with a Dead Father. In 4 Fucking Day’s? It must be very Hard for you as well,this shit just happen’s and there gone.

You’re post actually almost brought me to tear’s. This is where it brought me. My co worker,whom I nicknamed “Bear”,spent almost 10 year’s with me installing Glass. Commercial and Home. He was Huge but Short. Full Grizzly Beard. Strong like an OX,but Smart as the Owl. Had a Loud Lovely laugh,and quick to call you on BullShit.Yet he would still have the EAR to take Possible solutions’s to a Problem at hand. He did not like height’s. Bear and Avy would be three tiers up on scaffolding with a Big piece of glass. I would earthquake the platform by rocking back and fourth,jimeny cricket’s,Bear really never went back up after that. That’s fine,he did not have to,as He was the Lead,rightfully soo I might add. Good memories. You Had to have a lid on you’re plastic soda pop,or,get out of my truck. No Lid,No Ride. Bear was a Work Hard,Play Hard type of man. He smoked cigis,and drank hard,no pot. He ate good. He had a 17 year old daughter,and a beautiful Wife. I was alway’s asking him technical question’s,which he would answer ,“no brother,or,yes brother”. I miss him so.

For many year’s Bear had a bad cough. I pleaded with him to go to the Dr. He never went. Then he went right before COVID Hit. Esophical Cancer(sp?). Not even 3 mounth’s. He was a skinny pole at the end,I saw him dead on his own bed at home. I was the only cunt at work that gave a Fuck. It has had a big effect on me. It also has taught me maybe it is best to move on from my Shop,which is still on the table. Perhaps I am being to rough on them,but I doubt it. They did not send His Wife His Christmas Bonus,ummm,5 Gs? Bear and I made them millions. Sorry to ramble on,but thank’s for listening.
Avy

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
rideit,that avatar women is beautiful,who is she? I must say,I thought it was that actor who married a F1 driver? I have a crush on her. Can’t think of her name?

Avy
She is Gal Godot. (Wonder Woman.). She is married to an Israeli developer, I believe.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
She is Gal Godot. (Wonder Woman.). She is married to an Israeli developer, I believe.
I had to go to the wife. Her name is Ashley Judd. Though the wife say’s she is a little cray these day’s. I for sure had a crush on her back in the day. You know,like that bike?
Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

People who think masks don't work probably also never had to pass a microbe test after working in an aseptic clean room for 4 hours.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
i stopped skimming, but my basic takeaway is this....

if they don't care, why should we?
Especially given that the authors view seems to be the very Republican one of "It's not affecting me directly, therefore it's not really a big deal.".

I feel confident in my assumption that I know exactly how Mr Catholic Journal editor feels about a woman's right to choose, despite the fact that it doesn't directly effect him.

To reiterate, fuck that guy.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

they would have no problem tying their shoelaces if they came undone in a open sewer...

then lick fingers afterward...