Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last day of HS for the youngest... he comes home around 11 and asks if we have any Vitamin I 'cause he's got a sore throat. Wife takes his temp. 102F. Binax home test comes back negative. Scheduled a "proper" test for 4pm this afternoon.

Hopefully it's just some *other* kid cooties.

your kid get a flu shot? my aunt is an ER doc, she said the flu has been bad this year as well.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Here comes the waiting game. Had contact with someone last week who tested positive today. We both wore masks and both are vaccinated so…
Guess I test tomorrow (5 days after contact).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Are you fucking kidding me?!

I wanted to inform you that we have a confirmed case of RSV in the classroom. We do ask to keep an extra eye out and if your child, and if they experiencing symptoms we kindly ask to keep them home. RSV symptoms are: Runny nose Decrease in appetite Coughing Fever Wheezing If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I wanted to inform you that we have a confirmed case of RSV in the classroom. We do ask to keep an extra eye out and if your child, and if they experiencing symptoms we kindly ask to keep them home. RSV symptoms are: Runny nose Decrease in appetite Coughing Fever Wheezing If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

COVID or RSV only you can decide!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Kid 3 has sniffles here in Seattle. Got a PCR test this morning and going to a rapid test now (would home test but forgot to bring our stash and none available because third world nation).

If she’s positive then me getting back to Denver to work Monday-Thurs (and with holiday week staffing they can’t afford me not to be working) becomes very interesting.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Kid 3 has sniffles here in Seattle. Got a PCR test this morning and going to a rapid test now (would home test but forgot to bring our stash and none available because third world nation).

If she’s positive then me getting back to Denver to work Monday-Thurs (and with holiday week staffing they can’t afford me not to be working) becomes very interesting.
You should probably reserve a rental car now. :homer:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Still waiting from Saturday for my test results, boss was not happy that I wasn't coming to work today.
Oh well, he's the one that came to work with a cold.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Managed to schedule y booster for Christmas eve at 8PM. Second shot didn’t do shit to me, hoping this one kicks my ass. If I get lucky this one makes me sick and I get to guiltlessly skip Christmas and nobody can complain because it’s a result of doing the right thing and protecting the olds. If this vaccine can’t get me out of holiday festivities then it truly is a worthless Bill Gates hoax.

Wish me luck!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

“Are you running a school or a gain-of-function lab?!?”

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Managed to schedule y booster for Christmas eve at 8PM. Second shot didn’t do shit to me, hoping this one kicks my ass. If I get lucky this one makes me sick and I get to guiltlessly skip Christmas and nobody can complain because it’s a result of doing the right thing and protecting the olds. If this vaccine can’t get me out of holiday festivities then it truly is a worthless Bill Gates hoax.

Wish me luck!
The 2nd one kind of screwed me over, I had an upset stomach for about a month after. Could have been coincidence, but it correlated pretty closely with getting the shot and I haven't had anything like that just pop up out of nowhere. Eventually got better though. Booster was nothin, didn't even notice.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
How would the others know if it made you sick or...lets say...if you deliver an Oscar-worthy performance? :D ;)
In terms of acting, I'm more on the Shia LeBeouf end of the spectrum rather than the Javier Bardem one. Looking into a bootleg positive test ATM...

That and my wife is a bit of a narc, she'd rat me out. Which is total bullshit because she doesn't want to go either.

Booster was nothin, didn't even notice.
Why must you be so negative?

In more positive news, it only took 20 months, but I finally found a mask that stays put and doesn't ride up over my eyes due to my silky luxurious beard.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Wish me luck!
can you choose which kind you get? those i know who have gotten a different brand of booster than first two shots have felt the yuck after...just sayin'