Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Screenshot_20211221-211046.png

This is Sunday... Costco, Sprouts, or K1. Still nothing re: Hannah's classmates.

Texting w/ a mom and she has pulled her daughter out to prevent getting sick. Apparently others are too. Guess a lot of people are getting to the "wtf are you guys doing here?" point.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
can you choose which kind you get? those i know who have gotten a different brand of booster than first two shots have felt the yuck after...just sayin'
Yep, got Pfizer for the first two, went with a Moderna chip this time. I figure vaccines are pretty much the same as cell phone plans, none offer 100% coverage but if you get a good one like Verizon/Pfizer you probably won’t notice the blackout spots, but every once in a while you end up somewhere sketchy and that one friend with Boost Mobile is the only one with service. All of a sudden all that shit you talked about them being poor was a bad idea because he’s the only one who can call an Uber and get you ottta there. To that end I wanted J&J since it’s probably going to be solid against the zeta variant of Covid24 when we get there, but you can’t get boosted (god I hate that term!) with that, so Moderna it was. Hoping they make it with rotten shellfish and boiled jock straps or something for extra barfing.

I guess this also means I have to stop talking shit about people who got the loser-spec Moderna shot. At least I can still make fun of the Euros and their silly Astra Zenica “jab”.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
@stoney Hope you are OK dude.

1) Omicron is wild. UK now has 90,000 cases per day for 60 million people. Wild.

6ED35A56-E8B0-4CBA-97C2-651866CB8EBF.jpeg

2) Vaccines do really help once a high percentage are double vaxxed. UK on about 80% eligible 2x, boosted rate ramping fast.

0FE8B934-F5BB-4AE9-BF3D-05F39B8D4DDE.jpeg

D88DE0D1-2D2E-4CBC-954A-8BD541DF9DDD.jpeg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Woot, got my results at 11:45 last night, no Covid, Christmas is a go!

Australia's Christmas song has a Covid isolation themed clip this year, Paul is our Bob Dylan-

EDIT- A person two doors up has Covid, one of her kids has it now too, they are fit healthy folk so hopefully it's just minor symptoms for them.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah's up and coughing like hell. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope it's the RSV that's also in her classroom right now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
can you choose which kind you get? those i know who have gotten a different brand of booster than first two shots have felt the yuck after...just sayin'
Yep, got Pfizer for the first two, went with a Moderna chip this time. I figure vaccines are pretty much the same as cell phone plans, none offer 100% coverage but if you get a good one like Verizon/Pfizer you probably won’t notice the blackout spots, but every once in a while you end up somewhere sketchy and that one friend with Boost Mobile is the only one with service. All of a sudden all that shit you talked about them being poor was a bad idea because he’s the only one who can call an Uber and get you ottta there. To that end I wanted J&J since it’s probably going to be solid against the zeta variant of Covid24 when we get there, but you can’t get boosted (god I hate that term!) with that, so Moderna it was. Hoping they make it with rotten shellfish and boiled jock straps or something for extra barfing.
I'm thinking of going 3 for 3: 1. AZ, 2. Pfizer, 3. Moderna? (because why tf not at this point?! I don't feckin' know...)
At least I can still make fun of the Euros and their silly Astra Zenica “jab”.
Just to let you know, the UK is no longer part of Europe! :D
was gonna say, not sure where you're going with that. my mom got all three Moderna in France...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Had an interesting interaction yesterday. I was talking with a woman about Omicron, and how it seems as if just about everyone will get it, but generally just unvaxxed will get really sick. Made a comment about Darwin. She pulled up a picture of her in an ICU bed, with blood all over her chest from her lungs…she was on her way to a vent.
She said it was the scariest and most humbling experience of her life, and made her wake to the fact that right wing pundits were lying, and almost killed her. She was a Trumpie, but after that experience, basically renounced him, and Fox, and everything else.
Was an illuminating conversation.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My work appears to have shuttered their own vaccination clinics, I assume most were actually vaccinated so no point in keeping them open?

So now with the boosters it looks like I have to wait in line with the rest of the plebs around here. Girlfriend is booked for February. :popcorn: :brow:

Maybe by then my employer will reopen the clinics?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Had an interesting interaction yesterday. I was talking with a woman about Omicron, and how is seems as if just about everyone will get it, but generally just unvaxxed will get really sick. Made a comment about Darwin. She pulled up a picture of her in an ICU bed, with blood all over her chest from her lungs…she was on her way to a vent.
She said it was the scariest and most humbling experience of her life, and made her wake to the fact that right wing pundits were lying, and almost killed her. She was a Trumpie, but after that experience, basically renounced him, and Fox, and everything else.
Was an illuminating conversation.
amazing what a NDE will do

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I got a negative rapid test yesterday, waiting on PCR. My sinuses are dried out, which could be anything since it just turned cold here but I have no urge to eat human flesh or whatever the other Covid symptoms are supposed to be.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I find it even more amazing how many of these people deny that it is Covid to the absolute bitter end…
That has been most of our patients in the last six months or so. Many who are now dead. That and the asking for the vaccine when it's way, way too late.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
3rd kid confirmed in class. Mgmt is saying siblings can keep coming to school.

Conversation is now coming up with other parents who are done with their shit about hiring a teacher and doing it on our own for 1.5yrs. We need 4 parents to commit to the timeline to be able to pay $47k ($23/hr) to the teacher annually. I can provide my basement, we'll each have to contribute to food expenses and lessons. I work with teachers and can easily get a <26 y/o who can stay on parent's health insurance (most are), while still getting paid more than at the district. I can also get a retirement plan setup with a match. All this for what the 4 families pay now, because no profit. The school pays $12-14/hr, so we could get a real teacher.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Conversation is now coming up with other parents who are done with their shit about hiring a teacher and doing it on our own for 1.5yrs. We need 4 parents to commit to the timeline to be able to pay $47k ($23/hr) to the teacher annually. I can provide my basement, we'll each have to contribute to food expenses and lessons. I work with teachers and can easily get a <26 y/o who can stay on parent's health insurance (most are), while still getting paid more than at the district. I can also get a retirement plan setup with a match. All this for what the 4 families pay now, because no profit. The school pays $12-14/hr, so we could get a real teacher.
do it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Are you starting a charter school?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I'm thinking of going 3 for 3: 1. AZ, 2. Pfizer, 3. Moderna? (because why tf not at this point?! I don't feckin' know...)

was gonna say, not sure where you're going with that. my mom got all three Moderna in France...
Yup, my thoughts as well. Trifecta if possible.
Have the AZ and Moderna, just gotta pickup a Pfizer if possible for teh boosterz.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament