Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What did I miss - @stoney do *you* have a suspected case of teh Cooties?? ++vibes, man...
Hannah - Incredibly likely; I'd put really high $$ on it. 4 of 20 kids in her class have it, plus one w/ RSV which consensus is a misdiagnosis.
Me - Potentially; Not feeling super and Hannah sits in my lap to read before going to bed
Wifey - Maybe; sore throat, headache, winded.
Haley - you people all complain too much

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Hannah - Incredibly likely; I'd put really high $$ on it. 4 of 20 kids in her class have it, plus one w/ RSV which consensus is a misdiagnosis.
Me - Potentially; Not feeling super and Hannah sits in my lap to read before going to bed
Good luck to you and yours!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fuck. hoping for the best for youz guyz.

we just received a note from the school saying there were two positive rapid tests in the school. they're shutting down for the rest of the year. classes are divided by cohorts, and neither of the positive cases were in my kids' cohorts. but because Omicron is so virulent, we've run out of capacity to conduct PCR tests here. so it's quite likely the # of confirmed cases is under-reported. fun times.

what a goddam shit show. I wonder how much of the spread is due to it hitting so close to Christmas. I wonder how many people are just soooo tired of it all that they're like "fuck it, I'm getting together with my family/friends/colleagues.... whatever. I'm double vaxxed so I won't get too sick from it anyways".

just started reading this (published a year ago): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/health/coronavirus-plague-pandemic-history.html

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Youth cases as a percentage of total cases just jumped up from about 20 to 30% around here, and that data is a week old. Perfect time bomb, get the kids all sick then travel for the holidays and get together with the grandparents.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Youth cases as a percentage of total cases just jumped up from about 20 to 30% around here, and that data is a week old. Perfect time bomb, get the kids all sick then travel for the holidays and get together with the grandparents.
But hey, the kids will in the future get mental problems if we don't keep the schools open. :homer: Not sure if this could be worse than the still unknown long-term effects of Covid infections.
A colleague's kid has ongoing headaches after the recovery from Covid. Hope that it is just a temporary aftermath and not long Covid or such BS.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Negative home test for Hannah, but she barely let us swab 1/4". So only give that so much weight...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The stories have started rolling in about friends and acquaintances showing up positive. With and without symptoms. Kid, work, and party exposures everywhere. These are vaccinated people I’d expect to be fairly cautious.

Definitely makes me concerned about plans to visit elderly family in poor health. I’m expecting to head out late next week on a road trip, and hoping I don’t pick it up before then or along the way.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fuck. We're all packed up and ready to go to my mother in law's place. We all did a rapid test before loading up into the car. My youngest's is positive. No visit to Nona for us. No visit with the cousins, no visit with my mom. :(

Going to administer the home PCR test now and go drop it off. They're rationing tests at the moment, so hopefully they let us drop it off.

What a shitty end to a shitty year. Fuck 2021. Fuck it right up the ass.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fuck. We're all packed up and ready to go to my mother in law's place. We all did a rapid test before loading up into the car. My youngest's is positive. No visit to Nona for us. No visit with the cousins, no visit with my mom. :(

Going to administer the home PCR test now and go drop it off. They're rationing tests at the moment, so hopefully they let us drop it off.

Hey, at least you were good enough to be doing the tests to not risk other peoples health.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

++vibes, man

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
In today’s edition of ”Unclear On The Concept”…

Kiddo is a little under the weather. I called my trainer (I am in a group class), and told her I was getting him tested. She wrote back “Oh, no! Hope he is OK…come to the class when you are done!”

er….

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Why the hell is a single city compared with geographic regions? A small area with 100X the population density is going to look like the rest of the country averaged out . I hate shitty graphs.
They vary that display quite a bit. The regions are always there but they'll highlight cities, states, and even counties when they're the worst growth rate of cases/1000.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Well F*ck me... the wife and I are having a belated wedding ceremony on the 29th of December. We did a civil ceremony a while back (with only our parents present), but at that time did not feel comfortable getting the family together for a celebration....

Things were starting to feel semi-normal, and I agreed to start planning a small get-together (15 family members or so) to celebrate.

Well, we are in the "it's too late to turn back" stage, and I feel all sorts of stupid, as I was saying the whole time that planning anything was risky.

I guess the silver lining is that apparently Omicron has not yet made it's way to Southern Oregon yet...Or so she tells me.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well F*ck me... the wife and I are having a belated wedding ceremony on the 29th of December. We did a civil ceremony a while back (with only our parents present), but at that time did not feel comfortable getting the family together for a celebration....

Things were starting to feel semi-normal, and I agreed to start planning a small get-together (15 family members or so) to celebrate.

Well, we are in the "it's too late to turn back" stage, and I feel all sorts of stupid, as I was saying the whole time that planning anything was risky.

I guess the silver lining is that apparently Omicron has not yet made it's way to Southern Oregon yet...Or so she tells me.
Ah, you'll be fine. I mean what's the worst that could happen?

I think the omicron variant has been identified primarily in this region here on the map

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ah, you'll be fine. I mean what's the worst that could happen?

I think the omicron variant has been identified primarily in this region here on the map

Aotearoa has no community Omicron yet, but we have a handful of cases in MIQ and growing rapidly it seems.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My signifcant domestic partner was giving me a hard time because I refused to go to a friends house for a dinner tomorrow night. Because I know for a fact none of the people that would be there have been living as if there's a pandemic going on. 4 of them now have covid, including our host's daughter.

trust no one