Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There is an email chain going around with my team at work asking if it makes sense to go into the office with case rates so high and several coworkers already sick. The general consensus is fuck no. Our manager is CC'd on the conversation and hasn't said a word. The best kind of leadership is the kind that doesn't want to have responsibility for any outcomes.
Corporate legal council didn't want to touch some of our sub-contractors claiming religious exceptions with a big pointy stick. Their agencies need to "certify" their adherence to the mandates.

Also eff religious exceptions.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Corporate legal council didn't want to touch some of our sub-contractors claiming religious exceptions with a big pointy stick. Their agencies need to "certify" their adherence to the mandates.

Also eff religious exceptions.
Company issued a vaccine mandate. Then proceeded to accept every religious exemption despite no major religions forbidding vaccines. Then spinelessly withdrawing the mandate before it went into effect.

There was some good that came out of it, a lot of people got vaccinated because if it and a lot of people got fired prior to the mandate because of bad behavior thinking they would get fired because of the vaccine anyway.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Haven't been able to see family in 3 years.
Haven't been "to" work since October 2020.
Probably Feb 2020 since I last ate in a restaurant setting.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
LOL

I've been in one restaurant once in two years
I got you beat on that: zero! From previously going out at least once a week with friends it was a rough change. Worth it though: not gotten the 'rona (yet), less sick with colds in general, nearly never an upset stomach and saving tons of money along the way. I support my favorite places by getting take out though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got my "you've been exposed" alert from the CO COVID notification app. 7-days ago. Doing day count... Oh, what do you know Haley was with me that day, she's sick and we all feel like shit. Where were we? Winter Park.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What’s a real life?

I’m planning to road trip soon to see aging family in declining health. Fingers crossed my isolated life keeps me virus free until I roll out, and safe on the road to AZ.
10 hour flight, pick up a rental car and then 4 hour drive to get to my parental units.

I might buy a biohazard suit for the plane when I bite the bullet.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah we need:

a) to massively subsidise and provide logistics and vaccines for the rest of the unvaxxed planet to help stop new ones happening (a good use for the useless military? Might need a rebrand…)
b) have a rolling tracking/creation/approval process
c) serious mandates.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You just know we will be on to the next one by then.
But it is likely to be a mutation from omicron so having omicron protection is beneficial. It is likely we will have yearly covid vaccine formulations like the flu.

Also I started feeling like shit today and thought perhaps it was covid. Then I remembered I got my flu vaccine this morning.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Is two week old bum urine in an old Gatorade bottle more effective?
IDK, but I found the gatorade 32oz bottle was perfect for peeing into while in a tent. Drink it up....then it becomes your pee-bottle. What more could you ask for?

peebottle.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
credit

Because if you are buying supermarket sugar-water for hydration you are most likely an idiot anyway?