bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
great news!

Franticly checks charge on digital mood stabilizer...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For me retiring at 69.5 means I will get an extra 1100/ month from social security than if I were to retire today. That SS check will completely cover our mortgage and property taxes. Works for us
Fair enough. Do you plan on moving after you retire? My wife and I fully intend to move somewhere less expensive once we retire.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For me retiring at 69.5 means I will get an extra 1100/ month from social security than if I were to retire today. That SS check will completely cover our mortgage and property taxes. Works for us
Uh... You realize that you can retire before you claim your SS, right? Only thing that I can see impacting you is the Windfall, but that would require CalPERS or some other SS replacement govt pension.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
great news!

So the CBDA is pretty unstable and any heat fucks it real quick...... you need to have the buds raw.
Hmmm Make a pesto with it? add some fresh lime &/or Coriander to it and chuck it on crackers to have with your sundowner?
Quick to the bong shed to meditate on recipes!

Also for the interested, here's a 2020 paper that covers how CBDA reacts etc.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So the CBDA is pretty unstable and any heat fucks it real quick...... you need to have the buds raw.
Hmmm Make a pesto with it? add some fresh lime &/or Coriander to it and chuck it on crackers to have with your sundowner?
Quick to the bong shed to meditate on recipes!

Also for the interested, here's a 2020 paper that covers how CBDA reacts etc.
Ganja pesto??

QqdyVT8H6uJ32.gif

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Uh... You realize that you can retire before you claim your SS, right? Only thing that I can see impacting you is the Windfall, but that would require CalPERS or some other SS replacement govt pension.
Yes I could retire without a SS claim except that we need the current paycheck income that I bring in and I don't currently have a means to replace that.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Fuck that. I've already told my wife I want to retire early, and I've floated the idea with our cfp.
We've been pre-retired for the past 15 years. Gave us plenty of time to adjust to living with a small income. Once we get our SS we might end up with more money than now. Of course, no kids.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am well on track to retire by 60 but with a giant question mark about what medical costs would be prior to medicare kicking in. Actually really only need to work my real job for another few years then just need to find something for the health insurance.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I need to see if I'd still be covered for healthcare if I moved back to the UK.

Vague chance Murica or the UK might still be a functioning society in 20 years if the planet is still hospitable.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You can be a baller, but a $50k/yr hobby can be a crusher in retirement.
You're talking about the horsie, aren't you? :D

I am well on track to retire by 60 but with a giant question mark about what medical costs would be prior to medicare kicking in. Actually really only need to work my real job for another few years then just need to find something for the health insurance.
That's where we are... real job until the kids are done with college, then something that provides benefits and is more... "fun."

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Unfortunately there's a high probability that job as a Walmart greeter requires you to interact with "people".
I could see myself work in a small family owned hardware store if my contract jobs are ever moved to India or something...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Unfortunately there's a high probability that job as a Walmart greeter requires you to interact with "people".
Ya have to get the back store shelf stocking job at Wallymart. I worked there for a months in college and quickly discovered that I could just walk around for my entire shift and not actually do any work.

It was the type of place where they didn't even realize, call or question when I just stopped showing up for work. They called a month later asking where I was...

But either way, 12/10 would not work there again.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I am well on track to retire by 60 but with a giant question mark about what medical costs would be prior to medicare kicking in.
If you find a magic answer to this, send it my way. Same plan in place here with the same issue as a roadblock.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You can do COBRA for 18 months after retirement. So keep your existing but you pay 103% of the actual, non-suplemented by employer cost. Then go to the Exchange for the next 3.5 years. Assume $12k/yr for healthcare on the platinum plan for two people. Solution there is to max your HSA and invest now, pay for HC out of pocket now, then use that money - not-taxed - for HC then.