Quantcast

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah unfortunately England is increasingly turning to shit in many ways. Bojo and co are still trying to stealth privatise the NHS, and society itself isn’t looking so hot. They are moving the right way on the climate though, in a classic slightly half-assed English way. The bike lane roll out is the best metaphor for their progress imo. Sometimes they just stop and dump you in traffic.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Was shocked at the number of people in the USA that were not wearing masks. Many workers in shops were not wearing. In the 2 places I went inside, no customers were masked. One worker that was masked, pulled their masks out/down to speak. I don’t get it. Very different masking behaviour in montreal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
University of Washington IHME believes that actual covid cases are currently about 6 times higher than what is being reported and we should be right about near the peak of this bullshit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was shocked at the number of people in the USA that were not wearing masks. Many workers in shops were not wearing. In the 2 places I went inside, no customers were masked. One worker that was masked, pulled their masks out/down to speak. I don’t get it. Very different masking behaviour in montreal.
what you saw was Freedumb™ in action

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We pretty much have had 100% mask compliance since Delta showed up in my neck of the woods. Now just going to the opposite corner of the same county and things will be a lot different.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Small family owned hardware stores exist?? I thought Home Depot killed those years ago.
I have one just around the corner. But living in a city few people know how to do anything for themselves so it is as much of a housewares store than hardware. I have literally seen people ask how to use a screwdriver.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
We pretty much have had 100% mask compliance since Delta showed up in my neck of the woods. Now just going to the opposite corner of the same county and things will be a lot different.
Interesting. This was new york and pennsylvania fwiw.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I didn't tell anyone. I didn't see anyone but family. Don't feel bad :)
Also, you're on the other side of the state iirc (east).
Psh you know me from ridemonkey, that's basically family.

And yes I'm out east. Although my parents still live outside Pittsburgh where I grew up.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Psh you know me from ridemonkey, that's basically family.

And yes I'm out east. Although my parents still live outside Pittsburgh where I grew up.
I hit southpark bmx with the kids + sister for a few laps. Was too wet... still fun with a few instances of air time. Kids got their fix.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If you find a magic answer to this, send it my way. Same plan in place here with the same issue as a roadblock.
You married? If not look into marrying a teacher. My wife gets lifetime benefits for both of us, I do have to pay for mine, a whole $25/month, but hers are free till we’re dead, medical vision and dental. She just has to make it to 25 years, but she started teaching at 21, so assuming she can work all the way into her late 40s we’re dialed. Mite even score a golden handshake when she retires.

Not a feasible plan for everyone, and you have to live somewhere that actually pays teachers well, so places like the South, most of the west, large swaths of the north and almost the entire East are out.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
You married? If not look into marrying a teacher. My wife gets lifetime benefits for both of us, I do have to pay for mine, a whole $25/month, but hers are free till we’re dead, medical vision and dental. She just has to make it to 25 years, but she started teaching at 21, so assuming she can work all the way into her late 40s we’re dialed. Mite even score a golden handshake when she retires.

Not a feasible plan for everyone, and you have to live somewhere that actually pays teachers well, so places like the South, most of the west, large swaths of the north and almost the entire East are out.
Married, kid, the works (and happy about it). I have to say though you have a solid plan. My MIL was a teacher in CA and if I remember correctly retired with great benefits like you're talking about. Don't they vary by county to some extent? It seems like when I lived in the VC I heard they were great but other areas maybe not as great (but still very good)?

I guess it's irrelevant for my master plan as I live in the South now LOL.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Married, kid, the works (and happy about it). I have to say though you have a solid plan. My MIL was a teacher in CA and if I remember correctly retired with great benefits like you're talking about. Don't they vary by county to some extent? It seems like when I lived in the VC I heard they were great but other areas maybe not as great (but still very good)?

I guess it's irrelevant for my master plan as I live in the South now LOL.
Yeah each district has their own pay structure and benefits, but all of them are pretty good out here because you can pay shit with crap benefits when the district 5 minutes away has a pay scale that runs into 6 digits.

Now, to keep this related to the thread topic, my wife currently has 4 of 11 teachers in her department out with teh Vid, and about 30% of the student body. The State’s solution is to buy ever student 2 rapid tests, to be delivered some time in the next few months, because that’ll solve it SMH.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
We've been pre-retired for the past 15 years. Gave us plenty of time to adjust to living with a small income. Once we get our SS we might end up with more money than now. Of course, no kids.
As far as you know...

Bitcoin, Telsa shares, and selling all my used bike parts... I'll be retiring in 17 months.

Shit. Forgot about the kids...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Yeah each district has their own pay structure and benefits, but all of them are pretty good out here because you can pay shit with crap benefits when the district 5 minutes away has a pay scale that runs into 6 digits.

Now, to keep this related to the thread topic, my wife currently has 4 of 11 teachers in her department out with teh Vid, and about 30% of the student body. The State’s solution is to buy ever student 2 rapid tests, to be delivered some time in the next few months, because that’ll solve it SMH.
The ‘vid is real here too but apparently if you just ignore everything and have no real restrictions it just goes away.

….excuse me, I have to go. Might be another notification from the school.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Results are back! Only Wifey has it. :rofl: I mean, it's not funny, but the fact we kept Haley home because of symptoms, and it's Wifey.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I'm gonna be like my uncle. After his wife died rather that let his money grubbing daughter grab all his money he put half into a fund for his son (TBI and needs help) and the rest he spent on Cigars, loose women and whiskey. His last act in life was to reach out and grab a young nurses ass while he was having a heart attack, he smiled then flat lined at age 92