Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For a place where a large population vote against mask mandates and masks in schools, there sure seems to be a lot of demand for cough medicine and ventilators...
IMG_20220112_191958_01.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
For a place where a large population vote against mask mandates and masks in schools, there sure seems to be a lot of demand for cough medicine and ventilators...
View attachment 170246

Looks the same here with a population that has happily accepted vaccines and masks. For two years we had some of the lowest case rates for a metro area then a 2300% increase in cases since the end of November. Omicron is a freight train, you can slow it down but you aren't going to stop it.

The good news is that if this projection is correct we are close to the end of this.
1642052903389.png

The bad news is that hospitals are already near capacity and shit is gonna get a lot worse

1642053040883.png

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Our former apprentice is supposedly going to take us to court over unfair dismissal because he wouldn't get an exemption note from a doctor.
He was allowed to take all his sick leave and when that ran out he didn't contact work for three months, guess he got a bit shitty when he was told his apprenticeship had been canceled........

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We should have an RM Covid Tontine. Everyone chips in $10, last person to have not gotten covid wins the pot.
the fact that given my line of work that I haven't gotten it yet is freaking amazing
I suspect my daughter had it way back in Nov 2020, but so far neither the wife or myself have had it. Or at least, no reason to believe that we've had it, and I find that pretty amazing as well given both of our lines of work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so my wife managed to get an appointment to get our kids their second shot on Sunday, two weeks earlier than their original appointment. They go back to school in-person on Monday, so timing is good. I know it takes a couple of weeks for the antibodies to fully develop, but it's better than nothing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So that new conservative school board that ran on "parents choice" for masks and no remote learning? Failed already. Rolling 20% of teaching staff are out daily with COVID. 16% of classrooms are not staffed with a sub. Plans are being put in place for remote learning. Can't wait for the Karen's to come out about how little Billy isn't getting the social interaction he needs.

If only there was a way to help reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses... Fucking idiots.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So that new conservative school board that ran on "parents choice" for masks and no remote learning? Failed already. Rolling 20% of teaching staff are out daily with COVID. 16% of classrooms are not staffed with a sub. Plans are being put in place for remote learning. Can't wait for the Karen's to come out about how little Billy isn't getting the social interaction he needs.

If only there was a way to help reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses... Fucking idiots.
psh. there's a school in a nearby county that its so bad they don't even have enough staff to cover remote learning. they just outright canceled classes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

We were warned recently that staff shortages could result in specific school closures... our district has a mask rule, though, so I'm hoping that perhaps we'll dodge the multiple bullets flying around right now. :panic:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Honestly I'm surprised he made it this long. I figured a coronary rather than Covid. I transported this guy in a Bariatric Ambulance back in 2014. He maxed our bariatric power gurney which was rated for 800 pounds. He was at 400 when covid got him and his mom. I think I transported him a total of 6 times. Bye Robert
pic is from 2014 news interview in his Living room, he was 740 pounds back then

Attachments