Quantcast

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Vermont schools are giving up on contact tracing, saying staff is overwhelmed.
They did that a while ago in my county citing the same reason. As far as I can tell, there really are no preventative measures in place at all other than sending out an email stating "X amount of students tested positive, the parents of those exposed have already been called".

That's hardly preventative.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Certain areas seem to have plateaued. Which seems unusual as Omicron seems more like a spike and drop kind of thing. Perhaps just reached testing capacity.

1642177315675.png

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Seriously, some really great posts here.

Don't flame me too hard. The wife works in healthcare. She performs anesthesia for mostly out-patient type surgeries. But she does have to work on ER cases, and has the ability to look at charts. That being said:

GSW (gun shot wound) - Died of Covid.
Auto Accident - Died of Covid.
Heart Attack - Died of Covid.
Diabetes - Died of Covid.

Why? Her guess is to follow the money. Hospitals are getting paid more for Covid related incidents than anything else.

I'm not really one to dig into this, so please go easy. I'm just saying what the wife is saying to me. I don't have a dog in this fight, except for when it comes to her job as it helps pay for my bikes :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This is first hand from your wife? And she's reading random peoples' death summaries? That's a huge privacy violation if true.

Second, hospitals in the US get paid for inpatient admissions via diagnosis related groups usually. COVID will cause the reimbursement to rise slightly. But COVID patients also take much more resources. Hospitals are not making money from this.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is first hand from your wife? And she's reading random peoples' death summaries? That's a huge privacy violation if true.

Second, hospitals in the US get paid for inpatient admissions via diagnosis related groups usually. COVID will cause the reimbursement to rise slightly. But COVID patients also take much more resources. Hospitals are not making money from this.
also, "comorbidities"

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
If you're working on the case you should know you can read the chart. There are no details she is giving me that violates any privacy. I don't know who/where/when/anything.

As for money. Of course no one is going to admit anything. Just wanted to give some different perspective than what dominates this thread. Of course all you guys are going to argue against it. :) It wouldn't be RM without it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
jUsT aSkINg qUeStIoNs!

Don't flame me too hard. The wife works in healthcare. She performs anesthesia for mostly out-patient type surgeries. But she does have to work on ER cases, and has the ability to look at charts. That being said:

Why? Her guess is to follow the money. Hospitals are getting paid more for Covid related incidents than anything else.

I'm not really one to dig into this, so please go easy. I'm just saying what the wife is saying to me. I don't have a dog in this fight, except for when it comes to her job as it helps pay for my bikes :D
Oh cool we're back at the spring of 2020 "hospitals make more money if they call it covid" phase of things

Yeah I mean it's not like there's any possible way to look at actual data and deaths above historical rates or anything. It's not like covid is actually ripping through the population with pretty much ALL of us aware of several recent cases among friends, coworkers and associates.

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Vermont schools are giving up on contact tracing, saying staff is overwhelmed.
My Sister teaches at South Burlington High. She's fed up with the lack of leadership or critical thinking from the district. As it is, the only Covid safeguard they've deployed throughout this is an app questionnaire student and staff fill everyday.

Meanwhile I'm in MA, I get weekly emails about cases throughout the district and we have an in school testing program with protocols in order to try to maintain in school teaching.

VT does a number of things well, but it wasn't like their contact tracing and protocols were well planned or effective from what I've heard from the sis

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If you're working on the case you should know you can read the chart. There are no details she is giving me that violates any privacy. I don't know who/where/when/anything.

As for money. Of course no one is going to admit anything. Just wanted to give some different perspective than what dominates this thread. Of course all you guys are going to argue against it. :) It wouldn't be RM without it.
Ask your wife who gets to review those charts. Maybe someone who would be responsible for determining whether or not deaths were covid related or some other cause? I mean certainly there's no review of this kind of thing, with blatant fraud just hanging there on the clipboard for everyone to see......

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Your wife should know hospitals make most of their profit from "elective surgeries" which are not happening now.

That, plus PPE plus increased labor costs due to traveling nurses and labor shortages is why they've been hemmoraging money the last two years

#tiny violin

If the data is off it's more likely under counted...

This study suggests 3.5x as many deaths globally due to Covid than currently assigned with 95% confidence interval

ETA: if we're using anecdotal data points of 1, the Red states (Florida) are trying to minimize the pandemic by undercounting Covid deaths, despite what you hear on the book of faces / Faux

ETA2: the salient graf from the tl;dr

These data make clear that covid-19 has led to the deaths of far more people than official statistics suggest (see our briefing). Measured by excess deaths as a share of population, many of the world’s hardest-hit countries are in Latin America. Although Russia’s official death tally suggests that it has protected its citizens tolerably well, its numbers on total mortality imply that it has in fact been hit quite hard by covid-19. Similarly, we estimate that India’s death toll is actually in the millions, rather than the hundreds of thousands. At the other end of the table, a handful of countries have actually had fewer people die during the pandemic than in previous years.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Dude.

Be assured that this is horseshit and just the usual right-wing nonsense.

You should definitely stop now, though - 'cause this is the only "go easy" warning you're gonna get.

:D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't even have spidey senses

Who spreads this fake covid death for profit stuff? Noted credible people

the name of the damn youtube video is Perspectives on the Pandemic
https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/refuted-conspiracy-theories-about-coronavirus-treatment-elmhurst-hospital-find

That's almost 2 years ago......

Nonsense without proof and that kinda falls apart with about 20 seconds of contemplation is not a perspective. It's nonsense.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yeah, good questions. This is the internet, maybe we should go ride instead :)

Did you know ebikes go better in the snow? Also horseshit :D

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Interesting, but look while I know there's a kink out there for everything.... Who rides their bike in horseshit???
Have you ridden in CO? Definitely reinforces the "Look ahead" mantra!

Better horseshit than dogshit. Have you seen the latest BernardKerr vlog? LMAO

Also: Nice one, DaveW

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This was yesterday:

The school districts here are getting hammered. My wifes school is also barely keeping up, and the teachers who are making it in are being worked like rented mules. It's unsustainable. We both can't wait until she also quits. An entire generations worth of teachers are being ground to a fine dust, and all our kids are going to suffer because of it. I can't imagine what health care must be like.

My last day at work this week 1/4 of all flights in/out of the Springs were canceled. All "manpower" shortages.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Interesting, but look while I know there's a kink out there for everything.... Who rides their bike in horseshit???
When I was 10 my best friend and I would ride Honda 50s in his grandfather’s cow pasture. We’d kick cow pies at each other.

Grayson Highlands, where I go backpacking, has a lot of wild ponies, cows and long horn steer. So I’ve hiked in pony poop.

Does that count ?