Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't even have spidey senses

Who spreads this fake covid death for profit stuff? Noted credible people

the name of the damn youtube video is Perspectives on the Pandemic
https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/refuted-conspiracy-theories-about-coronavirus-treatment-elmhurst-hospital-find

That's almost 2 years ago......

Nonsense without proof and that kinda falls apart with about 20 seconds of contemplation is not a perspective. It's nonsense.
hey, they should at least be glad they have kits with which to test. some hospitals / ERs are having to ration them.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This was yesterday:

The school districts here are getting hammered. My wifes school is also barely keeping up, and the teachers who are making it in are being worked like rented mules. It's unsustainable. We both can't wait until she also quits. An entire generations worth of teachers are being ground to a fine dust, and all our kids are going to suffer because of it. I can't imagine what health care must be like.

My last day at work this week 1/4 of all flights in/out of the Springs were canceled. All "manpower" shortages.
PERA for this generation will be forced to work to 65 to get full pension. Shit pay, treated like shit, and you still have to work to normal retirement age? Good luck finding teachers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not sure if I have a case of Omichondria or the real thing. For two days have had symptoms of a minor head cold, with minor headache, fatigue, a bit of queasiness and a temperature 1 degree higher than normal. Have no where to go so just going to lay low and get food delivered.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Not sure if I have a case of Omichondria or the real thing. For two days have had symptoms of a minor head cold, with minor headache, fatigue, a bit of queasiness and a temperature 1 degree higher than normal. Have no where to go so just going to lay low and get food delivered.
Half the world is going to get covid in the next few weeks, if they already hadnt.
Mexico (and most of latam) look like this. At this rate, Covid will run out of hosts in 2 weeks.
1642308174153.png

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Seriously, some really great posts here.

Don't flame me too hard. The wife works in healthcare. She performs anesthesia for mostly out-patient type surgeries. But she does have to work on ER cases, and has the ability to look at charts. That being said:

GSW (gun shot wound) - Died of Covid.
Auto Accident - Died of Covid.
Heart Attack - Died of Covid.
Diabetes - Died of Covid.

Why? Her guess is to follow the money. Hospitals are getting paid more for Covid related incidents than anything else.

I'm not really one to dig into this, so please go easy. I'm just saying what the wife is saying to me. I don't have a dog in this fight, except for when it comes to her job as it helps pay for my bikes :D
We've had quite a few C19 patients in my unit that came in for something else. They end up worsening, and in the ICU.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got back from the vaccination clinic for my boys. Youngest (9) was done in under 2 minutes. Oldest (11) hemmed and hawed, and fucked around for an hour. And still didn't get the jab. Ffs. To say nerves are raw at home right now is an understatement.

The nurses suggested we take him to the children's hospital where they could give him something to calm him down. What's really annoying is that this would be the third shot he's received this year; he's already had three flu shots and his first COVID shot. I can tell her wants to get it, he's just paralyzed by fear.i don't know what you do.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just got back from the vaccination clinic for my boys. Youngest (9) was done in under 2 minutes. Oldest (11) hemmed and hawed, and fucked around for an hour. And still didn't get the jab. Ffs. To say nerves are raw at home right now is an understatement.

The nurses suggested we take him to the children's hospital where they could give him something to calm him down. What's really annoying is that this would be the third shot he's received this year; he's already had three flu shots and his first COVID shot. I can tell her wants to get it, he's just paralyzed by fear.i don't know what you do.
Give him a tablet or something to play with while he gets it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Give him a tablet or something to play with while he gets it.
Tried that. Didn't work :-(

I figure at the hospital they'll give him whatever it is the dentist gives him to sedate him enough to stick needles in his gums. It's some sort of orange flavored drink.

Meanwhile I've been pondering the ethics of making pot cookies. I think that's a big no no though!

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

I figure at the hospital they'll give him whatever it is the dentist gives him to sedate him enough to stick needles in his gums. It's some sort of orange flavored drink.

Meanwhile I've been pondering the ethics of making pot cookies. I think that's a big no no though!
If it were me,I’d give um some sleepy time tea,but make it cold. This post however,made me think of a story I caught the tail end of going out the door to work. Two men from OR have found a chemical in Pot that stop’s Covid from attacking or cell’s. Have any of you heard about this?
Avy

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The chemical is CBDA, you need to eat the weed to get it, maybe vape it at low temp, not sure on that, defo not smoke it. Also you can get it from hemp probably. I think you can buy it as an oil in the US.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

So the hospital called back to give us an appointment. But we have to bring our own drugz (you'd think the hospital would have this covered :confused:). Called the Doc, and it they will send a script for lorazepam to our pharmacy... this seems more complicated than it needs to be.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
The chemical is CBDA, you need to eat the weed to get it, maybe vape it at low temp, not sure on that, defo not smoke it. Also you can get it from hemp probably. I think you can buy it as an oil in the US.
Well,I don’t eat it myself,but I can start right away. I watch a T V cooking show on “Vice”. Great show if you are into eating pot with proper fixin’s. Eating Good Pot is a different Beast than Smokin it. I have couple of buddies that do only that, making co co puffs,fred flinstone,etc.

I made a mistake and took a huge bite out of the flinstone. I am a old dog with this matter, I thought,just a stupid little treat,I’ll be fine. Feken Fek,I spent the next Hour and Half on the toilet with the Spins. Spinning,around and around I went. My Wife Laughing at me the Whole time. He Told me to take a small bite,I did not listen. I mean,it ain’t Acid? Well,that will teach me. I have eatin it 5 or 6 times? Every time it was a Stonger more powerful of a Beast. Take Caution. I have some now to show,but that is a no no,no?
Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If it were me,I’d give um some sleepy time tea,but make it cold. This post however,made me think of a story I caught the tail end of going out the door to work. Two men from OR have found a chemical in Pot that stop’s Covid from attacking or cell’s. Have any of you heard about this?
Avy
I'd take this one with a grain of salt. People have been claiming pot cures everything for ages with highly suspicious evidence.

"THC kills cancer cell" Yes, if you put pure THC on a cancer cell it will kill it, and regular cells too. Just like salt, sugar, alcohol etc.

"Covid can't enter cells encased in bong tar"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So the hospital called back to give us an appointment. But we have to bring our own drugz (you'd think the hospital would have this covered :confused:). Called the Doc, and it they will send a script for lorazepam to our pharmacy... this seems more complicated than it needs to be.
It is:
  • Take kid to clinic
  • Hold kid while he kicks and screams and they give him his shot
  • Prepare yourself to be blamed when kid is in therapy 30 years from now for being a bastard
:D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'd take this one with a grain of salt. People have been claiming pot cures everything for ages with highly suspicious evidence.

"THC kills cancer cell" Yes, if you put pure THC on a cancer cell it will kill it, and regular cells too. Just like salt, sugar, alcohol etc.

This. People should use cannabis because they like getting high. There's no reason to make up shit to use it any more...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It is:
  • Take kid to clinic
  • Hold kid while he kicks and screams and they give him his shot
  • Prepare yourself to be blamed when kid is in therapy 30 years from now for being a bastard
:D
When I was a kid, we were group-vaccinated in school - roll up your sleeve in front of everyone, no exceptions. Peer pressure works wonders. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This. People should use cannabis because they like getting high. There's no reason to make up shit to use it any more...
Well there are some medical uses for it as demonstrated via actual scientific rigor such as glaucoma. There has also been decades of fake dude-bro stoner uses via stoner science. Now there is a shit ton of commercial CBD products that is cashing out on that philosophy. I should market a CBD infused magnetic copper bracelet with healing crystals.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Westy is right. The study was in vitro, not in vivo. However the mechanism (I’m not a doctor) looks legit, and more importantly it seems like it couldn’t hurt, unlike ivermectin or whatever. To be clear, @Avy et al, these compounds are destroyed by heating the plant. That is why it needs to eatern raw or obtained as an oil. As I said, in the US you can actually buy CBDA oil in bottle.

Try it nao?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I was a kid, we were group-vaccinated in school - roll up your sleeve in front of everyone, no exceptions. Peer pressure works wonders. :D

There was a measles breakout my freshman year in High School. One day everyone got lined up in the gym and jabbed in the arm. There were no cries of FREEDUMB!, no one caught autism or became magnetic. Jesus didn't rise up and strike anyone dead.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
There was a measles breakout my freshman year in High School. One day everyone got lined up in the gym and jabbed in the arm. There were no cries of FREEDUMB!, no one caught autism or became magnetic. Jesus didn't rise up and strike anyone dead.
I kinda wish they'd done this here. I totally agree, at 11, peer pressure plays a real role. And I think my son if pretty susceptible to it.