Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd take this one with a grain of salt. People have been claiming pot cures everything for ages with highly suspicious evidence.

"THC kills cancer cell" Yes, if you put pure THC on a cancer cell it will kill it, and regular cells too. Just like salt, sugar, alcohol etc.

"Covid can't enter cells encased in bong tar"
this is the same kind of shit that led to horse paste use, extrapolating way beyond what's supported by in vitro data

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
This canna-chemist has the 411:

the tl;dw is as has already been suggested:

Edible THC-A (i.e hemp more so the THC laden flowers) at a dosage that is likely unobtanium* to mortals...

ETA (via a Reddit corollary thread)

You would need to consume over 60 grams of pure CBDA (0.024 mg per ml * 2520 liters * 1000 ml per liter) to reach the concentration that the paper claims reduces COVID infections by half. Even a high CBDA strain of weed is only around 8% CBDA, so you’re looking at having to somehow consume 750 grams (23 ounces, or 1.5 pounds) of raw flower to reach the levels described in the paper. And remember, you won’t get high because the process that makes weed get you high (heating it up by cooking or smoking) also destroys CBDA and CBGA.

Challenge accepted, where's @TN* when you need him...

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
this is the same kind of shit that led to horse paste use, extrapolating way beyond what's supported by in vitro data
OK Toshi,so it is not supported by vitro data,I understand where you are coming from. However,can you take another look at it? I don’t think these guys are out to scam on Covid? This Pot Matter that is does this and that is because the Fed’s closed the door on it. It Helps million‘s of people For many reasons. Eyes,Joint Pain,Cancer,so they can fucking eat Toshi. I just want a Open Mind is all,you do not seem hopeful for Pot?
Avy

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When I was a kid, we were group-vaccinated in school - roll up your sleeve in front of everyone, no exceptions. Peer pressure works wonders. :D
Yup, I remember that gun they used. Looked more like an industrial livestock tool than a medical devise. And a lot of kids had scars from it. Lol, that would never happen now in Freedumland.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Westy is right. The study was in vitro, not in vivo. However the mechanism (I’m not a doctor) looks legit, and more importantly it seems like it couldn’t hurt, unlike ivermectin or whatever.
Isn't exactly the same situation as Ivermectin? Seems to work invitro, no shown efficacy in actual humans, otherwise basically safe, just likely ineffective.

That actually seemed to be the flashpoint for the whole Ivermectin conspiracy theory, for unknown reasons it was suddenly being called a dangerous drug, even though billions of doses have previously been administered. The whole people ODing on horse-paste thing was a complete fabrication, and further fueled the "Big Pharma doesn't want you to know about Ivermectin" conspiracy. Had they just come out and said "Hey guys, we studied it, that shit doesn't help" it probably would have lost momentum right then and there.

RE pot and Covid, Joe Rogan got covid, I'd say that's pretty damning evidence that no amount of weed can prevent covid.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Isn't exactly the same situation as Ivermectin? Seems to work invitro, no shown efficacy in actual humans, otherwise basically safe, just likely ineffective.

That actually seemed to be the flashpoint for the whole Ivermectin conspiracy theory, for unknown reasons it was suddenly being called a dangerous drug, even though billions of doses have previously been administered. The whole people ODing on horse-paste thing was a complete fabrication, and further fueled the "Big Pharma doesn't want you to know about Ivermectin" conspiracy. Had they just come out and said "Hey guys, we studied it, that shit doesn't help" it probably would have lost momentum right then and there.

RE pot and Covid, Joe Rogan got covid, I'd say that's pretty damning evidence that no amount of weed can prevent covid.
If I understand correctly, OD’ing on ivermectin will shread your insides, but — well actually you don’t seem to be able to OD on CDBA oil. You’ll just piss/shit out the metabolites. Like drinking a whole load of olive oil.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
This canna-chemist has the 411:

the tl;dw is as has already been suggested:

Edible THC-A (i.e hemp more so the THC laden flowers) at a dosage that is likely unobtanium* to mortals...

ETA (via a Reddit corollary thread)

You would need to consume over 60 grams of pure CBDA (0.024 mg per ml * 2520 liters * 1000 ml per liter) to reach the concentration that the paper claims reduces COVID infections by half. Even a high CBDA strain of weed is only around 8% CBDA, so you’re looking at having to somehow consume 750 grams (23 ounces, or 1.5 pounds) of raw flower to reach the levels described in the paper. And remember, you won’t get high because the process that makes weed get you high (heating it up by cooking or smoking) also destroys CBDA and CBGA.

Challenge accepted, where's @TN* when you need him...
It would be expensive. $100 for 500mg as an oil.

So yeah. The vaccines are, have been, will be, the sensible thing.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
There was a measles breakout my freshman year in High School. One day everyone got lined up in the gym and jabbed in the arm. There were no cries of FREEDUMB!, no one caught autism or became magnetic. Jesus didn't rise up and strike anyone dead.
How many became gay? Or frogs? Or gay frogs?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Hope you're feeling better!
Feeling better. Not 100%, but so much better than last night. Interesting how quick that came on, whereas previous reactions came a day after the shot. Was moderna this time, vs. pfizer previously.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Thanks a fuckin’ lot, Dejoy.
These can only be sent to physical addresses…we don’t have street delivery, just PO boxes here.
Bunch of bullshit.
Maybe they don’t want potentially positive people going to the P.O.?
I just want some on hand.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Thanks a fuckin’ lot, Dejoy.
These can only be sent to physical addresses…we don’t have street delivery, just PO boxes here.
Bunch of bullshit.
Maybe they don’t want potentially positive people going to the P.O.?
I just want some on hand.
I ordered some (10) from WalMart back in December and just ordered the 4 free ones and suspect my wife will grab four more from our rental during the remodel, so happy to share the 'wealth' the next time we meet up...

Just remind me ;)

ETA: Or I could put them in the mail if you have another outbreak in the casa de RideIt...

Last edited: