Quantcast

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
All of these. The best way to "get back to normal" is to get everyone vaccinated. It really is that simple.
I was thinking of it somewhat in terms of the Vital thread and France's policy (as well as the Australian Open business). Does an unvaccinated person coming into your country pose a greater risk than a vaccinated one? Seems like a pretty clear "yes" because:

-Greater chance of transmitting/getting COVID, even if the quantifiable risk isn't quite as clear as it was when we started the vaccine rollout
-Greater chance of winding up in the hospital in that country and draining resources
-Undermining messaging about the importance of vaccines within that country, which I think was part of the Djokovic case

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was thinking of it somewhat in terms of the Vital thread and France's policy (as well as the Australian Open business). Does an unvaccinated person coming into your country pose a greater risk than a vaccinated one? Seems like a pretty clear "yes" because:

-Greater chance of transmitting/getting COVID, even if the quantifiable risk isn't quite as clear as it was when we started the vaccine rollout
-Greater chance of winding up in the hospital in that country and draining resources
-Undermining messaging about the importance of vaccines within that country, which I think was part of the Djokovic case

also you usually don't want to invite selfish dickholes into your country.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
My only concern is that I have a pre-existing condition requiring expensive medication. Back in 2009 I considered starting my own business but getting my own health insurance was cost prohibitive, as in more than my actual corporate salary. Perhaps with ACA it would not be such an issue.
The ACA plans have to cover preexisting conditions with no rate up. As far as the medicine,
your best bet there is to get on a plan with a low out of pocket maximum. Then they will pay
100% after that with no limit even on drugs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The ACA plans have to cover preexisting conditions with no rate up. As far as the medicine,
your best bet there is to get on a plan with a low out of pocket maximum. Then they will pay
100% after that with no limit even on drugs.

Good to know. Have about 7 years before I can start to consider fucking off full time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
love that the guy in question is from florida.

I hope France sticks to their guns and these loser bikers have to flunk their season because of their love of donald trump.

tour de france should be similarly interesting, but I imagine they'll all be vaxxed because it's the premier race of the year. wonder what EPO does to mRNA though?

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
love that the guy in question is from florida.

I hope France sticks to their guns and these loser bikers have to flunk their season because of their love of donald trump.

tour de france should be similarly interesting, but I imagine they'll all be vaxxed because it's the premier race of the year. wonder what EPO does to mRNA though?
Early today had read the first posts, seen the first reactions. Had no idea it'd turned into an open sewer until checking up on this thread. I was unable to comprehend the first page well before seeing prompts for the next two.

Daycare for maladjusted adults, at best.

download.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
aaaaand bizutch has entered the chat.

I assume you are talking about the Vital thread?

What is funny is if you look at old RM thread there were a ton of knuckledraggers, trolls and morons (like bizutch). They all seemed to fade away. Well except for all the sociopaths in the Virginia/mid atlantic forum who got banned.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BLT ASAP PDQ

(w/BBQ)

We have an acronym library at work because the best way to passive aggressively way to swing dick is to use acronyms other people don't understand. There was an existing one for Severe Wind And Moisture Problems (SWAMP) I made a new entry for Severe Wind And Moisture Problems Affecting Structural Stability.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I tap my arm for a vein before I take a Bong hit. Just to keep in practice. Inflation can only be measured by the cost of a 6pack of Miller Talls. For good measure. its less than $5 so we are good...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
also you usually don't want to invite selfish dickholes into your country.
We are trying to keep Kelly Slater out at the moment, unless he gets the needle.
Australia has also become the West Vs the rest, they have told the other states and territories to stay the eff out, it's awesome! Their state has only 7 new cases today and they are running a profit unlike most of the country.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Actual question relating to COVID vaccination.

At this point with the Omicron variant, it doesn't appear as though vaccination has any significant impact on transmissibility. With the "early" variant/variants the data suggested something like an 80-90% reduction in probability of getting the virus. I haven't been able to find any updated statistics for Omicron (in fairness I haven't looked much). With that in mind, what are the vaccination requirements, both for a country like France but also for admission into a restaurant etc, focused on? The protection against hospitalization/death is pretty good justification for getting the vaccine and I can see the push for it in that regard because people dying is generally a bad thing. But are we past the point of "get vaccinated to protect others"? Mitigation against further variants?

(To be clear, I'm vaccinated/boosted and will gladly sign up for another if/when available).
Massive infection leads to collapsed healthcare systems.
Not only for covid patients.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Massive infection leads to collapsed healthcare systems.
Not only for covid patients.
And shortages in work force.
The businesses that now complain about the restrictions are the same that would complain about a high sick-leave rate of their workers if we would the virus just roam.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It appears the COVID got Meatloaf. It also appears Meatloaf may have been a bit of a nutter.

His name was "get fucked, moron".

Just went back to that thread, and ooof, has he gotten way out there.
As opposed to how he was before?