Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
After errands decided to stop for what will likely be my last draft pint for the foreseeable future. 4 people here including myself and the bartender, who I made sure received a substantial tip for her efforts.

View attachment 142039
i was pleasantly surprised there were people at the bbq place i went to.....nowhere near the usual amount for a sunday afternoon.....but better than empty....waitress balked at tip but i said it was extra for the cheap fucks who never do....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How are you feeling?
Same as the last few days, slight shortness of breath with any minor exertion. Really want to go for a little ride, but don't want to fuckup my lungs if there is anything nasty going on in there.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Same as the last few days, slight shortness of breath with any minor exertion. Really want to go for a little ride, but don't want to fuckup my lungs if there is anything nasty going on in there.
I can't speak to the efficacy of this "inhanced interrogation technique / water torture" re: CV19 but I do notice that I emerge quicker from common colds, the flu and seasonal allergies (which I never had as a youth... fucking getting old sucks) when I use nasal irrigation stuff like this* a few times a day:

1584298559260.png

* You should use boiled / distilled if your water contains the brain eating amoebas a la North Cakalacky pig farm water...

ETA: It's interesting to watch the quantity and color of the discharge change as you work your way from cold -> sinusitis -> healthy...

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BOOOOOO lame. My tank ran out two days ago but you are right that I should have timed that better so it would have ran out a week ago. Fortunately I keep a full second tank,
Be thankful I only did 2. Guy in front of me swapped 4.

I keep 4 on hand, and try to rotate so I always have at least 1 spare full. Being winter I grill less so haven't been staying up on it and only the tank on the grill wasn't empty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

I hope this company gets sued into Oblivion by a family whose senior member died after flying and they have an email chain proving he flew because they said it was safe.
Google search for "Flying disease monkey" was disappointing, to say the least.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Has anyone brought up the likelihood of transmission via public toilets?
was thinking about that while sitting on the throne.
poseidon’s Kiss, anyone?

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
  • 68 percent of Democratic voters are worried that an immediate family member might catch the coronavirus, compared with just 40 percent of Republicans.
  • 56 percent of Democrats believe their day-to-day lives will change in a major way in the future, versus only 26 percent of Republicans.
  • 79 percent of Democrats say that the worst is yet to come, versus just 40 percent of Republicans.
  • 61 percent of Democratic respondents say they’ve stopped or plan to stop attending large public gatherings to just 30 percent of Republicans.
  • 47 percent of Democrats say they’ve canceled or plan to cancel travel to just 23 percent of Republicans.
  • 36 percent of Democrats say they’ve stopped or plan to stop eating out at restaurants to only 12 percent of Republicans.
I just...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Has anyone brought up the likelihood of transmission via public toilets?
was thinking about that while sitting on the throne.
poseidon’s Kiss, anyone?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239039704181493761

#CrosspostDarwinThread
#That'snothowitworksThat'snothowanyofthisworks

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I just...
This should come as no surprise to you, given that the Republican party and its subscribers have abandoned their belief in science and experts in the science fields. It is the inevitable conclusion of 25 years of denial and propaganda. We shall see how it works out for them.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Note the second one re: travel out of state:
View larger photoIMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE:
Anyone who has been in Eagle, Summit, Pitkin, or Gunnison counties in the past week should minimize all contact with other people, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms.

County public health and emergency management agencies will provide more detailed guidance for residents and visitors within their communities. The general guidance from CDPHE is as follows:

If you live in Colorado and are leaving one of these communities, you should minimize contact with other people for 14 days and watch for the development of symptoms like cough, fever, and shortness of breath.

If you are visiting Colorado from out of state and do not currently have symptoms (cough, fever, and shortness of breath), you can return home and practice social distancing there.

If you have symptoms, stay where you are, isolate yourself from others, and call a health care provider or nurse line before seeking care. Do not fly. Do not use public transportation or ride-shares.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My buddy is texting me from a pub that they are laying off people on the floor as they sit there.
This is the worst US will have seen so far, IMHO.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Our med school is basically telling med students to stay home for 4 weeks. They’ll all be on a COVID-19 elective, not involved in patient care so as to minimize PPE usage.

The other big thing happening is that we are canceling elective surgery cases from today onward, confirmed via a surgeon friend. Surgeons often are also certified for ICU shifts, so this will free up relevant MDs, nurses, beds, ventilators, etc.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Our med school is basically telling med students to stay home for 4 weeks. They’ll all be on a COVID-19 elective, not involved in patient care so as to minimize PPE usage.

The other big thing happening is that we are canceling elective surgery cases from today onward, confirmed via a surgeon friend. Surgeons often are also certified for ICU shifts, so this will free up relevant MDs, nurses, beds, ventilators, etc.
I've been waiting for the call re my shoulder

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I’m out half of the fee for a condo, and 10% of the cost of child care and lessons. Not upset about that at all ultimately.
Again, could be worse I guess. I'm actually getting a bit concerned about the road trip we have planned for June.

I'm out nothing, but I can't help but think about the number of out of state plates I saw driving up the hill as we were leaving yesterday. Major Sukzors.