Quantcast

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Haven’t been paying attention to joe rogan at all, but wow. He sure is sure of himself.

Hang on, let me disagree with you. Let me restate exactly what you just said and disagree with you again. That is incorrect, let’s look this up. Oh, but for young boys. Oh, that’s not what I read. You see, where are we getting this from? Reputable scientists? Oh. Well, the issue is under reporting…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Haven’t been paying attention to joe rogan at all, but wow. He sure is sure of himself.

Hang on, let me disagree with you. Let me restate exactly what you just said and disagree with you again. That is incorrect, let’s look this up. Oh, but for young boys. Oh, that’s not what I read. You see, where are we getting this from? Reputable scientists? Oh. Well, the issue is under reporting…
"hamburgers are made of ham, which is pork"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

1642828070981.png

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
stealth omicron covid

I swear I'm not making that up. That's actually a new variant.

Also regarding meatloaf head

Unable to get a grip on what benefit come from this 2010 story featuring 2009 N1H1 Is written as though the entirely of both the 1915-19 Pandemic and 2009 Pandemic were just a sample in a Vial - no contributing factors such as personal welfare and accepting responsibility. What is going to be making the grade whenever it is VariousCorn19 and its snot nosed kids fly out the window it came in from?

A short search result was brought up yesterday, BA.2 apparently was known early December.

The New Version of the Omicron Variant Is a Sneaky Little Bastard

Never considered anything of substance within news sources such as The Daily Beast. And, still don't...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well, got my booster today. 1/2 dose Moderna.

1:20 this afternoon, now it is 8:00 and I'm not feeling Scottish.

Headache, (do you know how strange it is to have two different headaches at the same time? :disgust:) lethargic, a touch nauseous, and just feeling like crap so far. My first two doses (AZ/Moderna) I got at the same time of day and felt fine until the next day. This already feels like the AZ did which was worse than the Moderna. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be past. Wife got her booster (Moderna) a couple of weeks ago and nothing, she felt totally fine.

/coolstorybro

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We decided to postpone our third shot. Waiting for the omicron adapted booster coming in March or April. We were scheduled for mid February.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
We decided to postpone our third shot. Waiting for the omicron adapted booster coming in March or April. We were scheduled for mid February.
You say that as though we won’t have another dominant variant by then. Seems to come around every 4-6 months.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
You say that as though we won’t have another dominant variant by then. Seems to come around every 4-6 months.
I know. Probably won't make sense in the end. I remember getting flu shots a few years ago to only find out they were for the wrong strain and had barely any protective effect.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
There is some evidence that even though the booster shot is not designed for omicron, it offers a higher level of protection against it than just the two shots.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Aotearoa is doing it right! 92% vaccinated, half boosted and strict measurements to contain outbreaks.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Anecdote time, family in isolation right now.

Recently double vaccinated 17 year old, no symptoms, no positive test.

12 year old, one dose about the same time she caught it, no real symptoms but she probably was the one that brought it into the house. Shrugged it off, testing negative after a few days.

10 year old, no vaccination, tested positive, shrugged it off with barely any symptoms.

Me, one month after booster, tested positive then got a sore throat for a few days, I’ll test tomorrow/next day to see if I can go back to work on Wed.

Partner, got her booster ages ago (about 4/5 months) ‘cos ITU nurse and also had a positive in Nov 2020, she’s in the really bad cold category and is still testing positive after 7 days.

Some kinda pointless info for you ‘cos I’m so damn bored, I don’t think there’s any avoiding this one if you’ve got kids…or go anywhere/do anything, seems like someone I know is getting it every other day. FWIW when my partner had her PCR confirmed positive in Nov ‘20 no one else in the house caught it‍:doh:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
A guy that works for me has kept testing positive for the last 3 weeks, thankfully not seriously ill, but just can't seem to shake it.
PCR or Antigen? I’ve heard the PCR can show positive even after the contagious-risk has passed, and that the Antigen test is the one you should consider for ending isolation/quarantine.
Please correct me if I’m misinformed.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
PCR or Antigen? I’ve heard the PCR can show positive even after the contagious-risk has passed, and that the Antigen test is the one you should consider for ending isolation/quarantine.
Please correct me if I’m misinformed.
I would like to know this information too. With two kids in grade school, I'm sure it's a question of when not if we get it. Will be useful to know asap when we can send them back.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I would like to know this information too. With two kids in grade school, I'm sure it's a question of when not if we get it. Will be useful to know asap when we can send them back.
One source/story.

Contrary to what some still think is best, a rapid antigen test (or rapid lateral flow test) is what you should be taking after you have had Covid-19 for several days and want to confirm you're probably no longer infectious to other people. "'Infected' means that I have the virus in me," Ko explained. "'Infectious' means that I'm shedding enough virus to infect somebody else, and that only occurs during a peak. It follows a curve after someone has been exposed."

"Even though the rapid (antigen) test has low sensitivity and is inferior to the PCR test to tell you if you've been infected, because of its lower sensitivity, it picks up only viruses at a higher level and probably levels that are more infectious," Ko explained.

"At this point, we don't have an FDA-cleared test that can tell us exactly" how much virus is needed to be infectious to other people, Ko added. But evolving evidence has led public health experts to think that rapid tests do better than PCR tests at capturing when people are exiting the period of maximum infectiousness, since PCR tests are too sensitive, he said.