Quantcast

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I'm "Vaxxed". the 2 shots from Pfizer. Went into AFIB after both times. Hospitalized the first time. Need a cardioversion to get me back into rhythm. After second shot I went back into AFIB but I went back into rhythm after 8 hours. I was wearing a heart monitor at the time so the doctor saw it but I did not go to the hospital that time since I knew what it was. Never had AFIB before and have not had it since. Maybe a coincidence but who knows.
The worse part is the blood thinner for 4 weeks after. A small cut will bleed for 2 hours.
I just had covid and was sick for a day. 101.5 fever cough and slight headache. Now I have natural immunity so no booster for me.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I'm "Vaxxed". the 2 shots from Pfizer. Went into AFIB after both times. Hospitalized the first time. Need a cardioversion to get me back into rhythm. After second shot I went back into AFIB but I went back into rhythm after 8 hours. I was wearing a heart monitor at the time so the doctor saw it but I did not go to the hospital that time since I knew what it was. Never had AFIB before and have not had it since. Maybe a coincidence but who knows.
The worse part is the blood thinner for 4 weeks after. A small cut will bleed for 2 hours.
I just had covid and was sick for a day. 101.5 fever cough and slight headache. Now I have natural immunity so no booster for me.
Glad you are OK but evidence is pretty clear the ‘natural immunity’ isn’t as good as the vaccines for OG and Delta at least. Understand your hesitation though.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I am not trying to change anyone's religion but the CDC has released a new study. Watch and see that is all.
Its just a new way to divide people.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I am not trying to change anyone's religion but the CDC has released a new study. Watch and see that is all.
I've heard the same thing about the CDC, but I heard they were withholding that info for quite sometime to push vaccinations. I think that's why there's been so much pushback from the ones that have already had it. One would think natural immunity is stronger than any vaccine, but I'm no medical expert. Then again, two of my son's roommates at college (Colorado State) have had it in 2020, got vaccinated, got Delta, got the booster and still got Omicron. It doesn't hold much water to go after the unvaccinated when apparently anyone can get/give it. Just to be clear, I've had my 3 Maderna vaccines, flue shot and will get another 40 of them if necessary.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
releasing a study isn't the same thing as changing the guidance as far as recommending boosters. the study in question isn't large enough to properly assess efficacy in the total population.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It doesn't hold much water to go after the unvaccinated when apparently anyone can get/give it.
it does, because the unvaccinated are more likely to contract it, are more likely to have severe symptoms (that require hospitalization) if they do contract it, and it is more likely to be fatal. at this point its not about controlling the spread but harm reduction.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Then again, two of my son's roommates at college (Colorado State) have had it in 2020, got vaccinated, got Delta, got the booster and still got Omicron.
i have a college aged cousin in the same boat. got it, got vaxxed, got delta, got his booster. he lives with 3 other guys, they all got omicron. the one housemate that wasn't vaxxed was the one who had it the worst and is still dealing with symptoms, my cousin and the other two housemates (all vaxxed and boosted) were asymptomatic. only tested because the 4th housemate got it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I rarely go to Vital but it sounds like something happened. What did I miss (if anything)?
a lot of them seem to be migrants from PB from the outside takeover. frankly i'm surprised one of them hasn't been banned, as he's essentially indicated he wants to start shooting people over vaccine mandates.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I tried to read the Vital thread but it hurt my head.
I am vaxxed and not an anti. I had some complications from being vaxed and not have some "natural immunity" Good r bad its worth something.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I tried to read the Vital thread but it hurt my head.
yea, i've stopped checking that thread.

I am vaxxed and not an anti. I had some complications from being vaxed and not have some "natural immunity" Good r bad its worth something.
no i get that distinction. i'm just saying at this point i wouldn't forego a booster just based on that study, there's still a lot of questions that need to be answered.