Quantcast

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I am not getting it because of the side effects I had, nothing to do with the studies.
I can absolutely understand your point of view due to the issues you had. What I can't understand is people ignoring reality based on crap they read on Facebook.

EDIT: Not at all saying that's what you're doing on any level!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am not sure if my cardiologist did. I will need to ask him.
yea, AE reporting is important (it is required by federal law for pharma and med device companies). and i recognize the difference between not getting the booster due to a prior AE, and not getting vaxxed at all because someone else had an AE.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Don't go.
Ya'll warned me but I just couldn't help myself and had to take a peek. I shouldn't have done that. You have my word that I will heed your warnings from here on out. After only a couple posts I came across this gem:

"On a positive note, thus far, ChinaFlu has only killed the genetically inferior or those with a plethora of other conditions. That, for mankind, is a good thing."

Screw this guy. Without going into the horrible details, COVID killed a member of my family and it doesn't matter if he had a pre-existing condition. He's gone. I'll never get to see or talk to him again. Neither will the rest of my family.

So...this asswipe's world will be better because certain people have passed away. Mine won't.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Holy fuck that thread, who’d have thought it could go downhill even further.

In our house we’ve now got one 17 year old testing positive (took her a week of living with 4 of us infected) with no symptoms and everyone else is testing negative.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ya'll warned me but I just couldn't help myself and had to take a peek. I shouldn't have done that. You have my word that I will heed your warnings from here on out. After only a couple posts I came across this gem:

"On a positive note, thus far, ChinaFlu has only killed the genetically inferior or those with a plethora of other conditions. That, for mankind, is a good thing."
Sieg heil!

:mad:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
it does, because the unvaccinated are more likely to contract it, are more likely to have severe symptoms (that require hospitalization) if they do contract it, and it is more likely to be fatal. at this point its not about controlling the spread but harm reduction.
Yes, correct but the unvaccinated especially that are immune compromised should get it. But at the end of the day it's their choice, its not going to prevent getting it. Looking at the CDC data, only around 50K people died to date from Covid with no underlying health conditions (yes still 50K too many deaths). Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.
Screenshot (1).png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nobody is talking about people that can't get vaccinated because they're immunocompromised. we're talking about the people who *CHOSE* not to because of :insert nonsensical rationale here: and are thus putting the immunocompromised at risk unnecessarily.

edit: should also mention - many people that are immune compromised are unable to get vaccinated. i have a friend whose mother is immunocompromised and she can't even get flu shots.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes, correct but the unvaccinated especially that are immune compromised should get it. But at the end of the day it's their choice, its not going to prevent getting it. Looking at the CDC data, only around 50K people died to date from Covid with no underlying health conditions (yes still 50K too many deaths). Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.View attachment 170940
comorbidities. it's a thing.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
nobody is talking about people that can't get vaccinated because they're immunocompromised. we're talking about the people who *CHOSE* not to because Niki Minaj's brother's cousin's nuts swelled up to the size of a weather balloon and are thus putting the immunocompromised at risk unnecessarily.

edit: should also mention - many people that are immune compromised are unable to get vaccinated. i have a friend whose mother is immunocompromised and she can't even get flu shots.
Fixed.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yes, correct but the unvaccinated especially that are immune compromised should get it. But at the end of the day it's their choice, its not going to prevent getting it. Looking at the CDC data, only around 50K people died to date from Covid with no underlying health conditions (yes still 50K too many deaths). Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.View attachment 170940
EhDtfoyXkAEpGMg.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
nobody is talking about people that can't get vaccinated because they're immunocompromised. we're talking about the people who *CHOSE* not to because of :insert nonsensical rationale here: and are thus putting the immunocompromised at risk unnecessarily.

So what you're saying, if you are vaccinated and have Covid and come in close contact with someone who is immunocompromised who can't be vaccinated will have less of a chance of getting Covid than someone who is unvaccinated and have Covid? So does a vaccinated person with Covid transmit a less contagious/deadly variant than an unvaccinated person with Covid, or is it the same Covid coming from two types of sources (vaccinated/unvaccinated)?

How is being vaccinated/boosted, slowing/stopping the spread of this virus if you can still get it, give it and become very ill from it?

I'm just trying to better understand this so anyone who can better explain this is much appreciated.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you’re vaccinated you have less likelihood of becoming infected. Also, iirc, the peak period of shedding is shorter when vaccinated. So two mechanisms where that helps in addition to helping the vaccinated individual avoid illness and death themself.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
If you’re vaccinated you have less likelihood of becoming infected. Also, iirc, the peak period of shedding is shorter when vaccinated. So two mechanisms where that helps in addition to helping the vaccinated individual avoid illness and death themself.
That better explains it. Just seems this variant is spreading like wildfire to the vaccinated and unvaccinated so I was trying to differentiate the two. Thanks for clarifying!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
So much magazine revenue used to rely on ads for drugs that were required to run their disclaimers in a book of record (aka - print magazine). Those 1-3 pages of 3.5pt type brought in so much money.