Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well sure. But how many of those actually count?

Edit:
Holy shit. I just realized that Brians "those deaths dont count because...." argument is actually the same argument as that fucking putz Dan-o used to make about how all the different way gun related deaths weren't actually gun deaths because <insert specious argument here>. Morans of a feather.......

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Just me or do alot of recent TV Commercials for big-pharma appear to be all CGI characters? Occurred to me once after seeing three middle-aged men, in three AC Cobra Kit Cars, each driving with three labradoodles, all pulling out of a scenic overlook millimeters off the other's back bumper. :twitch: Now I cannot not see those idiosyncrasies during whatever ad is promoting Henry Ford's Elixir of Soy.
Had been convinced the Draft Kings girl was also CGI/Animatronics but she's a living, breathing homosapien.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My county recently compiled some Omicron specific statistics

1643241038536.png

1643241271374.png

What is interesting is that Omicron seems to be rapidly petering out amongst the vaccinated, no so much the un-vaccinated. For the past week the un-vaccinated are getting Covid at 6 times the vaccinated rate. That is closer to the Delta ratio.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My county recently compiled some Omicron specific statistics

View attachment 170994

View attachment 170995

What is interesting is that Omicron seems to be rapidly petering out amongst the vaccinated, no so much the un-vaccinated. For the past week the un-vaccinated are getting Covid at 6 times the vaccinated rate. That is closer to the Delta ratio.
Evening news just said Murica is back over 2200 deaths a day.

Got to be getting close to a nice round million by April Fools.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The poo flinging monkeys get upset rather quickly at times. You're better off sitting back and taking it all in if your opinion differs.
Like what opinions?

That's the kind of stance that has created a nation of morons, creeping fascism, and a whole racist ass section of murka banning books that give an accurate account of american history. The kind of sensitve little snowflakes that usually say that, think that straight up ignorance or stupidity is just an 'opinion' capable of only being differed with, not legitmately being addressed as the nonsense it actually is when it is just flat out wrong. Misinformation is usually dangerous and harmful BS, and exists not because it has merit, but because someone is making money off of it. People parroting that misinformation because it absolves them from having to endure the injustice of having to think deeper on a subject should absolutely be called on it. Dangerous dumbassery is not an "opinion."

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Joe Rogan is a gollum moulded by the zeitgeist from the ICP lyric "Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?" and a cloud of weed smoke. We have only ourselves to blame.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Yeah, sorry, the fact that guy makes $100 million is pissing me off this morning.
Was only kidding! Sampled a JRE only once and it was at least a couple years ago - nothing with the low-hanging COVID fruit. Someone obviously dreamt up his content as being relevant at one time. Glad to have read that platform is siding with Neil Young.
Funny that Neil Young has even said Spotify has terrible audio. He's a huge audiophile and created his own DA conversion software.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So the girlfriends step father and mother have had tickets to the Superbowl for a while and have been flip flopping on whether to go or not. They've made the decision to go.

Thing is, the step father is not the most healthiest of persons. I forget what he has, but there is something up already with his lungs.

Shes a little concerned, as he's being stubborn about going. But oh well, what can ya do? They are vaccinated and whatnot, so her mother should be fine, if they were to get teh covid. But him...its a toss up.

I guess fingers crossed that they magically don't get it somehow?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
So the girlfriends step father and mother have had tickets to the Superbowl for a while and have been flip flopping on whether to go or not. They've made the decision to go.

Thing is, the step father is not the most healthiest of persons. I forget what he has, but there is something up already with his lungs.

Shes a little concerned, as he's being stubborn about going. But oh well, what can ya do? They are vaccinated and whatnot, so her mother should be fine, if they were to get teh covid. But him...its a toss up.

I guess fingers crossed that they magically don't get it somehow?
if they are vaccinated, the risk is minimum.
At some point, you just gotta keep on trucking with life.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah true I'm all for that.

This guy though starts coughing if the humidity changes too much. Based on how congested and how much my girlfriend coughed when we had covid a few weeks ago, her step father is not going to have a fun time.

I wish I could remember what he had, I remember at first the doctors thought he had pulmonary fibrosis and actually told him if he doesn't change his shit, he was going to die in a few years.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I’m triple vaxxed, and decided “what the hell…” and accepted my company’s offer to attend a Canucks game on Tuesday.

Just tested positive! My kid just had it too, but had just finished his round of self isolation, so who knows where I got it.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Pretty easy to get upset at ignorant morons who are a danger to themselves and others, even if (and especially if) they have no clue that they are, because this thing is invisible,
Did you actually read what I wrote? All I asked was what is the difference now if a fully vaccinated person (including boosted) can get and transmit the virus than someone who is unvaccinated. Has nothing the do with the death rate, I'm fully aware an unvaccinated person has a much higher chance of dying. But I wasn't asking this. So what is the difference in transmission between a fully vaccinated person with covid than an unvaccinated with covid? Has nothing to do with ignorance, I was just asking a question. Seems like a lot here on RM are fully vaccinated and still got the virus, and seem to be capable of passing it on to vaccinated or unvaccinated people. Just a few love to get their panties in a bunch and struggle to pull them out, because they don't have an answer. Toshi was kind enough to explain it without being a douche.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Also with Omicron shit is so contagious I am not sure you can hide from it. Unless it just goes away, which isn't likely, I don't think you can avoid it forever. You may be able to lay low until a Omicron specific vaccine is available. That being said one should expect and prepared to catch it if they go to something like the superbowl.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also with Omicron shit is so contagious I am not sure you can hide from it. Unless it just goes away, which isn't likely, I don't think you can avoid it forever. You may be able to lay low until a Omicron specific vaccine is available. That being said one should expect and prepared to catch it if they go to something like the superbowl.
That's how the wife and I have been treating it, especially since the kid brought teh COVID home 2 weeks ago. Seems inevitable, and we've mostly resumed our "social lives", such as they were. Frankly I'm shocked she or myself haven't gotten it. I presume we probably have and were asymptomatic and/or, you know, the vaccine actually works. That said, I'm still avoiding large scale crowds like they have actual plague.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That's how the wife and I have been treating it, especially since the kid brought teh COVID home 2 weeks ago. Seems inevitable, and we've mostly resumed our "social lives", such as they were. Frankly I'm shocked she or myself haven't gotten it. I presume we probably have and were asymptomatic and/or, you know, the vaccine actually works. That said, I'm still avoiding large scale crowds like they have actual plague.
My wife, kid, and I are in the same situation. Seems *very* unlikely, given the R0 of this variant, that we *haven't* gotten it. Figure with our vaccination/booster perhaps we all had asymptomatic cases, or just maybe the booster was recent enough that we didn't get infected when exposed...

I'm thinking I should donate blood, as I think they test for that when you donate...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Have to say I was pretty upset the first time I went to a childrens museum and they didn't have a single one on display. There were kids running around all over the place. I am sure they could have dissected one or two of them without attracting too much attention.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we're still being extra cautious as our daughter is still too young to be vaccinated.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
My family and myself have been doing that since April 2019 when I was back to work full time. Been to Vegas, Florida twice, indoor water park last winter, 9 full capacity NFL games, family gatherings, camping more times than I can count.
Everyone is vaccinated except my 3 year old, my wife is boosted and I will be before we head out on a cruise in April for Easter.
I've watched my sister, her husband and her 2 kids live in a hole for almost 24 months and I'm not taking that away from my kids and family. They have literally done nothing but sit at home, go to remote cabins 2 times for vacation and send their kids to school. They still got the Covid so I don't see the point.