Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Funny that Neil Young has even said Spotify has terrible audio. He's a huge audiophile and created his own DA conversion software.
if i recall he had his own digital music device that went nowhere....

the name escapes me....looked it up on ebay awhile back...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
we're still being extra cautious as our daughter is still too young to be vaccinated.
Ditto. I think I've gone in 3 stores since the beginning of January. Haven't been in the office in over a month. Fingers crossed, but I'm 99% certain I haven't caught it so far and hope like hell I don't.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Using Stoney as a verb…is that kinky?
Maybe 15 years ago. And on a quick second look... Nah. No dick in that kind of crazy. I tried to keep it to the stalker level threshold. But Presley was banging hot, so :banana:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've heard the same thing about the CDC, but I heard they were withholding that info for quite sometime to push vaccinations. I think that's why there's been so much pushback from the ones that have already had it. One would think natural immunity is stronger than any vaccine, but I'm no medical expert. Then again, two of my son's roommates at college (Colorado State) have had it in 2020, got vaccinated, got Delta, got the booster and still got Omicron. It doesn't hold much water to go after the unvaccinated when apparently anyone can get/give it. Just to be clear, I've had my 3 Maderna vaccines, flue shot and will get another 40 of them if necessary.
Sure there's a blizzard outside, but we've all got tires on our cars. And tires should be more than enough to keep us under control. Some people I know crashed really bad, even though they had snow tires. But a lot of others just got into small accidents. But whatever, it's only snow, right? And the guys that didn't have snow tires? Well that was their decision. Sure, a lot of people might have been killed in those accidents, but I don't think that they should be blamed or ostracized for when or if they hit other people. You can't control that.

And sure, those guys I know that crashed live where there are a lot more cars driving in the blizzard and there are less stringent rules about driving in blizzards there. Yes, I know I have an AWD car with brand new snow tires and we're only allowed to drive in normal snow conditions. I know some people will drive "too fast" (I mean, that's you personal opinion of what's too fast), but I haven't crashed, so I think it's a bit oppressive that they make these rules that keep people from driving in blizzards.

I mean, it's just snow, right?

This is what you sound like, Brian. This is what everyone who refuses to get vaccinated sounds like. This is what everyone who promotes or supports getting not vaccinated sounds like. It's driving in a blizzard on bald tires and saying "that's fine, it's their/my decision", consequences to others be damned.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sure there's a blizzard outside, but we've all got tires on our cars. And tires should be more than enough to keep us under control. Some people I know crashed really bad, even though they had snow tires. But a lot of others just got into small accidents. But whatever, it's only snow, right? And the guys that didn't have snow tires? Well that was their decision. Sure, a lot of people might have been killed in those accidents, but I don't think that they should be blamed or ostracized for when or if they hit other people. You can't control that.

And sure, those guys I know that crashed live where there are a lot more cars driving in the blizzard and there are less stringent rules about driving in blizzards there. Yes, I know I have an AWD car with brand new snow tires and we're only allowed to drive in normal snow conditions. I know some people will drive "too fast" (I mean, that's you personal opinion of what's too fast), but I haven't crashed, so I think it's a bit oppressive that they make these rules that keep people from driving in blizzards.

This is what you sound like, Brian. This is what everyone who refuses to get vaccinated sounds like. This is what everyone who promotes or supports getting vaccinated sounds like. It's driving in a blizzard on bald tires and saying "that's fine, it's their/my decision", consequences to others be damned.
Bring back the Rep system nao damnit !

:rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

This is what you sound like, Brian. This is what everyone who refuses to get vaccinated sounds like. This is what everyone who promotes or supports getting vaccinated sounds like. It's driving in a blizzard on bald tires and saying "that's fine, it's their/my decision", consequences to others be damned.
I'm hearing snow tires are just a george soros funded scam.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I heard that snow tires lead to quantum entanglement with others’ Google Credit Score and the dematrix yo

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

This is what you sound like, Brian. This is what everyone who refuses to get vaccinated sounds like. This is what everyone who promotes or supports getting not vaccinated sounds like. It's driving in a blizzard on bald tires and saying "that's fine, it's their/my decision", consequences to others be damned.
I'm hearing that if you get into a crash, you can just drink some road salt mixed with sand and you'll be fine.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What Brian is flat out ignoring is the severity of the infection.
Bald tire, fast driver - car is in roof, burning, seatbelts are stuck. And emergency services are 12 miles away, down a windy Mtn road, driving past the 99 small accidents on the side of the road, stuck behind 1000 cars stopped on the road because burning car is blocking traffic. All in the same blizzard. Only to get there and be yelled at that the car is not on fire, despite their feet burning.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Again, I'm 100% for the vaccine. I guess what I'm trying to say, it was once said that this is being spread by the unvaccinated and if everyone is vaccinated it would slow or maybe eliminate transmission. Okay I get that. Now with Omicron, apparently the virus doesn't care who it infects as both vaccinated and unvaccinated can get it and transmit it as many here can attest.

Yes, I get the unvaccinated have a higher possibly of serious health issues and/or death, but I'm not talking about that. I think at this point you can no longer blame the unvaccinated for the spread, as everybody is spreading it. Going back to my son in college. Everyone is vaccinated & boosted in his apt (5 kids), and I believe 95% are (not sure about boosted) in his building and yet the majority of his building is still getting/got sick. If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated that's their choice, but IMO this is no longer just spreading from the unvaccinated and one can no longer single them out as the root cause of this nightmare continuing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
IMO this is no longer just spreading from the unvaccinated and one can no longer single them out as the root cause of this nightmare continuing.

As has been said a few times now, it spreads worse among unvaccinated people because there's a larger viral load in someone who has no augmented immune response to the specific pathogen.