Quantcast

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I agree, most of the protesters that remain aren't truckers, but there's enough of them to make things complicated. There's still a lot of big-rigs parked all around the "red zone". It's in the several 100s. from what I understand, getting them out of there without the truckers' consent and cooperation is really tough. Something about locking brake lines, that sort of thing...
I'd go in with mechanics and so on, open up those brakes and load them up. Probably not that simple, but there's always a way.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Canadian military has the appropriate gear to remove obstacles.

If mortars are too extreme then

They're too busy removing snow from other places.

shots fired lol

I say don't be gentle. We have Leopard C2 tanks. Bring a few of them in and drag the trucks out. Send the road repair bill to the leaders or use the frozen moneys for that.

FREEDUMB YEAH BABY (also I think this is a Leopard C1? Only image I could find with a Canadian flag on it).

Last edited:
I've been lulling myself to sleep fantasizing about how to make molotov cocktails... getting away is the hard part... If I wake up in the middle of the night tonight, and the snow is heavy enough, I may go out and tip their outhouses... small and petty, but at least it'll feel like I'm doing something!
Getting away, not being recorded, interesting world now.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I find it pretty strange that any business or owner would want their names visibly associated with this type of thing. No matter what side you're on, you're going to alienate part of your customer base.

They obviously don't care, but still...:confused:
Maybe they are not mentally equipped to see the full extent of their actions...

That picture could make its way to our local "spotted" page... :brows:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
They're too busy removing snow from other places.

shots fired lol

I say don't be gentle. We have Leopard C2 tanks. Bring a few of them in and drag the trucks out. Send the road repair bill to the leaders or use the frozen moneys for that.

FREEDUMB YEAH BABY (also I think this is a Leopard C1? Only image I could find with a Canadian flag on it).

Canuckistani Leopard 2A4M-CAN

Leopard-2A4M-CAN.jpg

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Have you tried asking them? I think they probably have made a "difference," the same way you are influencing your opinion here. I posted a thread that somehow disappeared due to the glitchy nature of this website, so I didn't bother reposting. But it was along the lines of what do people place more value, words or actions.
My opinion is 100% based on how it has affected the lives of the some of the members of this forum. While I would agree that actions speak louder than words, sometimes there are consequences depending on the action taken. I see no value in the actions of sitting in a hot tub, getting drunk in public or frightening members of a particular neighborhood, just because you don't agree with your government. It's likely to have a negative effect to your cause, not be taken seriously and generally just make you look....stupid.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My opinion is 100% based on how it has affected the lives of the some of the members of this forum. While I would agree that actions speak louder than words, sometimes there are consequences depending on the action taken. I see no value in the actions of sitting in a hot tub, getting drunk in public or frightening members of a particular neighborhood, just because you don't agree with your government. It's likely to have a negative effect to your cause, not be taken seriously and generally just make you look....stupid.
Agreed. As a member of the affected community I can tell you this:
- the noise and honking has been disruptive and painful. many of my neighbours weren't able to sleep for several weeks. I can hear it as I'm putting my kids to bed, but it's not loud enough to be a direct problem for me.
- many of my neighbours have been harassed and yelled at for wearing masks in public. Two of which are high-school girls that have to take the bus to school. Imagine the courage it take to swarm high-school children on the way to school.
- many of my neighbours are LGBTQ. They have been harassed and yelled at.
- my wife is a visible minorty and is afraid to go out. She hasn't been out for a run since the occupation began.
- my children are afraid they will be attacked for wearing masks at school. This has happened, one of the schools we walk by to get to ours was subjected to a group of occupiers harrasing parents and staff for wearing masks.
- a fire was set in the lobby of an apartment building where residents of the building had gotten into arguments with the occupiers. The doors to the lobby had been taped shut from the outside.
- a second apartment building was also found to have handcuffs attached to it in an attempt to seal off the lobby from the outside.
- several staff members of local shops have been harassed for wearing masks, or attempting to enforce the indoor mask mandate, as is required by provincial law.
- a grocery store, the only one serving the downtown core, had to shut down early last weekend. Many of its patrons are elderly and/or pensioners.
- the least of my concerns, but also a huge hassle is that everything takes twice as long for me to get to now. Normally taking my kids to ski practice takes 20 minutes. The first weekend it took me 2.5 hours to get home. Other parents were stuck for up to 4 hours. Last night it took me 45 minutes, and getting to my tuesday bike ride took me an hour instead of 20 minutes.

After three weeks of this shit, we're all pretty fucking fed up with it. And these are only the things I know about first hand. The police have 100s of open investigations going on at the moment.

The occupiers are trying to project this image of love and happiness. But if you don't look like them or think like them, you will not be accepted with open arms. Just look at what happened at the border crossing in Coutts, AB, where a cache of guns and weapons was found. The head of that group is one of the main organizers here in Ottawa. They are not here because of vaccine mandates, they are here because they hate the government and are looking for a fight. I'm sure there's quite a few people here because they're sick of the mandates. we all are.

The "clear path" to ending the lockdowns and mandates that they purport to be looking for already exists. It's been laid out by public health officials: get the transmission rates down, and make sure our health care system can handle the case load. That happens through vaccines and mask-wearing. We're almost there. whining and moaning about it isn't going to help. vaccines and masks will.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I've been lulling myself to sleep fantasizing about how to make molotov cocktails... getting away is the hard part... If I wake up in the middle of the night tonight, and the snow is heavy enough, I may go out and tip their outhouses... small and petty, but at least it'll feel like I'm doing something!
This is a great way to get your ass kicked, killed or arrested. I am 100% for it :thumb:

It reminds me of when my sister attended a BLM march/protest/whatever in the summer of 2020 and brought her kids with her. First thing that came to my mind was how stupid she is. Why would you bring young children to something like that? It's petty like you tipping some potties over. All I thought about when she was there if some asshole threw a brick, stone, bomb in the crowd and killed one of her kids? All for what? Seems petty to me.

I have my beliefs and the things that I think are right and wrong but they stop at my property line or with my direct family. BLM march, MAGA march, trump rally, whatever it is I will not be there. Step on my porch preaching your shit you're going to be choking on your teeth and probably spend a few days in the hospital.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but yeah, we're living in fear. And I would rather not.

I'm happy for you that you don't have to live with this fear, but making fun of people who are... it's not very kind.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I agree! This is a much better way of getting your voices heard! Sitting in a hot tub vs burning down some innocent person's building/business. Glad the destruction caused by these rioters had no impact on others here on this forum. Damn Canadians need to be taught how to protest Merica style! By the way, there were no consequences for this group of wonderful individuals, just the business owners trying to make a living.
1645198539933.png

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I agree! This is a much better way of getting your voices heard! Sitting in a hot tub vs burning down some innocent person's building/business. Glad the destruction caused by these rioters had no impact on others here on this forum. Damn Canadians need to be taught how to protest Merica style! By the way, there were no consequences for this group of wonderful individuals, just the business owners trying to make a living. View attachment 172162

Get out of here with that. Did I say that this was acceptable and the other wasn't? No I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth. This is far more harmful, dangerous and reckless. There absolutely should be consequences for those involved with this kind of activity. Businesses have been destroyed and people lives ruined over this type of "protest". If you're looking for me to say that this is OK, then you've come to the wrong place.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I agree! This is a much better way of getting your voices heard! Sitting in a hot tub vs burning down some innocent person's building/business. Glad the destruction caused by these rioters had no impact on others here on this forum. Damn Canadians need to be taught how to protest Merica style! By the way, there were no consequences for this group of wonderful individuals, just the business owners trying to make a living. View attachment 172162
i think you're missing the point. the occupation was far from harmless. it harmed people. in many different ways. you're showing a picture of a burning building. a building is not a person, even if it owned by a person. and neither is excusable in a civilized society.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Don't engage that dipshit. Put him on ignore. :mad:
But yet you still can’t keep away. Sad you’re life must be so miserable when someone’s different opinions/views don’t mesh with yours. How dare they! Its comical watching you getting your panties all wadded up over and over again. Then again I should know better than wrestle with an internet tough guy, my bad!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
But yet you still can’t keep away. Sad you’re life must be so miserable when someone’s different opinions/views don’t mesh with yours. How dare they! Its comical watching you getting your panties all wadded up over and over again. Then again I should know better than wrestle with an internet tough guy, my bad!
listen man, I generally try and give you the benefit of the doubt. I really do. a lot of times I can tell you are trolling, but a lot of other times we simply see things from a different perspective. and it's healthy to reexamine your position based on someone else's point of view.

but in this case, while you're entitled to your own opinions, you aren't entitled to your own facts. and the fact is, this occupation has had a real, deleterious, and detrimental impact on a lot of people. I've taken pains to explain it. so while you can roll your eyes and perhaps accuse me of giving into fear, I can choose to ignore you. accept it for what it is and move on. as someone's mom always said "if you ain't got nothin nice to say, then don't say nothin'"

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There are ‘different opinions’, and there is bullshit. TrumpIes are not cognitively capable of differentiating the two.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
listen man, I generally try and give you the benefit of the doubt. I really do. a lot of times I can tell you are trolling, but a lot of other times we simply see things from a different perspective. and it's healthy to reexamine your position based on someone else's point of view.

but in this case, while you're entitled to your own opinions, you aren't entitled to your own facts. and the fact is, this occupation has had a real, deleterious, and detrimental impact on a lot of people. I've taken pains to explain it. so while you can roll your eyes and perhaps accuse me of giving into fear, I can choose to ignore you. accept it for what it is and move on. as someone's mom always said "if you ain't got nothin nice to say, then don't say nothin'"
I'm absolutely not trolling, just giving my opinion. These truckers have been our hero's moving product around the countries throughout the pandemic without issue while everything was shut down. Why can't the government try to work something out for the ones that don't want to be vaccinated? Truckers sit by themselves all day. So why can't there be an agreement for example, an unvaccinated trucker be responsible to load and unload the trailer themselves, or visa versa with no one in close contact? There are ways to make this work, so everyone is satisfied. Anyways, there are a few on this site that can't tolerate another's opinion if it fails to align with theirs. If you look back at any of my posts, I never name call, pick fight or hate someone because of their views. Personally I can give a shit what people think of me, I really don't lose any sleep over it like some here do.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Gosh, that is terrible. I don’t know why anyone would protest being murdered by someone who is supposed to serve and protect. I mean if only those people would have done what they were told and not broken any laws they would have been killed, right? And also so nice that thankfully we had great people an those protests to calm the crowds down. I mean what would be more calming than marching into a BLM protest fully strapped.

I feel so bad for those truckers, being told what to do and all. That really is tough. Good thing they are listening to law enforcement.

And in today’s day and age, I’m sure that business had ZERO insurance and had to front the whole expensive rebuilding process.

FFS:rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but yeah, we're living in fear. And I would rather not.

I'm happy for you that you don't have to live with this fear, but making fun of people who are... it's not very kind.
why would i make fun of you...

i thought it was funny....

that story lost me at twitter...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Gosh, that is terrible. I don’t know why anyone would protest being murdered by someone who is supposed to serve and protect. I mean if only those people would have done what they were told and not broken any laws they would have been killed, right? And also so nice that thankfully we had great people an those protests to calm the crowds down. I mean what would be more calming than marching into a BLM protest fully strapped.

I feel so bad for those truckers, being told what to do and all. That really is tough. Good thing they are listening to law enforcement.

And in today’s day and age, I’m sure that business had ZERO insurance and had to front the whole expensive rebuilding process.

FFS:rofl:
The officer got everything he deserved and should be put away for life! Peaceful protesting is one thing, destroying another's property because of it is unnecessary. As far as insurance goes? We all end up paying for it as the business's rates go up, the cost of the merchandise as well as our own personal insurance. Insurance companies aren't in business to give money away, they'll get it back one way or another and we're the ones who ultimately pay for it. Nothing is for free.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
These truckers have been our hero's
No they haven't. You realize these truckers "protesting" are stopping other truckers from doing their jobs, right?

If these folk had taken up camp on the lawn of parliament and let the rest of Ottawa (and other places) go about their regular business, while exorcising their right to protest, we wouldn't be debating about this stupid shit online.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
The officer got everything he deserved and should be put away for life! Peaceful protesting is one thing, destroying another's property because of it is unnecessary. As far as insurance goes? We all end up paying for it as the business's rates go up, the cost of the merchandise as well as our own personal insurance. Insurance companies aren't in business to give money away, they'll get it back one way or another and we're the ones who ultimately pay for it. Nothing is for free.
One business isn’t going to change anyone’s property rates. Climate induced storms on the other hand, grab your ankles. It would seem that most of the BLM protests started peacefully until agitators showed up. Yes, burning a business is not the right way to do it, but they were protesting being killed, and it seemed to get all of our attentions

Are these truckers getting drug out of their trucks?

Over the road truckers do not load and unload their trailers. This issue appears to be with cross border trucks. Isn’t that how this pandemic started? By people crossing borders and spreading a deadly disease. Asking them to get a vaccine is about as little as they can do.

I have no problem with other peoples opinions, 99% of the people I deal with daily have very different opinions than I. I do have problems with people comparing folks that are protesting century’s old racism in our county, to some whine ass truckers that don’t want to get a vaccine. So ya I guess I’ll agree to disagree.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely not trolling, just giving my opinion. These truckers have been our hero's moving product around the countries throughout the pandemic without issue while everything was shut down. Why can't the government try to work something out for the ones that don't want to be vaccinated? Truckers sit by themselves all day. So why can't there be an agreement for example, an unvaccinated trucker be responsible to load and unload the trailer themselves, or visa versa with no one in close contact? There are ways to make this work, so everyone is satisfied. Anyways, there are a few on this site that can't tolerate another's opinion if it fails to align with theirs. If you look back at any of my posts, I never name call, pick fight or hate someone because of their views. Personally I can give a shit what people think of me, I really don't lose any sleep over it like some here do.
The truckers and cops and the military are not "heroes", they're doing a job like everyone else. They should get vaccinated unless a physician certifies that they have valid reasons not to do so.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Recall that it was proven that far right agitators were behind at least some part of the violence in Minnesota.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics to prove that shutting down a major city because you are scared of needles has no economic ramifications and that those won't be felt across canada as well as the US.

Also, I can think of few populations that are more important to be vaccinated against a potentially deadly illness than people who regularly cross state lines, visit other communities, then return home.