Quantcast

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Being vaccinated means you yourself are less likely to be impacted by severe symptoms if you catch COVID than if you weren't vaccinated.

If you pass the virus on to someone else their personal impact is governed by their immune system/vaccination status.
So if that is case,which is what I thought,then what is difference if my Son has Taken the Shot or Not? If he is Healthy,am I being a AssHole for not allowing him to come over?

Shot or no Shot,it seems tome it makes no difference? If he Had taken the Shot,he could still get my Wife in Serious Trouble?

Im sorry Brothers,I can not make sense of this?

Am I wrong for thinking it makes no difference?
Regarding “my Wife” as to if my Son gets a shot?

Then I have my Son in my Ass about how it is a joke blah,blah,blah.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So if that is case,which is what I thought,then what is difference if my Son has Taken the Shot or Not? If he is Healthy,am I being a AssHole for not allowing him to come over?

Shot or no Shot,it seems tome it makes no difference? If he Had taken the Shot,he could still get my Wife in Serious Trouble?

Im sorry Brothers,I can not make sense of this?

Am I wrong for thinking it makes no difference?
Regarding “my Wife” as to if my Son gets a shot?

Then I have my Son in my Ass about how it is a joke blah,blah,blah.

Avy

At this point I'd ask him to take a proper PCR test prior to a visit and a instant test right before walking in the door.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Avy said:
The problem is there doesn’t seem to actually be a way to predict how badly any individual will get it. Some very fit and healthy people have died. Some unhealthy people have super mild cases. Now it is true on average that there is a trend that healthier people are less affected and people with multiple health issues are more affected, but it seems it’s not a great predictor.

And how can you ever be an asshole for asking your son to take a bit of social responsibility?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The problem is there doesn’t seem to actually be a way to predict how badly any individual will get it. Some very fit and healthy people have died. Some unhealthy people have super mild cases. Now it is true on average that there is a trend that healthier people are less affected and people with multiple health issues are more affected, but it seems it’s not a great predictor.

And how can you ever be an asshole for asking your son to take a bit of social responsibility?

I am "at risk" due to being on immunosuppressant medication. Fully boosted and caught the Omicron, symptoms were probably lighter than the side effects that a lot of people had from the vaccine.

Certainly not a proper study but from my local data the risks associated with severe disease or death for the vaccinated and boosted seem to be largely age based. That being said Covid can still fuck you up even if you don't get hospitalized.

For my densely populated largely urban county with a population of 2.2 million 0 people with booster shots under the age of 50 have been hospitalized or died from Covid in the past 30 days. Those numbers rise a bit for 50-65 years old and jump a fair bit more for those over 65.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
9E387D61-D674-4AD4-B1FC-C778A3285644.jpeg

1A10A4B9-B566-47EC-A70C-5302D1C344BF.jpeg

source: https://public.tableau.com/views/SchoolCOVIDVaccination/ColoradoPublicSchoolCOVIDVaccinationRates?:language=en-US&publish=yes&:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link:device=desktop&:showVizHome=no&:device=desktop

That’s my elder kids’ school at 7th. First non-high school on the list. HGT magnet school, 1st-5th grade (so kids too young for boosters except those like my Yuna who got it via the trial). Likely strong correlation between parental education level and these rates, if I were a betting man.

How are the JeffCo and Douglas rates, @stoney and @SkaredShtles ?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
View attachment 173713

View attachment 173714

source: https://public.tableau.com/views/SchoolCOVIDVaccination/ColoradoPublicSchoolCOVIDVaccinationRates?:language=en-US&publish=yes&:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link:device=desktop&:showVizHome=no&:device=desktop

That’s my elder kids’ school at 7th. First non-high school on the list. HGT magnet school, 1st-5th grade (so kids too young for boosters except those like my Yuna who got it via the trial). Likely strong correlation between parental education level and these rates, if I were a betting man.

How are the JeffCo and Douglas rates, @stoney and @SkaredShtles ?
54% / 47% for Haley's school. And it looks to be one of the better ones...

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
At this point I'd ask him to take a proper PCR test prior to a visit and a instant test right before walking in the door.
It has been what 2 years since this began? I feel we Americans are Selfish,Rude,Impatient,Stupid. As If all is well now. I want it to be like before Covid they say,well,it ain’t never gonna be the Same! Yet here in CA I notice very few taking the matter serious. Mostly the elder.

We have 11 million Mexicans here in CA,It is my understanding,which includes working with 3 of them and asking a thousand questions to All who will answer them,that most of them did not get the shot. Mexicans do not go to the Dr. They do not trust them. They use Vicks Vapor Rub for all matters. I am really amazed that our count is down here. There is no way to get a count on the matter,as to how many got a shot. I thought it would be a Major Problem with Covid,I do not understand how this is?

Back to my Son,it is a lost cause. He will not take a PCR,nor a test before walking in my Door. I came here hoping for something,Hope,Love,anything that would change my mind. I put Everything I have into that Boy,how did Fail So Bad. He now 35 Years old. Sorry for wasting you’re time.
Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yeah @Avy you're not wasting anyone's time and i thought the test in advance advice a was a reasonable solution. if he's not willing to stick a swab up his nose to try to keep his mom safe, then i don't know what else you can do. i'm sorry and i know it must suck.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
yeah @Avy you're not wasting anyone's time and i thought the test in advance advice a was a reasonable solution. if he's not willing to stick a swab up his nose to try to keep his mom safe, then i don't know what else you can do. i'm sorry and i know it must suck.
That Loving Thought you said Right There Brother,Right Fucking There! Is the reason I Feel that I Failed.
Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
That Loving Thought you said Right There Brother,Right Fucking There! Is the reason I Feel that I Failed.
Avy
BROTHER! Don’t kick Avy when he is down! You can bring a horse to water but you can’t make him drink! These are trying times and I hope you can support yourself and find the strength to be compassionate with people and their limitations. Everybody is human and that’s seems to be too complicated. You got what it takes to get through this.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
BROTHER! Don’t kick Avy when he is down! You can bring a horse to water but you can’t make him drink! These are trying times and I hope you can support yourself and find the strength to be compassionate with people and their limitations. Everybody is human and that’s seems to be too complicated. You got what it takes to get through this.
Fucking buckoW,my favorite. I can Feel you reaching out to me through the screen. I Feel very vurenable posting such Stress on the Wide World Web,it can be a very dangerous when One is in Pain. Like So many others here,it is very difficult to deal with. I do not have any answers for the madness in front of me. I thank you all for letting me be me.
Avy

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They've also approved post-infection treatments now that are effective, so it's not quite the same as before, except if you or people you come in contact with are in vulnerable categories.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Avy
dude there's only so much you can do. at some point, no matter how much we try to guide our kids along, they make their own choices, for better or for worse. do i wish my own kids were different? sure, sometimes. but as long as i know i've done my best, i have to accept the outcome. you're obviously a good guy who cares a ton about his wife and his son. hang in there man. just keep letting them both know you love 'em.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
dude there's only so much you can do. at some point, no matter how much we try to guide our kids along, they make their own choices, for better or for worse. do i wish my own kids were different? sure, sometimes. but as long as i know i've done my best, i have to accept the outcome. you're obviously a good guy who cares a ton about his wife and his son. hang in there man. just keep letting them both know you love 'em.
Thank You. The Son and I speak via Face Time. As you can see,I have done all that I can,so I do not bring it up when we speak,I want to talk about other matters. But he follows Covid,IMHO from the wrong source. The first thing he said tome was “Pa,did you get you’re 4th shot yet?” With a tone that is uncalled for. I think that tone and ignorance is what I have a very hard time with. He blames me for believing in what he calls a hoax. Anyway,I don’t want to beat a dead horse. I think for me,the hardest part is standing firm,and All that comes with it.
Avy

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Well the South earned a tradition of being full of a bunch of dumb lazy rednecks in part due to hookworm infections that sap one's energy and intellect. Let us know if you notice people getting smarter and more energetic down there.
The bio-med research scene appears to be holding their own. The rest, not so much.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hey Guy’s,with talking about my Son,I forgot to ask a big question I want’ed you’re thought’s on.

First,I need to say right now I wear a cheap throw away mask every time I go into Any Store. I/we do not go out to any place for dinner or any other type of fun. I feel like it is the right thing todo Right Now. In time, I may change my mind. I am not a Freak,I feel we should All be cautious. It is to early to be feeling otherwise. The Goverment is not preparing for future outbreak regarding testsites and the list goes on for Covid matter’s,I am worried. The reason I said I am not a freak by the way,Is a lot of my coworker’s and others do not wear a mask and glance at Avy? What Bitch! Why you looking at me? You One Eye Fucking Horror!

Also,regarding the Wife and I. I am very Lucky,as the Wife is at home working,while Pa is out there. I deal with 60% of 10 million dollar homes with the last 40 % being a simple middle class house. I deal with/we of up to 60 men on a job site,even more. As I spoke before regarding Mexicans,in the Trades,we are talking: SheetRock,Stone/Tile,Painting,Sanding,Floor’s,Pools,Gardening,
Pavers/driveway,Roofs,whatever Roof you can think of. Gutter’s,copper custom and all. Then we have the custom Blinds Trade,yes Blind’s Brother.
I’m sure I forgot someone,point being,Avy deals with this all the time. So I am trying to be careful.

My Question is: What do All of you think about a 4th shot?
One Human being in good health me,vs One Human being vulnerable,the wife?
Avy

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
As far as I know, only Israel has tried out a fourth shot, and after doing so they recommended it for those over 60 years old:

The Israeli Health Ministry also said the fourth dose made people over 60 twice as resistant to infection than people of the same age who had received 3 vaccinations.

The results of the Sheba Medical Centre’s preliminary study showed that patients had increased antibodies after the fourth shot, compared with the third shot, but the vaccine was more effective against the Delta variant than the Omicron variant, i.e., the fourth shot “probably” could not protect completely against the latter.

Patients in Israel started to receive the fourth shot early in January 2022 with the appearance of the Omicron variant.

The study included over 1 million individuals, that is, more than 400,000 people over 60 years of age who got the second booster and 600,000 who received the third shot more than 4 months previously.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you're being safe and smart and fuck other people if they have an issue with it. keep on keepin' on. i still wear a mask if i am in an indoor environment with others for an extended period of time. as should you, especially if you have a loved one with risks (as i believe you do). it's hurting no one, except in their imaginary feelings and freedoms.

re: 4th shot, i'll follow the science as it emerges.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hey Guy’s,with talking about my Son,I forgot to ask a big question I want’ed you’re thought’s on.

First,I need to say right now I wear a cheap throw away mask every time I go into Any Store. I/we do not go out to any place for dinner or any other type of fun. I feel like it is the right thing todo Right Now. In time, I may change my mind. I am not a Freak,I feel we should All be cautious. It is to early to be feeling otherwise. The Goverment is not preparing for future outbreak regarding testsites and the list goes on for Covid matter’s,I am worried. The reason I said I am not a freak by the way,Is a lot of my coworker’s and others do not wear a mask and glance at Avy? What Bitch! Why you looking at me? You One Eye Fucking Horror!

Also,regarding the Wife and I. I am very Lucky,as the Wife is at home working,while Pa is out there. I deal with 60% of 10 million dollar homes with the last 40 % being a simple middle class house. I deal with/we of up to 60 men on a job site,even more. As I spoke before regarding Mexicans,in the Trades,we are talking: SheetRock,Stone/Tile,Painting,Sanding,Floor’s,Pools,Gardening,
Pavers/driveway,Roofs,whatever Roof you can think of. Gutter’s,copper custom and all. Then we have the custom Blinds Trade,yes Blind’s Brother.
I’m sure I forgot someone,point being,Avy deals with this all the time. So I am trying to be careful.

My Question is: What do All of you think about a 4th shot?
One Human being in good health me,vs One Human being vulnerable,the wife?
Avy
Here is my opinion, you are obviously caring enough to be completely responsible for your situation. That’s all you have to know! Nobody will ever understand your situation simply because empathy and communication are not hot right now. Societal norms dictate strange and unaccountable behavior by everyone, in my opinion.

Even if you explain it 10 million times. People are preoccupied and you could accept that. I think you should give yourself the power, responsibility and autonomy to make your own decisions and be confident in your decisions because you genuinely care enough to trust yourself. You care enough so I would go with your gut and don’t be destabilized by others.

Avy Brother, Sometimes you just have to piss with the cock you’ve got.

You ever read any Seneca about the value of time and the preoccupied man?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
With masks now becoming "a personal choice" out here, I'm beginning to see it as a risk understanding and acceptance issue.

The science tables that make recommendation to governments about mandates are assessing the risk and very probably making recommendations to governments about levels of risk, not in a "go/no-go" dichotomy. The governments will then weigh various "outside" risk factors (i.e. not covid-related) to make their choice. they can still back up their decision by saying "the scientists say its safe", but in reality nothing is ever quite so clear.

When it comes down to individuals making those choices, we all perceive risk differently, and our tolerance to risk is different as well. I'll readily admit that I am currently less likely to accept risk than my situation probably allows (i.e., I'll avoid maskless public places, continue to wear one when I have to be in enclosed public spaces, and continue to insist my kids wear theirs in school), even though if we catch it, there's a very low risk of us getting sick and having complications (we're all vaxxed to the max).

I guess my main annoyance is when people refuse to wear masks, insisting others are 'sheep', when they know nothing about other people's risk factors and risk tolerance levels. This is also why I think politicians here have erred in choosing a higher risk acceptance. Is enough of the population really able to accept a higher risk, and that such a decision should be left to individuals? Essentially, I don't trust the anti-mask idiots to make decisions based on the greater good and respect of others. Allowing the lowest common denominator to make choices that affect other people is a recipe for disaster, IMO.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
With masks now becoming "a personal choice" out here, I'm beginning to see it as a risk understanding and acceptance issue.

The science tables that make recommendation to governments about mandates are assessing the risk and very probably making recommendations to governments about levels of risk, not in a "go/no-go" dichotomy. The governments will then weigh various "outside" risk factors (i.e. not covid-related) to make their choice. they can still back up their decision by saying "the scientists say its safe", but in reality nothing is ever quite so clear.

When it comes down to individuals making those choices, we all perceive risk differently, and our tolerance to risk is different as well. I'll readily admit that I am currently less likely to accept risk than my situation probably allows (i.e., I'll avoid maskless public places, continue to wear one when I have to be in enclosed public spaces, and continue to insist my kids wear theirs in school), even though if we catch it, there's a very low risk of us getting sick and having complications (we're all vaxxed to the max).

I guess my main annoyance is when people refuse to wear masks, insisting others are 'sheep', when they know nothing about other people's risk factors and risk tolerance levels. This is also why I think politicians here have erred in choosing a higher risk acceptance. Is enough of the population really able to accept a higher risk, and that such a decision should be left to individuals? Essentially, I don't trust the anti-mask idiots to make decisions based on the greater good and respect of others. Allowing the lowest common denominator to make choices that affect other people is a recipe for disaster, IMO.
Here Here!(Avy doing a British accent). You said so much I don’t know what to say?Ok,I’m ready,the Last paragraph.

The Last sentence for me,sum’s it up. It bring’s it Home. Can we just think and Plan for Saftey? It Is a Recipe for disaster Brother,I Agree.

One Matter that really has me worried is The Whole Medical People that take care of us. This has been a very Humbling experience for All to See.
They can only Take so much,sooo many have Left the field as I type. Done kilt um. Ran um to the ground,,barley able to drive Home,they Left. We must learn from this.
Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I see the US passed 1,000,000 covid deaths. Sheesh. Hope that you monkeys and known associates are underrepresented.

Monkeys are old, but not that old. 75% of deaths in the US were older than 65 years. What is interesting is that last summer during that short period period from large scale vaccine availability and Delta the number of deaths in the country was normal and and since January or so below normal, presumably because protections such as masks prevented other infectious diseases like the flu, or maybe we are just running out of people to die.

1648074668405.png

Per CDC

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I need the world to stay normal (and not get nuked) as I just paid a fortune in air tickets to go see family for the first time in 3 1/2 years.