Quantcast

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Monkeys are old, but not that old. 75% of deaths in the US were older than 65 years. What is interesting is that last summer during that short period period from large scale vaccine availability and Delta the number of deaths in the country was normal and and since January or so below normal, presumably because protections such as masks prevented other infectious diseases like the flu, or maybe we are just running out of people to die.

View attachment 173929
Per CDC
We’ve has a similar effect in NZ, we’ve got massively less colds, flu, etc. and because our lockdowns were effective whilst they lasted for the first two years our death rate actually was lower than normal too. People in towns and cities are still generally highly mask compliant but I hear it is less so in the sticks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone got a source for KN/N95's with the straps behind the head?

On a 10 hour flight I don't want to have the behind ears straps on for that long...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Nope, care to elaborate ?
pretty much as @jonKranked said. Same shit different day. I had just never heard of Kyle Warner before this and if you ever read any of the PB comments he’s a right wing anti vaccine dude. Didn’t seem to be the case, said that pretty much every crazy fringe right podcast/show has wanted him to tell his story pretty much to twist it as crazy right shit. He actually sounded like a nice dude that for some reason had a bad reaction.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
pretty much as @jonKranked said. Same shit different day. I had just never heard of Kyle Warner before this and if you ever read any of the PB comments he’s a right wing anti vaccine dude. Didn’t seem to be the case, said that pretty much every crazy fringe right podcast/show has wanted him to tell his story pretty much to twist it as crazy right shit. He actually sounded like a nice dude that for some reason had a bad reaction.
And now he needs his safe space and his soap box

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My still-unvaccinated parents are apparently coming out to see my May wind ensemble concert. No, I didn’t invite them. 3 year old is still unvaccinated.

Clearly I’m not going to have them stay in the guest bedroom at my house. But dinner? Hmm. Would be an easy yes if the 3 year old was vaxxed.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My still-unvaccinated parents are apparently coming out to see my May wind ensemble concert. No, I didn’t invite them. 3 year old is still unvaccinated.

Clearly I’m not going to have them stay in the guest bedroom at my house. But dinner? Hmm. Would be an easy yes if the 3 year old was vaxxed.
Why are your parents still unvaccinated ? Don't they know you're a doctor ?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Why does the vaccination of your kid play a such a major role in this? Everyone I know who has been positive recently was triple vaxxed.
Edit: My assumption was you were worried about your parents. I guess I read it wrong.

Last edited: