Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Why does the vaccination of your kid play a such a major role in this? Everyone I know who has been positive recently was triple vaxxed.
Edit: My assumption was you were worried about your parents. I guess I read it wrong.
Yeah, worried about risk to kid, not my parents. They're adults who have clearly made that choice, noting that that choice is a bad one for my dad in particular (fat, type 2 diabetic albeit with decent control now that he's gone mostly keto).

Wow, Japanese hippies. Wonders never cease.
My dad's white. They met at Berkeley in the 60s. He'd eat at International House because he was a chess fiend and the best players were the foreign students. She'd eat at International House because that's where her Japanese friends ate.

One day her Japanese table was full so she had to find somewhere else to sit. She asked if she could sit across from my dad, and he grunted affirmatively. By the end of dinner he asked her out and so it went.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haha. Not sure if you are saying mr glueresidue is racist or the Japnese are. The Japanese are sure as shit still racist. Less so every day, but still very much a closed isolated culture which leads to xenophobia/ racism.
"Round eyes" is a racial epithet for a honkey

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Going to continue avoiding people...

This has what has scared me the most during the pandemic. Having dealt with Gout and an unbelievable restricted diet for ten years has made me want to never have to experience a long term illness again. I couldn't even eat a slice of pizza or a piece of bacon for ten fucking years. Never again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The girlfriend's workplace has been struggling with covid lately. They are a small veterinary clinic and a few people are out with it, stressful to say the least.

Doesn't help that one of the donkey vets has tested positive and has tried to come to work, on the basis of "but I feel fine, I just have a runny nose". I guess being a medical professional of some sort isn't good enough for him to realize how stupid that sounds. Covid or not, who wants to work with someone that is sick?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Doesn't help that one of the donkey vets has tested positive and has tried to come to work, on the basis of "but I feel fine, I just have a runny nose". I guess being a medical professional of some sort isn't good enough for him to realize how stupid that sounds. Covid or not, who wants to work with someone that is sick?

What a jackass

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Our mask mandates lived well over a month ago, but around here people started slowly transitioning to maskless until about 90% of people are work aren't wearing one and about 50% in places like the grocery store. Case levels continued to drop until recently. Seems like we reached the tipping point of mask participation and cases have gone up over 250% in the last week.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Our mask mandates lived well over a month ago, but around here people started slowly transitioning to maskless until about 90% of people are work aren't wearing one and about 50% in places like the grocery store. Case levels continued to drop until recently. Seems like we reached the tipping point of mask participation and cases have gone up over 250% in the last week.
I'm in the cautiously optimistic group of LA residents, and starting to go mask-less in a few places. Numbers are low here for now, so I'm factoring that in.

My coffee shop is small and the interactions are brief, so I feel like this isn't a high risk zone. The gym, on the other hand, is a calculated risk. In the cardio room at off-peak hours there aren't a ton of people, and the machines keep you at a distance from others. It is a lot of breathing, but you aren't crossing paths with too many people over a 20-40 min cardio session, so I decided to take the mask off so I can push harder. In the weight room, it is a bit busier, but easier to workout with a mask on.

At the grocery store or other shopping locations, it is still mask on for me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So my still-unvaccinated parents self-invited themselves to a concert in May that both I and my wife are performing in. I told them that they should get a hotel room (vs staying in our extra bedroom). We'll have lunch with them at a local beer hall that has outside seating. Seemed a fair compromise to me.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
“Dodged” another Covid exposure. Saw a friend Sunday who started feeling unwell and tested positive yesterday. My home test says negative. Fingers crossed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:/

Judge: "CDC can't implement mandates because they're only allowed to enforce sanitizing things..."

By that judges logic I should also be able to rub my sweaty balls on airplane tray tables because making me wear pants doesn't clean my balls.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
:/

Judge: "CDC can't implement mandates because they're only allowed to enforce sanitizing things..."

With a battle cry go forth which is
"Give the people what they want."
And what the people want could only be the senseless slaughter
Of the gutter-slime that litters this nation for cash and prizes.
Yes, this is the show where people bet their lives to win something big.
'Cause when your life is shit, then you haven't got much to lose

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout