Quantcast

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Neighbor (in her 60s) is on her 3rd bout of covid!?! She is vaccinated, but rather cavalier about the whole thing. Hope no lasting effects!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
LA is back to considering it.

I was on my way to the NAMM Show (music gear convention) at the Anaheim Convention Center and I stressed out to the point of turning back home. Traffic wasn’t helping, but the concern about Covid was a factor.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Allegedly having the ‘cron while fully vaxxed gives you ultra immunity, so your theory holds up to my scientific scrutiny. Probably only going to evolve to be less severe, but if it goes back to Delta you’re solid.
maxyedor,I have heard the Exact Opposite of that Info. The Body gets Covid in the system,Then the Vax has ultimate power possible,as it has somthing to chew on. I heard this many times?

I myself did not go that route due to my Wife,otherwise I probably would have taken the shot after. For Max effect. I am sure of hearing this.

Avy

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Finally tested positive. Didn't sleep great. Woke up with what felt like bad allergy symptoms, untouched by an antihistamine. Took a nap and woke up sweaty but afebrile, noted some borderline tachycardia just walking about the house, and then positive on a rapid test.

A WFH week it shall be apparently. Given my symptoms and fatness I'm scheduling a virtual visit tonight to see if anything but waiting it out is indicated.

Finally tested positive. Didn't sleep great. Woke up with what felt like bad allergy symptoms, untouched by an antihistamine. Took a nap and woke up sweaty but afebrile, noted some borderline tachycardia just walking about the house, and then positive on a rapid test.

A WFH week it shall be apparently. Given my symptoms and fatness I'm scheduling a virtual visit tonight to see if anything but waiting it out is indicated.
Good luck!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Had my virtual visit. As expected, given fatness in and of itself I qualify for Paxlovid, the oral anti-COVID med. Metallic taste in mouth, here we come!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The study also found that BA.4 and BA.5 can evade neutralizing antibodies generated from BA.1 and BA.2 infections. That means that people who have recovered from previous omicron infections may not have optimal protection from BA.4 and BA.5.

This is attrition warfare now. Thanks, Wuhan.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Had my virtual visit. As expected, given fatness in and of itself I qualify for Paxlovid, the oral anti-COVID med. Metallic taste in mouth, here we come!
Promised metallic taste hit tonight, about an hour after dose 3 down the gullet. Ugh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_2592.jpeg

Day 3. I feel better--not 100% but less coughing, slept well last night. Very strongly antigen positive this morning, though, stronger than on Day 1 for sure. Virus is in the "I'd like to spread kthxbye" stage.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The wife started feeling crummy today: congested and very low on energy. Rapid test negative this morning but positive this evening. She has her virtual visit tomorrow to see if anxiety qualifies her as higher risk —> Paxlovid.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got this notification today:

Please take note of a possible COVID exposure at autocross last Sunday, 6/5. There was an autocrosser who developed symptoms on Monday and tested positive today, 6/8. They may have been contagious at the event.
Here are some official recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/.../your.../quarantine-isolation.html....
I'll offer some commentary since I work in medicine: Generally the risk is low as the event was outdoors and the latest variants are milder. It is difficult to know what to do with this sort of information but you should consider getting tested and isolating if you have any infectious (cold) symptoms. If you will have close contact with a person who is at higher risk for complications from COVID, you might get tested pre-emptively or wait a few more days to ensure you don't develop any symptoms.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Me (boosted, but a long time ago now) - yes
Wife (boosted) - no
eldest kid (vax but not boosted) - yes
middle kid (boosted) - no
youngest kid (nothing as under 5) - no
Update: 3 year old positive as of yesterday via PCR. She feels better today than yesterday, at least. Wife feels crummy even halfway through her Paxlovid course.

I finished my Paxlovid course this morning and feel almost normal. Was a touch off on my ride today.

Middle kid is the last holdout!