Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
SIL is getting married in TN at end of month - refusing to delay. Wifey and both girls are in the wedding. Sent MIL2, who is part of conversation to delay, same info I sent my family with the numbers summarized. Got a snarky email back. Wifey sent her the CDC's recommendation that groups over 50 be cancelled then got a bitchy "you want to cancel this wedding based on information from a govt that packed people into airports today while posting all this" response. Most of Wifey's aunts and uncles are over 60 and all live in CA...

MIL1 has finally locked down, as of today. N0 is today...
@TN would make for an interesting wedding officiant

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
SIL is getting married in TN at end of month - refusing to delay. Wifey and both girls are in the wedding. Sent MIL2, who is part of conversation to delay, same info I sent my family with the numbers summarized. Got a snarky email back. Wifey sent her the CDC's recommendation that groups over 50 be cancelled then got a bitchy "you want to cancel this wedding based on information from a govt that packed people into airports today while posting all this" response. Most of Wifey's aunts and uncles are over 60 and all live in CA...

MIL1 has finally locked down, as of today. N0 is today...
Fortunately, it's likely a travel ban will be announced, and you can send your regrets.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Has anyone brought up the likelihood of transmission via public toilets?
was thinking about that while sitting on the throne.
poseidon’s Kiss, anyone?

bookstores.....wonder when bookstores shut down.

in every state.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So, regarding the 50 person thing...
what about the prisons?
Do they consider two to a cell social isolation?
What about meal/rec times?
according to police detective i know.....you fucking pray it doesn't end up in jails/prison.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Too bad ya just can't hide out at Snowshoe and just ride laps until its all over.
snowshoe just sent a message tonight that it's closed as of tomorrow
I got 2 yesterday. You only have yourself to blame for waiting.
*flashbacks of snowshoe propane tanks running out*
Could be worse, you could have been planning a spring break ski vacation. :twitch:
hooray for me for being a slacker!

just had a long conversation with my early-stages-Alzheimer's mom in Maine telling her that she needed to listen to my dad and that "just because she knows somebody well" doesn't mean that she should try to make her book groups - 12+ 65+ year-olds - keep going on, and do stuff with her elderly friends. And yes, if you go to the grocery store, use the fucking wipes that are right there by the carts to clean the handles. SMDH. Parents also said various people from Boston, etc., were fleeing to their summer homes up there. Those are precisely the people they need to stay away from! Looking at you, @dan-o ! :D All in all though, a tiny town in coastal Maine, population 582, is not the worst place to be right now . . .

Gonna go into work tomorrow to grab stuff I might need for the next few weeks. Bars/breweries slowly shutting down. Restaurants to be takeout/delivery soon. Should hit the ABC store before they go . . . probably stock up on beer too. Wife is all concerned with juggling work/kids school-from-home . . . I'm more concerned with finding more time in the woods!

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fortunately, it's likely a travel ban will be announced, and you can send your regrets.
And here we have it...

MIL2 said:
I've gone through this material, which is in line with what I have been reading all week. The Medium article is well written and sourced, with excellent visualizations of the data. It is unfortunate that the author thinks the fact that he runs a billion-dollar company is a credential that should engender confidence in the reader.
The wedding is still three weeks away. Looking at the data in the Medium article tells me it is possible that with these two weeks of schools, businesses, sports, etc. being closed, perhaps movement will ease by the end of this month. Also decisions on any side of this can still be changed anytime in the coming weeks, although I do know [SIL] wants to move forward with her life.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just tell them you're not coming. :mad:
We're not flying as of now. The original plan was to take Fri and Mon off. It's an 18hr drive and I have commitments for work that I cannot change to add two days to my trip to drive.

Unless this somehow corrects itself in days (odds near zero), we're not going. And our household makes up the flower girls and a bridesmaid. I'm getting plenty of guilt tripping about that already and I've only received two responses.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We're not flying as of now. The original plan was to take Fri and Mon off. It's an 18hr drive and I have commitments for work that I cannot change to add two days to my trip to drive.

Unless this somehow corrects itself in days (odds near zero), we're not going. And our household makes up the flower girls and a bridesmaid. I'm getting plenty of guilt tripping about that already and I've only received two responses.
sister in laws are over rated.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Well, my entire development team is quarantined at home, which sucks but is still manageable. But I'll be seriously screwed when I need to shut down the production side of the company. At least the German government has given an unlimited line of credit to all affected companies.

On the family side, I left the ladyfriend and daughter at the Baltic coast since it's very sparsely populated and preferable to having them in one of the country's largest cities. Looks like I'm also f*cked on that front since non residents will be forced to leave the area shortly and I'm 500 miles away. Good times.

Stay save monkeys.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After inacting social isolation rules King County (Seattle) being the US hot spot for Corona virus has a transmission rate somewhere about 15% daily. National Average is in the low 20s. Considering this is a major metropolitan area with reasonable population density, the rules are helping, but at 15% this isn't going away any time soon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Nice work, asshole.

I've been thinking about this quite a bit... why haven't we simply allowed the free market to take care of this issue? Perhaps Brian has some insight?
if i am not mistaken....kentucky has plenty of cave systems they could just drop that asshole into in the middle of the night....never to be heard from again

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I cant believe I still havent caught it. or maybe ive had it?
Mexico-Denver-Las Vegas-back home all from the end of Febuary.
We have the girls this week. This will be the true test. :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I cant believe I still havent caught it. or maybe ive had it?
Mexico-Denver-Las Vegas-back home all from the end of Febuary.
We have the girls this week. This will be the true test. :rofl:
Kids may get it and never show any symptoms. You gotta hit up the nursing homes to really see.