Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We go back to masks mandatory at REI tomorrow (until the local alerts go back to yellow). It seems that we are at a peak on new cases right now, not sure why. But the summer folk are here.
rei....in jackson hole....since when...?

Zillow house rentals....6k-40k a month...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If you think Covid is bad now, wait until big companies force everyone back in the office. My wife just got an email that everyone's expected to be back in the office at least 4 days a week (they call it a "hybrid" model :crazy: ) starting in early July.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you think Covid is bad now, wait until big companies force everyone back in the office. My wife just got an email that everyone's expected to be back in the office at least 4 days a week (they call it a "hybrid" model :crazy: ) starting in early July.
our hybrid ("flex") model is 3 days a week. thus far it isn't being strongly enforced. masking is not required, but vaccination is (i am aware of 2 people, including one PhD, that were terminated for non getting vaccinated)

edit: should note i still wear a mask when i'm in the office. i work in one of the smaller buildings, so sometimes i do forego it if there's like, 10 people in the building or something - and noone sitting in my aisle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
80 year old father with cancer tested positive. He sounded pretty bad on the phone but thankfully he said it felt like a bad head cold. He is more upset that this will force him to miss an appointment to possibly get into a clinical trial. Hopefully he can get it rescheduled.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Our model is 100% remote. You can elect to work in-person, but not required. I will likely end up doing total of 2-4 days/quarter onsite at some clients, but that's my elective.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How long is the post-positive delay until vaccine allowed?
Not sure that's well defined, especially since little kids don't mount such a strong immune response (which is also why they usually don't get so sick).

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I got it for the first time a couple weeks back. Got over it quick, but I’m still not 100%. Course I’ve been doing a bunch of stuff I don’t normally do, so I don’t know. Just sore muscles not recovering as quick.

my neighbors in bend got it, they weren’t vaxed and were way sicker. It scared them good. My buddy in Sacramento got it. My employee in San Diego also finally got it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I ended up getting a prescription for Paxlovid on Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday I was functional, but disgruntled. Thursday I was doing stuff, just sore, easily winded, and my throat was ruined. I could have worked, just not doing calls, if I really wanted to. Friday I was basically back to normal minus being a bit more tired than usual and no voice. I was doing work (including yard work) around the house all day. So got sick Mon night and back to normal by Saturday.

Wifey is still sick and she started showing symptoms a day after me.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Lot's of customers have had it (calls/emails to let us know they can't dropoff or collect workshop repairs is a weekly thing) but so far no one at work has caught it.
Just a matter of time though. :(

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Lot's of customers have had it (calls/emails to let us know they can't dropoff or collect workshop repairs is a weekly thing) but so far no one at work has caught it.
Just a matter of time though. :(
Saw your name up in lights on Cuba the other day.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Since Covid our neighbors have played music on their porch. It's a gentleman and his wife. Normally it would be annoying to awaken at 2am to loud music. But it is not loud or annoying. His guitar and her voice are pretty awesome. Nobody minds. It's the time they have. As parents. I have no interaction with them. I can sit in bed and listen to their dog howl in joy. They prefer to be left alone. I prefer to leave them alone. Tonight, they played Beatles songs. Paperback Writer and Rain. She sings the John parts, and he sings the Paul parts.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I ended up getting a prescription for Paxlovid on Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday I was functional, but disgruntled. Thursday I was doing stuff, just sore, easily winded, and my throat was ruined. I could have worked, just not doing calls, if I really wanted to. Friday I was basically back to normal minus being a bit more tired than usual and no voice. I was doing work (including yard work) around the house all day. So got sick Mon night and back to normal by Saturday.

Wifey is still sick and she started showing symptoms a day after me.
whats the deal with paxlovid

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
whats the deal with paxlovid
Oral antiviral (actually an antiviral and another one that potentiates it). Twice daily x 5 days. Efficacious against current strains. Recommended for anyone with symptomatic COVID and factors that’d increase risk, including overweight and obesity in addition to all the other more major things a la immunocompromise.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oral antiviral (actually an antiviral and another one that potentiates it). Twice daily x 5 days. Efficacious against current strains. Recommended for anyone with symptomatic COVID and factors that’d increase risk, including overweight and obesity in addition to all the other more major things a la immunocompromise.
bmi of 28.x, but mild symptoms.