Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
well, it's finally happened here too. My wife tested positive this morning. I have no symptoms as of yet, but will try very hard to avoid her for the next 5 days, until my river trip with the boy. if I miss this trip... well... I guess it'll be a continuation of 2020, 2021, and 2022. goddam fuck this stupid fucking bug.
Well, it's my turn. Started having symptoms yesterday at the movie theatre. luckily I was masked up.

River trip is out for me. I'm well and truly gutted. Luckily neither of my kids have it (we all tested this morning). I'm pretty sure my youngest had it about 10 days ago, and the oldest was at sleep-away camp until Saturday. He came back with a nasty cold but they tested him there and he was negative then too.

I hate this fucking bug. Fuck Covid.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well this is suboptimal. A week of random minor symptoms and I finally got the test result no one wants. I'd avoided it until now I think.
20220719_105406.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was 22 hours drive from home on a camping trip with that + result. Remaining on our trip were two days on Oakridge and two in Park City :(

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My girlfriend has definitely had lasting symptoms or affects from Covid, from back in January.

Whatever I had a week or two ago is still affecting me. I'm still coughing at night and in the morning. Tested negative, but still..
About 4 years ago, I got a crazy cough. It lasted the entire winter. I was taking puffers and the whole deal.

This happened 2 years in a row. Ultra crappy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well this is suboptimal. A week of random minor symptoms and I finally got the test result no one wants. I'd avoided it until now I think.
View attachment 179289
My parents, probably: “finally, some glorious natural immunity for you!”

I hope you shed it like water from a duck’s back. It didn’t seem to do much to me other than a lingering cough. Efficiency and all still at my baseline.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think that's what I have. And I got rocked. I'm in day 3 of being bed ridden now with:
  • (very) sore throat
  • bad cough
  • strong fever and heavy night sweats (I'm talking dripping down my chin onto my chest)
  • brain fog
"While it is perceived that newer variants like Omicron are milder, Omicron subvariant BA.2 was associated with reporting more symptoms, with greater disruption to daily activities, than the Omicron subvariant BA.1. "
source

maybe subvariant BA.5 has even more symptoms? I've always been susceptible to lung infections, I get bronchitis or bronchiolitis at least every other year, so maybe that's why I'm getting hit hard? I have both Vaxx's and my booster fwiw...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I still have very minor and infrequent symptoms and daily "brain fog", but for 7 months after first getting sick I had all sorts of erratic cardiopulmonary issues (wake up from a dead sleep with my heart at 150bpm, etc), inability to slow rapid breathing, head rushes that would take me off my feet. Cardiac tests showed nothing wrong physically with anything. The Dr. said "it's not the plumbing it's the wiring". :rolleyes: thanks, helpful.

This is all for the birds. Get vaccinated.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I still have very minor and infrequent symptoms and daily "brain fog", but for 7 months after first getting sick I had all sorts of erratic cardiopulmonary issues (wake up from a dead sleep with my heart at 150bpm, etc), inability to slow rapid breathing, head rushes that would take me off my feet. Cardiac tests showed nothing wrong physically with anything. The Dr. said "it's not the plumbing it's the wiring". :rolleyes: thanks, helpful.

This is all for the birds. Get vaccinated.
I feel like I still have some brain fog 5 months after having it and have noted a higher heart rate and easier fatigue (maybe I am just getting old too). Earl still has a nagging cough occasionally that's probably related. Also, I haven't slept really well since having it...not sure if that's related or just my Spring/summer don't sleep cycle.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My memory is still shot (can't recall names of people, places and things), but luckily my associative thinking is mostly intact. I even feel like I am having an opportunity to re-program my wiring a bit.
I have been dealing with some neurological issues in my arm and hand, not sure if related, but would not be surprised if connected. Or, I just may be getting effing old.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've gone through:
  • Sore throat
  • Slight runny nose
  • What could have been heartburn or my heart being funky
  • Head cold/runny nose
  • Sore throat/sinuses, tickly cough
  • Hacking up lungs
  • Sweats where I'm soaked
Do not recommend when you're on a mtb camping holiday.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Damn @6thElement, I hope you get out of the hospital and back on your feet soon.

Seems like I caught this shit bug at Eurobike, been symptomatic and testing positive for two days. So far it’s been very flu like and I sure hope it doesn’t get worse from here.