Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fever broken and feeling better, definitely had every symptom run through me in the last few days, fatigue, joint pain, nausea, diarrhea, head fog, headache, congestion, cough, sweats, chills, etc.
Have you tried chugging some Pepto Bismol?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
daughter is complaining of a sore throat and being tired and achey, says it started yesterday. tested negative. but FSP. we are ~2 weeks out from a beach vacation.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
First off, hoping @6thElement a speedy recovery!

Just had my first bout with Covid while in Europe a month ago. Had all the nasty symptoms with the exception of a sore throat. Sill have a random cough through out the day and get tired easily.

Had the first 3 vaccines (Maderna) but did not get double boosted because of the side effects that seemed to follow my second dose and booster. Symptoms lasted 2-3 months after the vaccine which were chest pains and lack of energy especially while riding (like complete bonking). Went to the Dr. She did an EKG which was normal, no sign of afib. The following week did a stress test which was good and followed it up with a Calcium-Score Screening which detected no plaque build up in which I'm thrilled @ 56 with a family history of heart disease. The Cardiologist said this may have been a result from the vaccine, but still not a lot of data out as of yet. So I'm backing off the vaccine for a while. Figure I have some immunity from covid. I'm going to hold off to maybe 1 to 2 doses on the vaccine a year until more data is available. Got my booster a week before Xmas, and will probably wait until Sept/Oct to get boosted when I get my annual flu shot. Has anyone else or know of someone who had similar experiences after getting the vaccine?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My test was showing positive as soon as I dropped the goop in the box. Not 15 minutes later or whatever. That was quite surprising given all the previous negative tests I’ve taken. The aches were no joke too. “Everything hurts”

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
First off, hoping @6thElement a speedy recovery!

Just had my first bout with Covid while in Europe a month ago. Had all the nasty symptoms with the exception of a sore throat. Sill have a random cough through out the day and get tired easily.

Had the first 3 vaccines (Maderna) but did not get double boosted because of the side effects that seemed to follow my second dose and booster. Symptoms lasted 2-3 months after the vaccine which were chest pains and lack of energy especially while riding (like complete bonking). Went to the Dr. She did an EKG which was normal, no sign of afib. The following week did a stress test which was good and followed it up with a Calcium-Score Screening which detected no plaque build up in which I'm thrilled @ 56 with a family history of heart disease. The Cardiologist said this may have been a result from the vaccine, but still not a lot of data out as of yet. So I'm backing off the vaccine for a while. Figure I have some immunity from covid. I'm going to hold off to maybe 1 to 2 doses on the vaccine a year until more data is available. Got my booster a week before Xmas, and will probably wait until Sept/Oct to get boosted when I get my annual flu shot. Has anyone else or know of someone who had similar experiences after getting the vaccine?
Correlation and causation? One of our clients just work up a few weeks ago with a heart condition “out of nowhere”, in decent shape, etc.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Correlation and causation? One of our clients just work up a few weeks ago with a heart condition “out of nowhere”, in decent shape, etc.
Who knows. Just strange that I had the same symptoms after the last 2 vaccines. Just a coincidence? Maybe. Dr.'s can't seem to find anything abnormal with all the tests and scans done. Thing is, these vaccines were rushed out and no one knows what the possible side effects are. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't FDA approval typically 8-10 years? I'm not anti-vaccine, but just wondering if this can be attributed to the Covid vaccine? Again, cardiologist says it's possible but not enough data out yet to say for sure.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Who knows. Just strange that I had the same symptoms after the last 2 vaccines. Just a coincidence? Maybe. Dr.'s can't seem to find anything abnormal with all the tests and scans done. Thing is, these vaccines were rushed out and no one knows what the possible side effects are. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't FDA approval typically 8-10 years? I'm not anti-vaccine, but just wondering if this can be attributed to the Covid vaccine? Again, cardiologist says it's possible but not enough data out yet to say for sure.
I also had a seemingly related reaction to a flu vaccine a few years back. Got it in the morning. Was feeling cold that afternoon and went home early. Realized halfway home that I had my heat on max and electric seats on max, which I can’t stand in any normal situation. At home I had the chills bad all night and finally broke through about mid-day the next, better than the full blown flu I suppose. Haven’t had that happen since with multiple flu vaccines.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thing is, these vaccines were rushed out.
the vaccines weren't rushed, the underlying technology (mrna vaccines) has been in development for decades. This was just the first instance they've been put to actual widespread use. yes they were created - and properly evaluated - in record time, but that's because it was literally an all hands on deck, money is no object initiative due to a global public health crisis.

no one knows what the possible side effects are.
every single covid vaccine that got an EAU went through phase III clinicals. the entire point of phase III clinical trials is to evaluate a drug/vaccine in an actual human population. one of the primary objects of phase III is to assess possible side effects, their rate of occurrence, identify any conditions that may trigger one of the side effects, and to weigh whether or not any clinical benefit (efficacy) outweighs the potential risks of side effects.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't FDA approval typically 8-10 years?
drug development yes, FDA approval no. under normal circumstances, it does take nearly a decade to collect the required data to submit to the FDA for review / approval. the normal FDA review process can take up to 2 years, but for an EUA it is expedited, and was completed in a few months for the various covid vaccines. one of the reasons (as i mentioned above) that the vaccines were able to be developed so quickly is that mrna vaccine technology has been in development since the 1970's.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
It's way easier to put that moran on Ignore. Just sayin'. At the least, don't quote his disingenuous nonsense.
One can only hope to head the gifted class as you have. What's disingenuous? Questioning a vaccine that has these possible side effects that I've experienced and no one has an answer for? I know, you love being a internet tough guy cause that's all you got. No worries, no hate here.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I also had a seemingly related reaction to a flu vaccine a few years back. Got it in the morning. Was feeling cold that afternoon and went home early. Realized halfway home that I had my heat on max and electric seats on max, which I can’t stand in any normal situation. At home I had the chills bad all night and finally broke through about mid-day the next, better than the full blown flu I suppose. Haven’t had that happen since with multiple flu vaccines.
Yes, I've had reactions flu vaccines, shingles booster as well as the Covid second shot & booster which lasted for a few days and was gone. I know there has been cases of of younger males having issues with enlarged hearts shortly after the vaccine, but went away quicker. Here is something I just found, less common in someone my age, but apparently not out of the question. Its the repeated chest pains and lack of energy for 2-3 months after each of the last 2 vaccines which has me scratching my head. I had Covid 3+ weeks ago and other than a random cough and some tiredness, no chest pain. Went to N* last Sat and other than getting tired quicker than normal, heart felt good. Doing a 15 mile trail ride tomorrow for the first time so it well be interesting.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yes, I've had reactions flu vaccines, shingles booster as well as the Covid second shot & booster which lasted for a few days and was gone. I know there has been cases of of younger males having issues with enlarged hearts shortly after the vaccine, but went away quicker. Here is something I just found, less common in someone my age, but apparently not out of the question. Its the repeated chest pains and lack of energy for 2-3 months after each of the last 2 vaccines which has me scratching my head. I had Covid 3+ weeks ago and other than a random cough and some tiredness, no chest pain. Went to N* last Sat and other than getting tired quicker than normal, heart felt good. Doing a 15 mile trail ride tomorrow for the first time so it well be interesting.

Well it’s at 8000’.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm fully aware SS. Man you're one tough little buckaroo though! You definitely are intimidating behind that keyboard, but then again par for the course. My son just moved to the Denver area so I'll be there more frequently. Let's meet for a few beers, I'll even buy!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
This conversation was never about getting/not getting the vaccine. It was a question of, if someone else has experience possible side effects that have lasted beyond the typical week our two. Never once mentioned being anti-vax, just going off personal experience and seeing a cardiologist for various tests ( I've had 3 shots to date). Just seems like a few on here freak out if questions are asked going across their grain because God forbid, they could be wrong and would never want to open their minds to "it's possible".

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This conversation was never about getting/not getting the vaccine. It was a question of, if someone else has experience possible side effects that have lasted beyond the typical week our two. Never once mentioned being anti-vax, just going off personal experience and seeing a cardiologist for various tests. Just seems like a few on here freak out if questions are asked going across their grain because God forbid, they could be wrong and would never want to open their minds to "it's possible".
I’m not sure why you quoted my post and responded the way you did, but if you interpreted me posting that article as being directed at you… it was not. It was just a recently written opinion article penned by a virologist that I felt was relevant to the overall discussion in this thread.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This conversation was never about getting/not getting the vaccine. It was a question of, if someone else has experience possible side effects that have lasted beyond the typical week our two. Never once mentioned being anti-vax, just going off personal experience and seeing a cardiologist for various tests ( I've had 3 shots to date). Just seems like a few on here freak out if questions are asked going across their grain because God forbid, they could be wrong and would never want to open their minds to "it's possible".
The thing about singular events though is that they aren’t indicative of the data on the whole. There was a good part on NPR a few days ago on this phenomenon. People are more inclined to dismiss findings across large populations based on unique experiences…but those unique experiences are not supported by data. Doesn’t mean they don’t happen, just that you can’t be making decisions as if that experience is as valid as the population/valid data, if you don’t want to succumb to these false pretenses.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I’m not sure why you quoted my post and responded the way you did, but if you interpreted me posting that article as being directed at you… it was not. It was just a recently written opinion article penned by a virologist that I felt was relevant to the overall discussion in this thread.
It was based on the tough little tike's response. No worries, just a few here get their panties in a wad quite easily if I have a response that doesn't align with their views. It's all good:cheers:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The thing about singular events though is that they aren’t indicative of the data on the whole. There was a good part on NPR a few days ago on this phenomenon. People are more inclined to dismiss findings across large populations based on unique experiences…but those unique experiences are not supported by data. Doesn’t mean they don’t happen, just that you can’t be making decisions as if that experience is as valid as the population/valid data, if you don’t want to succumb to these false pretenses.
I also never said I wouldn't get another vaccine, I said probably when I get my yearly flu shot within the next several months. I mentioned some time ago an acquaintance of mine's sister passed away shortly after getting the J&J vaccine when it was first available. Coincidence? Maybe, but she was relatively healthy, not overweight or diabetic and passed away out of the blue. Not sure what the autopsy showed, if anything or if it was even related. Yes, there is not a lot of data & I may in fact be an anomaly. I didn't think much of it after my second shot in May 2021 & just dealt with it. It went away around mid/late July. Received my booster December 2021 a week before Xmas. Same symptoms appear two weeks after the shot on a ride and lasted until early April when I went to Dr's for continued chest pain and low energy mainly while exercising.

So I held off getting double boosted, got covid in Europe and felt like shit for a few days and then felt about 80% better right after that (wife got it too shortly after me, same amount of shots and lasted longer). A buddy of mine unvaccinated went to Europe a week after me, him and his wife both wore N95 masks on the plane, trains and around large gatherings in London and still came home with it. They both recovered quicker than me with less symptoms, so go figure.