Quantcast

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
that depresses the hell out of me :disgust:

Paxlovid started last night. No obvious impact yet now 2 doses in, other than everything that I eat and drink tasting like a metal. My previous long covid was one reason Dr. wanted me to take this, it supposed to reduce chances of that happening again. I'll probably be a train wreck in 10 years (not that I wouldn't have been anyway)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
that depresses the hell out of me :disgust:
Me too. It’s even more depressing that it seems to be almost completely ignored by the media.

Best of luck with the druqs. Are you taking an anti-inflammatory too?

This is fully anecdotal but I know one guy (mtber) who had quite severe long covid symptoms who eventually got great relief by starving himself for four days straight. Sort of ties in with the viral reservoir / importance of biome ideas but still just a single data point, and it seems to vary in different people which systems ate most impacted.

Me too. It’s even more depressing that it seems to be almost completely ignored by the media.

Best of luck with the druqs. Are you taking an anti-inflammatory too?

This is fully anecdotal but I know one guy (mtber) who had quite severe long covid symptoms who eventually got great relief by starving himself for four days straight. Sort of ties in with the viral reservoir / importance of biome ideas but still just a single data point, and it seems to vary in different people which systems ate most impacted.
Or one could try not breathing for four days straight. :bonk:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
ask your Dr. if you can get Paxlovid. I credit it with making my 2nd round much easier than the first.
Thanks Nick. Right after I tested positive at home I got tested at a Dr. office and requested it. I’m three doses in. I think I feel a “bit” better in the last hour or so. Hoping it’s not temporary.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Fever/chills/sweats (somewhat subsiding). Super sore throat. Coughing up a bunch of crap (painfully).

0/10 absolutely do not recommend.
had something similar last week, less coughing but also was super achy for a day or two. now lingering headache and congestion. wife and me both tested but didn't show covid...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Uggh. Wife just tested positive (no symptoms and I hope it stays that way).

Daughter says she doesn’t feel good but is negative.

Last edited: