Quantcast

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I mean the crisis is and should be just about over, but I'm ambivalent on the booster. I got mine and the last time covid tore through my house I was 100% fine. Wife and son got it but not bad. I feel like people are doing it right for the most part- masks in Dr's offices but let it go otherwise.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
most of the skilled nursing facilities are still requiring masks to enter but they are not having covid outbreaks. Myself, I will continue to mask up with clients on board and anytime I go into markets or restaurants. I'm so used to masking up that I feel that same unease that I get if I don't buckle my seatbelt as soon as I get in a car. I figure what the hell wearing an n95 and getting my shots kept me from getting sick in my line of work (any sick not just covid) and only mild pollen allergies why stop now.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
There's an article about this somewhere... a lot of people just retired.
My dermatologist effectively did. Older guy. Probably a decent amount of wealth. His name is still on the business but he doesn’t come in.

That is a single data point, but I’d assume several boomer and boomer-adjacent folks figured out how to retire early and use alternative/passive income to support themselves.

As for Covid, I’m mostly behaving as if it’s gone, but I still have some hesitation about crowds. I’m unmasked at the gym, grocery store, and restaurants. Some of my docs are still enforcing masks, but others are relaxing. I’ve seen several folks going to movies and concerts, but I’m just not ready to go into such places. I’ve also stepped away from concerts because of some hearing sensitivity issues.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If they called it transvalent more republicans would die off.
Freedom, of course.

Read a random trail update from a bisexual hiker from VT that was shocked at how prevalent and racism and homophobia are in the South. Claimed that a gay couple was denied bunk house lodging at a hostel and her shuttle driver made comments about transgenders and kids.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My parents had an interesting story they told me last week, when I was visiting. During the height of the epidemic, there was a volunteer couple serving as docent/caretakers at the campground just across the road, where my Dad likes to take his dog to walk and play. The wife got the vax. The husband was absolutely anti-vax, my-body, microchips, etc. Well, he got infected and died pretty fast. I'd like to ask that guy how it's working out, but oh well. It's interesting though that on this one topic, this experience overcomes the BS of OAN, Newsmax and all the other crap he views daily. He has a background in medicine, but I found it odd that he was actually supporting vaxxing given everything else...well now I know why. He was pretty humbled to admit how he personally knew this guy that up and died from it due to not getting vaccinated.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My county stopped tracking Covid recently. Numbers are universally low except for vaccinated old people who are still dying from it at a rate of about 1% per year.

A small but not insiginifant number of people are still 100% masked up around here, to which I have no problem.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Well it finally happened.
After a bit over 3 years I caught Covid for the 1st time.
Tested positive last night, I'm pretty sure I caught it when I had to spend all of Thursday at Bowen house in select committee room #2...... filthy bloody political people! :shakefist:
IMG_0049.jpg

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I thought all NZ residents who tested positive were immediately evacuated off-island via trebuchet.

I still mask in public places where I don't actually have to put something into my mouth. Seems like a trivial inconvenience to me. The acute symptoms of the variants have diminished but AFAIK there's still a lot that's unknown about long-term effects after some initial suggestions that it was correlated with increased risk for heart disease.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
ex rescue swimmer..... I just swam back to shore when they weren't looking. ;)
The heart thing is the bit that worries me to be honest, I've already got a faulty unit, so am hyper wary of further damage to it.
Still at the moment the Covid symptoms are already receding after 48hrs, and now I'm in danger of death by cabin fever.

Last edited:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Finally got in the way of this, arrived back in Japan Monday night last week from Wydaho and by Thursday was coming down with something, a little souvenir from your fine country I suspect. Still worth every bit of discomfort to have been able to spend a couple of weeks riding there. Wasn't a bit I didn't enjoy, especially seeing me old mucker Partsy who is absolutely crushing it on 2 wheels and would resemble a racing snake if he stayed off the Tecates. I may be the first person in history to go to the US from Japan and come back having lost weight. First time I'd spent any decent amount of time at altitude and I could feel myself getting fitter by the day, Most of the rest of the time was spent drinking beer and eating gummies. Nearly the perfect holiday. Great riding but better people, didn't meet anyone not welcoming or friendly. And the scenery, those mountains, superb. I'm sure there are plenty of places with well hidden charms over there but I was not in one of those places. Love to go back.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Finally got in the way of this, arrived back in Japan Monday night last week from Wydaho and by Thursday was coming down with something, a little souvenir from your fine country I suspect. Still worth every bit of discomfort to have been able to spend a couple of weeks riding there. Wasn't a bit I didn't enjoy, especially seeing me old mucker Partsy who is absolutely crushing it on 2 wheels and would resemble a racing snake if he stayed off the Tecates. I may be the first person in history to go to the US from Japan and come back having lost weight. First time I'd spent any decent amount of time at altitude and I could feel myself getting fitter by the day, Most of the rest of the time was spent drinking beer and eating gummies. Nearly the perfect holiday. Great riding but better people, didn't meet anyone not welcoming or friendly. And the scenery, those mountains, superb. I'm sure there are plenty of places with well hidden charms over there but I was not in one of those places. Love to go back.
Nice! Where is Partsy these days? Last I'd heard he was in the Sierra foothills somewhere...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Nice! Where is Partsy these days? Last I'd heard he was in the Sierra foothills somewhere...
I posted a pic somewhere that should give you a few hints. Partsy has sworn off RM because of the blowhard cunts all over the place so I best not say directly where he is. But Wydaho is a decent hint.