Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The whole country has been quarantined here, for 15 days. Plus all international and most inter-city travel has been effectively banned.

Nobody goes to work (unless you are in the food/health/energy/telcom industry), all schools have shut down... and I came to the office basically to deal with some paperwork... and then telecommute for 2 weeks.

Restaurants, bars and everything non-essential has been shut down. The army is on the streets, and unless you have a permit to work (from said industries) or are going to buy food/medicines, they will send you back home.
I can’t even imagine what the ratio of people to hospital beds that could handle an advanced covid case in Lima is.
I hope you and yours stay healthy!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I think it's hilarious that I can only remember seeing Ireland in the news twice in my recent memory.

3/15/2020 - Pubs in Ireland asked to close due to Coronavirus.

3/16/2020 - Irish developed testing kit to confirm Coronavirus in 15 minutes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I think it's hilarious that I can only remember seeing Ireland in the news twice in my recent memory.

3/15/2020 - Pubs in Ireland asked to close due to Coronavirus.

3/16/2020 - Irish developed testing kit to confirm Coronavirus in 15 minutes.
"assay genie"

:rofl:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
The number of hospital beds doesn't fucking matter. It's the amount of direct care (and ancillary) staff that is the important thing.

Fill all the beds you want. No staff/not enough PPE for that staff? And when that staff begins to fall ill?

I love what I do, but I am not going to put myself and my family at risk beyond the norms of my work. We run out of PPE? I'm going home. My altruism extends only so far.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
The number of hospital beds doesn't fucking matter. It's the amount of direct care (and ancillary) staff that is the important thing.

Fill all the beds you want. No staff/not enough PPE for that staff? And when that staff begins to fall ill?

I love what I do, but I am not going to put myself and my family at risk beyond the norms of my work. We run out of PPE? I'm going home. My altruism extends only so far.
However, you might already have it, and be asymptomatic...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In an amusing side-note, Haley is currently playing Oregon Trail. They are dying of contagious diseases and she's just laughing about it.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
However, you might already have it, and be asymptomatic...
But of course.

My point still stands. I will keep working until 1: I am either compromised due to being infected, suspected or otherwise and need to quarantine. Or enough contact to make me suspect.

2. We are out of PPE/my institution can no longer provide appropriate PPE.

3. I am no longer able/too tired to work in a safe enough way to ensure the safety of me and mine.

Until such a time as we have the capability to test all of us on the front lines, then this is what I am able to do.

We've had a + case in my unit for over a week. I took care of this patient the first night, being incredibly anal about my use of PPE. Symptom free at the moment. Yes, the means fuck all, but it's what I've got for now.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Let 'em collapse. The monopolies should have been broken up the last 3 times they went bankrupt. There used to be dozens of regional airlines in the US. Now there are what - 6 national carriers?
Sure. They'll "collapse" like GM did, hire a new president/CEO and continue to provide a shitty product

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
But of course.

My point still stands. I will keep working until 1: I am either compromised due to being infected, suspected or otherwise and need to quarantine. Or enough contact to make me suspect.

2. We are out of PPE/my institution can no longer provide appropriate PPE.

3. I am no longer able/too tired to work in a safe enough way to ensure the safety of me and mine.

Until such a time as we have the capability to test all of us on the front lines, then this is what I am able to do.

We've had a + case in my unit for over a week. I took care of this patient the first night, being incredibly anal about my use of PPE. Symptom free at the moment. Yes, the means fuck all, but it's what I've got for now.
+all the reps for front line medical staff

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Doctor Drew says...
God, I hope people like this get called out after the fact if it does end up being substantial...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@eric strt6 .......any police you know wearing masks like yours seeing as how they have to get up close and personal with john q public?