Quantcast

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Italy is hovering around an 8% mortality rate as of today vs total cases. Damn.
There was a piece in La Republica today about how Italian scientists believe that 50 - 75% of cases remain asymptomatic. And even if it’s not quite as many, it’s reasonable to assume a large number of infections remain unreported.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
There was a piece in La Republica today about how Italian scientists believe that 50 - 75% of cases remain asymptomatic. And even if it’s not quite as many, it’s reasonable to assume a large number of infections remain unreported.
Yea. I keep forgetting that. Thx for a perspective check.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Yea. I keep forgetting that. Thx for a perspective check.
That Italian figure is much higher than what I’ve seen reported in the past, so it did look a lot worse before. And unfortunately Toshi‘s point remains true: people are dying because there’s not enough equipment and personnel.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not so sure about it. Correct me if I am wrong: the law is going pretty far and suspending some basic rights without a distinct end date. Under normal circumstances this would be a clear case for contesting it in court. At the press conference of the prime minister today she dodged the questions of the journalists about it and only said that she has the same concerns and has to weigh the different goods.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Actually, knowing Lima, I doubt it. Alexis?
Well.... shit escalated quickly. The whole country is under full lockout. The army is blocking most major streets and you cant move unless you carry a valid permit.

I´ve been told there are less than 250 UCI bed with respirator/ventilators in the entire country.
No wonder the government enacted full lockdown so quickly.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well.... shit escalated quickly. The whole country is under full lockout. The army is blocking most major streets and you cant move unless you carry a valid permit.

I´ve been told there are less than 250 UCI bed with respirator/ventilators in the entire country.
No wonder the government enacted full lockdown so quickly.
Cripey.
stay safe.
how are they handling groceries?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Cripey.
stay safe.
how are they handling groceries?
Supermarkets, gas stations, health and telcom/news and trucking companies directly related to those can operate.
There is still food/supplies at supermarkets. Government said food/health supply chain will be protected.