Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went to the lcbo tonight (our Gov't run liquor store) and wow, they were being aggressive at the cash registers telling people to stay back, you're too close etc etc. But none of the employees had any ppe or anything. One even rubbed her face after bagging all my beer...which I handled. I get the social distancing thing and all, but the one lady had the angry agitated face going....calm down.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Went to the lcbo tonight (our Gov't run liquor store) and wow, they were being aggressive at the cash registers telling people to stay back, you're too close etc etc. But none of the employees had any ppe or anything. One even rubbed her face after bagging all my beer...which I handled. I get the social distancing thing and all, but the one lady had the angry agitated face going....calm down.
would you like her job?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
No. If they can't protect their employees then they should close. Theres no reason to put people in harm's way....or to act in a panicked fashion.
SO works for the SAQ. They have no respect for their employees. Do not provide any protections or cleaning anything and clients are being dicks. One guy in Bromont was interviewed saying he was back from vacation and had the CV and was going in quarantine. 10 minutes later he was buying booze at the SAQ. Caught on camera. Another threw paper money at a cashier after she refused it (card payment only) and left with his bottle. GVT closed down Loto QC but not SAQ cause people need their booze, so essential.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Just saw a video of the National guard train loaded with what looked like humvees rolling through down town San Diego.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
^supplement the police for the shut down (looters and stay the eff home) plus set up the mash tent hospitals for when the regular hospitals get overwhelmed
likely, and the border. Went down to work today by the border. Amazed me how many people are still out. Had to drop off payroll, am sick so never got out of truck.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
^supplement the police for the shut down (looters and stay the eff home) plus set up the mash tent hospitals for when the regular hospitals get overwhelmed
I,ve read miami is fulm of spring breakers and most of the US is not under lockdown as of today, with 16k infected.

Holy shit, brace for a world of hurt.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
SO works for the SAQ. They have no respect for their employees. Do not provide any protections or cleaning anything and clients are being dicks. One guy in Bromont was interviewed saying he was back from vacation and had the CV and was going in quarantine. 10 minutes later he was buying booze at the SAQ. Caught on camera. Another threw paper money at a cashier after she refused it (card payment only) and left with his bottle. GVT closed down Loto QC but not SAQ cause people need their booze, so essential.
I have no idea what this all means...but I just picked up some Hibiki Whisky at Costco.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I,ve read miami is fulm of spring breakers and most of the US is not under lockdown as of today, with 16k infected.

Holy shit, brace for a world of hurt.
The South is going to get fucking hammered in about 3-4 weeks. 1-2 weeks for the idiots to take it home and spread it around, then another +1-2 weeks for it to develop in those they spread it to. Southern states are doing fuck all for the most part too...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
To be fair, it would be just as effective to quarantine all of Florida.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
The South is going to get fucking hammered in about 3-4 weeks. 1-2 weeks for the idiots to take it home and spread it around, then another +1-2 weeks for it to develop in those they spread it to. Southern states are doing fuck all for the most part too...
For perspective.
2 weeks ago in Spain, against common sense, the local authoritiea green-lighted a single day women’s day parade. 120k people showed up.
It kicked started the infections seen today.

And that was a single day event, in a single city.
When everything is said and done... those extra infections so early in the epidemic, would end up costing several thousands lives, thanks to the magic of the compound interest.

Whats going on right now in southern florida is the hindenburg tragedy x1000 in really slow motion; but seems few people are batting an eye

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
For perspective.
2 weeks ago in Spain, against common sense, the local authoritiea green-lighted a single day women’s day parade. 120k people showed up.
It kicked started the infections seen today.

And that was a single day event, in a single city.
When everything is said and done... those extra infections so early in the epidemic, would end up costing several thousands lives, thanks to the magic of the compound interest.

Whats going on right now in southern florida is the hindenburg tragedy x1000 in really slow motion; but seems few people are batting an eye
Yeah. Women. Amirite

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Well... i was thinking why is the US just watching the shitstorm unfold without much fuss.

My take.
1) Trump
2) lack of social safety network. When lockdowns were enacted in other countries, a mix of the following meassures (or all at once) were taken.
layoffs were prohibited by law, companies would cover the payrolls (for 2 weeks), the gvmt would give direct financial assistance, and all financial institutions would have to defer payments/refinancw by law; and all health coverage /testing related to coronavirus would be essentialy covered without out-of pocket expenses by socialized healthcare.

Martial law would take place, and people not complying would be arrested.

Without such drastic meassures, I dont see how a significant lockdown could happen and infection rates be controlled.
On the same page, I also dont see how such meassures could be implemented in the US given the culture.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Well... i was thinking why is the US just watching the shitstorm unfold without much fuss.

My take.
1) Trump
2) lack of social safety network. When lockdowns were enacted in other countries, a mix of the following meassures (or all at once) were taken.
layoffs were prohibited by law, companies would cover the payrolls (for 2 weeks), the gvmt would give direct financial assistance, and all financial institutions would have to defer payments/refinancw by law; and all health coverage /testing related to coronavirus would be essentialy covered without out-of pocket expenses by socialized healthcare.

Without such drastic meassures, I dont see how a significant lockdown could happen and infection rates be controlled.
On the same page, I also dont see how such meassures could be implemented in the US given the culture.
We're a bunch of obstinate dumb fucks who resent being told what to do, even when it is clearly in our best interest.

Trying to enforce martial law here would result in multiple armed conflicts.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Its true. Thats pretty much the textbook excuse 2nd ammendment nutjobs are waiting for to act upon the imaginary showdowns they have been wet-dreaming for years.

now, on a more serious note
anybody seen the study from the imperial college london on the death forecast for the UK and the US?

They are talking about 2.2 million casualties in a no-hard meassures scenerio for the US.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
This shit ain't like the flu. I felt like took some shitty research chemical for two days. Dizzy and confused. Lost in a fog. Never had anything like it. Feeling better today. I'm back to shitposting.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Just had a conversation with someone who actually believes Covid 19 is still a hoax.
That people are just getting the flu and that its being exagerated in the media in order to get everybody on lockdown in order for the NWO to install some sort of weapon into modems and routers world wide so they can make people sick or kill them in the future...

Im really tempted to just kill this person myself right now.
:banghead:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We're a bunch of obstinate dumb fucks who resent being told what to do, even when it is clearly in our best interest.

US/CND border closed as of midnight. Good luck Muricans!

In the general discussion, a shortage of ventilators has been noted. It is interesting to me, because my advance health care directive dictates that such measures not be used. we have a practice and a mythology of "heroic" medical measures being a Good Thing, and this is part of the basis of how we are responding, or not, to the COVID-19 phenomenon. I'd as soon let folks die off and have the effort and focus be on palliative care and things we normally should be, but aren't doing, such as making sure that people are fed, housed, and educated, irrespective of "wealth".

Edit: Oh, yeah, and on limiting breeding...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
With COVID one can definitely be on a vent for a few days then recover if not with too many co-morbidities at baseline.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

My take.
1) Trump

peoples hitler fantasies would be reality.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado