Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So, Denver monkeys, did the mayor really announce a closure of liquor stores and breweries, cause a panic, and then rescind the order? Hearing different things.
The same thing happened briefly here yesterday as well. The province announced that all non essential business are to close at the end of today, but didn't give the list of what those businesses are. People lined up at the liquor and beer stores...

Now it's been cleared up that they wont close.

On that note, here's the list: https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5507687

Sounds like my workplace can stay open as we fall under that manufacturing heading. Lady friends is questionable, but they provide medical services for animals so who knows.

Also looks like a lot of other places will remain open as they'll have a way to stay open. So basically malls and leisure activities are closed...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's the point. Now that it's a money cow they rather put the employees at risk and keep raking in the cash. SAQ (provincial liquor board) here is also open.
no one is *forcing* them to stay open. they're just not being forced to close.

my state closed the liquor stores (which are state run).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not really sure what the point of the condo building covering up these buttons are... The metal is probably cleaner than the raggy ass plastic.
Easier to clean, but yeah, stuff lives longer on plastic than metal surfaces. Copper and silver do a nice job of killing shit.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So, Denver monkeys, did the mayor really announce a closure of liquor stores and breweries, cause a panic, and then rescind the order? Hearing different things.
Basically, yes.

Although the breweries were already closed for on premise consumption, they were open for selling to go beer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nothing new here but a good reiteration of where we are, why Trump's desire to reopen the world is premature, and what we need:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nothing new here but a good reiteration of where we are, why Trump's desire to reopen the world is premature, and what we need:

Probably a lib or Chinese conspirator.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
those dumb fuck celebrities all singing imagine from their mansions to make the masses feel better...
Yeah got me half an hour later. That vid made me sad since I liked some of those people and now I think they are all clueless morons. Like yeah seeing you sing in your super fancy house and being financially secure really helps me here.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Day 7 of lockdown in le France. Restrictions have been tightened. You can leave your house once per day to either buy groceries, exercise within 1 km of your house, or bury a dead relative. €135 fine if you don’t have your paperwork.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Day 7 of lockdown in le France. Restrictions have been tightened. You can leave your house once per day to either buy groceries, exercise within 1 km of your house, or bury a dead relative. €135 fine if you don’t have your paperwork.
and yet no one in the states would tolerate this...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

thankfully many of the shelter in place requirements are being issued at the state level.

1585076501805.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river