Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Urgent Care has said they will now come assess whether they will request a test for me. I think it was the coughing up blood part... 3 fucking days after you're not sick enough.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Urgent Care has said they will now come assess whether they will request a test for me. I think it was the coughing up blood part... 3 fucking days after you're not sick enough.
would your health condition not make you count as 'vulnerable population'?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Im wondering if I should isolate from the girls next week, they have been at their bio-dad's & he is not taking any precautions & they are at sleepovers this week. wtf?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Im wondering if I should isolate from the girls next week, they have been at their bio-dad's & he is not taking any precautions & they are at sleepovers this week. wtf?
tell the girlfriend to shut that shit down or they can self quarantine for two weeks....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Silver lining.
While I do hear many people talking about the problems of not having as much income while this is going on, I haven’t heard many people talk about the benefits of not having certain expenses. For example, I have a friend who is fortunate enough to be able to work from home. She also has a significant amount of credit card debt. Her income stream is going to be consistent, but now her expenses are going to be reduced. She no longer has to fill up her gas tank twice a week driving for work and various errands. No invites out eat out or go for drinks with friends. No haircuts, or yoga classes. The imposed austerity could help her pay down some bills over the coming weeks or months. Maybe not completely pay things off, but at least make a dent.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Silver lining.
While I do hear many people talking about the problems of not having as much income while this is going on, I haven’t heard many people talk about the benefits of not having certain expenses. For example, I have a friend who is fortunate enough to be able to work from home. She also has a significant amount of credit card debt. Her income stream is going to be consistent, but now her expenses are going to be reduced. She no longer has to fill up her gas tank twice a week driving for work and various errands. No invites out eat out or go for drinks with friends. No haircuts, or yoga classes. The imposed austerity could help her pay down some bills over the coming weeks or months. Maybe not completely pay things off, but at least make a dent.
I feel someone is living above their pay grade.

I'm stunned at the amount of people that are near broke just after missing a month's pay.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
would your health condition not make you count as 'vulnerable population'?
Technically, yes. But my age says no. Dr assuming I have it and I'm getting chest x-rays for pneumonia shortly.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I feel someone is living above their pay grade.

I'm stunned at the amount of people that are near broke just after missing a month's pay.
Given what I know of this friend, the credit card debt is a combo of unfortunate events and a bit of opting to occasionally indulge, though nothing extravagant. I’m not going to post their laundry here to defend or explain, but it’s really not that dirty nor egregious. She’s also not the only person I know in this situation. I simply used one person as an anecdotal example.

I know I’m coming out the other side of this better off financially (aside from the investment value impact, which I expect will grow back to where it was). Same monthly income. Zero fun spending. Just groceries.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've spent a fraction of my typical monthly budget over the past month, and I've effectively quit drinking again between being sick twice and the impending doom. I don't think I've bought gas in 3 weeks either.
gas went down another 5 cents near me...cheaper than SC gas prices....which is amazing....

one end of town... 1.59.....other end.... 1.91

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Big one for us is not paying daycare for our older one. That's a grand a month right there. Plus reduced bills and spending. No eating out, very little gas. I'm still going to work at the FD and the wife is working from home, plus helping my oldest with school stuff.

That Vacmaster is already paying itself off. Timing was most excellent. Making some more beef jerky tonight...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
View attachment 142547

This is what I think is the most useful resource for Americans at the moment. State-level death counts and doubling times.

Local practices are divergent, thus country-level data may be misleading.

In related news - some dumbfucks in a nearby 'hood are painting "Easter egg" rocks and hiding them at a local park for kids to go and fucking "find" - people are finding them, picking them up, drawing on them, taking pictures, re-hiding them for more people to do the same fucking shit.

Maybe this should go in the "no hope for humanity" thread. :disgust:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Big one for us is not paying daycare for our older one. That's a grand a month right there. Plus reduced bills and spending. No eating out, very little gas. I'm still going to work at the FD and the wife is working from home, plus helping my oldest with school stuff.

That Vacmaster is already paying itself off. Timing was most excellent. Making some more beef jerky tonight...
between family gym memberships, various kids lessons, preschool, not driving, that's probably gonna be an extra $1200 not spent a month for us.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Silver lining.
there's always this

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
between family gym memberships, various kids lessons, preschool, not driving, that's probably gonna be an extra $1200 not spent a month for us.
I'm prob guessing $2k a month for us. Daycare, no eating out at all, I'm working at our EOC for the city and getting meals provided since we can't leave, only me using gas and minimally, no extra kids activities (trampoline park, indoor playgrounds, etc). I've been cooking kick ass meals all the time and just running the CNC when I got time.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It might end up looking like Walking Dead when all these ladies start coming out of their houses without their hair did, manis and pedis and everything else...

At least the shaving your head club has its benefits right now.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I've cut it short for years now. Still have hair, but getting thin up top. Looks better short now than trying to hide it and got tired of paying $20 for 30 seconds with clippers when I can just do it myself. I basically cut 90%, then my wife trims the back and makes sure I didn't miss anything. I think the clippers were like $25 and I've had them for prob 10 years now.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I think it’s comical how many big companies are hurting already and need ‘help’. Sticky situation since I’d mostly want to say F em and let them go under. But on the other hand, a lot of people would be affected. It’s going to be a huge problem in the next few weeks. We have a food program going here in Anaheim at the Honda Center. They are expecting between 6-8000 people waiting, for prob less than $20 worth of groceries. Just a tip of the iceberg on how much this is going to hurt the longer it goes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I started shaving my head 15 years ago. Self buzzed it for 10 years prior to that. Lots of $$$ saved over the years. We had already cut back to one night a week out for dinner. Big savings is no horse shows. Those ran about $2000 each show for the multiple day shows when you factor in fuel , stabling, etc

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No pneumonia. Diagnosed as having COVID19, but won't test because other people are more vulnerable. Getting antibiotics to prevent pneumonia and if I get at all worse, straight to the ER.

Called Hannah's daycare to tell them and they can't/won't do anything without a positive test. We pulled her with Friday being her last day, but Wifey was starting to get sick last Wednesday. But she was still there for multiple days with sick parents.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No pneumonia. Diagnosed as having COVID19, but won't test because other people are more vulnerable. Getting antibiotics to prevent pneumonia and if I get at all worse, straight to the ER.

Called Hannah's daycare to tell them and they can't/won't do anything without a positive test. We pulled her with Friday being her last day, but Wifey was starting to get sick last Wednesday. But she was still there for multiple days with sick parents.
fuck dude. take care.
I'm guessing @6thElement , you, me all would test positive. I went through 3 days of fever spikes up to 102*, now the dry cough lingers, but no respiratory issues. 6th has respiratory distress but missing other symptoms. It's all figure it out as we go right now.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I wonder if they are counting "diagnosed" tests as COVID-19 vs/"tested" in the totals/world counts?