Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
No pneumonia. Diagnosed as having COVID19, but won't test because other people are more vulnerable. Getting antibiotics to prevent pneumonia and if I get at all worse, straight to the ER.

Called Hannah's daycare to tell them and they can't/won't do anything without a positive test. We pulled her with Friday being her last day, but Wifey was starting to get sick last Wednesday. But she was still there for multiple days with sick parents.
Sending my best.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No pneumonia. Diagnosed as having COVID19, but won't test because other people are more vulnerable. Getting antibiotics to prevent pneumonia and if I get at all worse, straight to the ER.

Called Hannah's daycare to tell them and they can't/won't do anything without a positive test. We pulled her with Friday being her last day, but Wifey was starting to get sick last Wednesday. But she was still there for multiple days with sick parents.
damn... I thought you guys were already on lock-down? Didn't your governor compel you all to stay home?!
fuck dude. take care.
what he said.
I'm guessing @6thElement , you, me all would test positive. I went through 3 days of fever spikes up to 102*, now the dry cough lingers, but no respiratory issues. 6th has respiratory distress but missing other symptoms. It's all figure it out as we go right now.
double damn... jeezus guys, did you have a keybowl weekend or something?!?!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tell them you just got back from New York.

Get well and take care of yourself.
Wifey's coworker flew back from HI 2 weeks ago and they spent a day in a small office with her. That's our likely source, but I work with the local public transit district too. Lots of expo
I wonder if they are counting "diagnosed" tests as COVID-19 vs/"tested" in the totals/world counts?
Only tested I believe

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Seems likely that US will pass Italy and China with confirmed cases by the end of the day.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Death relative to population still has to go to Italy, right?
B27F5088-BB58-4452-9A0F-57C2A11DE073.jpeg

I haven’t done the math on all the countries here but that’s gotta be up there.
China deaths by population was passed by the USA a while ago.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, they also have the second oldest average age of population and terrible medical infrastructure relatively.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got an email from our VP checking in on me. Either he knows me because I stand out from the pack or he wants to throw me on the dead wagon.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I wonder how the numbers fall out if you calculate the deaths by person per county size (square miles, acres, etc.)...
Social density plays a huge part on this. Of course major metropolitan areas are going to get hit harder and faster than somewhere like Montana. I'm interested to see the stats by city for our county tomorrow. This weekend is gonna get interesting with numbers starting to climb and people still out of work. Personally, I think after April 1 rolls around, shit's gonna get crazy quick.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Social density plays a huge part on this. Of course major metropolitan areas are going to get hit harder and faster than somewhere like Montana. I'm interested to see the stats by city for our county tomorrow. This weekend is gonna get interesting with numbers starting to climb and people still out of work. Personally, I think after April 1 rolls around, shit's gonna get crazy quick.
"I don't understand all that fancy math - and as a result":

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Unless my 10-key punching was bad, looks like South Korea and Switzerland are ahead by percentage of confirmed cases. South Korea 0.18%, Switzerland 0.14%, Italy 0.13%, China 0.01%, USA 0.03%.

Simply Hopkins confirmed divided by wiki population at 7/1/19

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Deaths are trickier since the Hopkins site starts subdividing. China becomes Hubei China, the USA gets split into cities and states. I’m not gonna grind those numbers.