Quantcast

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Confirmed cases already up 25% since I left work on Friday, sitting at 125Kish. I'm sure a big part of the spike is from more tests just getting done, but it's going to be a while before we even get a handle on the extent. Buckle up y'all, it's gonna be a while.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Question for the CO disease monkeys and/or medical professionals.

Perhaps I missed it, but were you guys not given or did you not take tests for Coivd for a reason?

I ask because new company policy states "COVID-19 – Employees who experience symptoms of COVID-19, are encouraged not to come to work and it is advised you contact your health care professional. Employees must notify their Supervisor or Manager in the event of a positive test result for the COVID-19 virus. The employee will need to provide the Company a copy of a positive test result from their medical provider. Any co-workers determined to have worked in close contact with an individual (less than 6ft for more than 10 minutes) with a confirmed positive test result of COVID-19, will be quarantined. Any affected maintenance employee will be pay protected, for any scheduled hours missed within a 14-day calendar period from the date of exposure to a medically confirmed COVID-19 employee."

Obviously, if tests are in short supply or a doc (reasonably) doesn't want to give one to an otherwise healthy person this policy doesn't do squat.

Edit:
@Toshi
@stoney
@6thElement

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA

Perhaps I missed it, but were you guys not given or did you not take tests for Coivd for a reason?

I ask because new company policy states "COVID-19 – Employees who experience symptoms of COVID-19, are encouraged not to come to work and it is advised you contact your health care professional. Employees must notify their Supervisor or Manager in the event of a positive test result for the COVID-19 virus. The employee will need to provide the Company a copy of a positive test result from their medical provider. Any co-workers determined to have worked in close contact with an individual (less than 6ft for more than 10 minutes) with a confirmed positive test result of COVID-19, will be quarantined. Any affected maintenance employee will be pay protected, for any scheduled hours missed within a 14-day calendar period from the date of exposure to a medically confirmed COVID-19 employee."

Obviously, if tests are in short supply or a doc (reasonably) doesn't want to give one to an otherwise healthy person this policy doesn't do squat.

Edit:
@Toshi
@stoney
@6thElement
Kaiser isn’t testing people unless you fall into an at risk category or are having complications from symptoms. That was last week. I’m not sure how testing protocols will change as they become more available. I know if you contact Kaiser and have symptoms but no overwhelming complications, they will basically write you a note to self quarantine for two weeks.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Kaiser isn’t testing people unless you fall into an at risk category or are having complications from symptoms. That was last week. I’m not sure how testing protocols will change as they become more available.
This is kind of what I'm suspecting. We don't have kaiser offered to us here, at least in CO, but I assume other insurers are following a similar plan.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
This is kind of what I'm suspecting. We don't have kaiser offered to us here, at least in CO, but I assume other insurers are following a similar plan.
Yea because we have the same lingo you posted for our work. Basically three days off if you feel sick. After that you need a ‘test’. But I’m a perfect example of who they wouldn’t test unless I was having major issues. 38, male. I think they would just write me a note and tell me to stay home. Not sure exactly how that would work with covered time off at this point since we have a different time tracking code to use than our normal sick or vacation. AFAIK, the two weeks has to be kept track of since it should be ‘covered’ by the Feds. Whatever that means. Reimbursement or whatever I would assume....

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Yea because we have the same lingo you posted for our work. Basically three days off if you feel sick. After that you need a ‘test’. But I’m a perfect example of who they wouldn’t test unless I was having major issues. 38, male. I think they would just write me a note and tell me to stay home. Not sure exactly how that would work with covered time off at this point since we have a different time tracking code to use than our normal sick or vacation. AFAIK, the two weeks has to be kept track of since it should be ‘covered’ by the Feds. Whatever that means. Reimbursement or whatever I would assume....
Me too. As is @stoney and @6thElement I suspect. Which is why I'm seeking some clarity on this to bring up with management. If they are going to go strict "Letter of the law" on policy no one will get COVID-19 pay. But maybe that's the point. :rolleyes:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea. I was wondering if that was a way for employees to get screwed. “Hey, you didn’t get a test so you have to stay at home on your own time.”

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
These donkeys.. :banghead:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Edit:
@Toshi
@stoney
@6thElement
My company policy pays the hourly folk. The salary folk are PTO protected for when they cannot work.

I effectively could not work for 3 days at all and have been working partially for 3. Those will all be factored into the adjustments for my annual goals as well.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

I liked the term " Covidiot " posted in the comments.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I hope it's bleach...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
My company policy pays the hourly folk. The salary folk are PTO protected for when they cannot work.

I effectively could not work for 3 days at all and have been working partially for 3. Those will all be factored into the adjustments for my annual goals as well.
The question though, IIRC you did not get an actual COVID test, correct? Was that at the discretion of the Doc?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The brewery down the street let’s you order online with Venmo or PayPal, and they just your beer on the patio with a post it note so you know which order is yours. The best local booze dealer let’s you order online and they’ll drop it on your doorstep without ever seeing you. This is a golden age for underage drinking, just a shame I’m too old to enjoy it.

Unfortunately it turns out Instacart doesn’t honor Ralph’s club liquor sales prices. No $14/bottle Jameson for me:(

I hope when they tossed the groceries, they tossed them at him, and I hope they were all canned goods.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The question though, IIRC you did not get an actual COVID test, correct? Was that at the discretion of the Doc?
Correct. I told my company what they said and how I was diagnosed. They changed how i am to act regarding company employee interaction to an as-if tested positive though vs. assumed. If they wanted to challenge it, a labor atty would probably love to see that they are treating me as having a positive test from that standpoint but not regarding pay.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I was talking with a friend via text earlier this week, and she said something that struck me. She said "My therapist and I were talking about this and how it’s kind of like seeing the planet move through a weird collective grief process" which kinda made some sense... and then I found this article and it dove a little deeper. It was comforting, ish.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife and I were talking about this. Her work says the same thing, positive test = 2 weeks paid, otherwise pto.on you. So can you then request a test based on employer requirement?

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
My work is making all employees work two weeks on two weeks off. Full paid without using our PTO. My roommate is a nurse and had a fever yesterday so she went and got tested. They said 72hrs for results. Luckily my 2 weeks off starts tomorrow

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My work is making all employees work two weeks on two weeks off. Full paid without using our PTO. My roommate is a nurse and had a fever yesterday so she went and got tested. They said 72hrs for results. Luckily my 2 weeks off starts tomorrow
Good luck dude.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the bright side is she got tested.....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Damn! :(