Quantcast

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 year old.
Yea, 6 and 3. 6 year old is fine for the most part. He's pretty mellow most of the time and listens. They argue and fight, but at least I can usually convince the older one to chill or just let him go in his room and lock the door to split them up. The 3 year old is literally just at a freakin 11 pretty much 24/7. It's exhausting. He was exhausting before being stuck at home with him non-stop. Now without as many avenues to wear him out like playgrounds and parks, it gets frustrating.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Just saw news that a recluse jewish community of 4000 near Montreal held a party on March 14th with many guess from NYC. After 40 tests, 20 are positives.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Holy shit...
Link to story: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/820711855/spanish-military-finds-dead-bodies-and-seniors-completely-abandoned-in-care-home

Teh headline is terrible, and the story does read that some seniors are basically being left to die. But it's not the common thing, mostly it seems like people are just dying and they don't have anywhere to put them, or people to properly transport them, or something.

Can confirm. My girlfriend often says admin people regularly troll the halls with cookies, order pizza, etc. during extreme crises. Right now all hospital clinical staff has catered lunch every day, and the CEO of the hospital was at the employee exit this week handing out sweets.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
on a friend recommendation, I watched Contagion last night.

Halfway, I remembered I had seen this parts of this movie before; but didnt finished, not had the interest to watch it from the beginning.
Reason.... I thought it was too far fetched/soapy. Oh boy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is that place still pretty much a nation of smokers?

Well, not now I mean. I mean three weeks ago.
That was one of my biggest take aways from our last trip to yurp. I couldn't believe how prevalent smoking still was. Breakfast in Paris was basically espresso, a croissant and a cigarette. The kid got a chocolate croissant substitute. Italy wasn't much different.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That was one of my biggest take aways from our last trip to yurp. I couldn't believe how prevalent smoking still was. Breakfast in Paris was basically espresso, a croissant and a cigarette. The kid got a chocolate croissant substitute. Italy wasn't much different.
Doesn't really explain the low number of deaths in Germany with still a significant percentage of smokers.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Fauci - Let’s not get caught up in the modeling numbers and assumptions, but instead deal with the data we have. I don’t want to be held to 100,000 to 200,000.

Trump - The models say 100,000 deaths, down from two million if we had done nothing. 100,000 to 200,000 deaths would prove we did a very good job.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fauci - Let’s not get caught up in the modeling numbers and assumptions, but instead deal with the data we have. I don’t want to be held to 100,000 to 200,000.

Trump - The models say 100,000 deaths, down from two million if we had done nothing. 100,000 to 200,000 deaths would prove we did a very good job.
I'm at a loss of words for this idiot.