Quantcast
Massachusetts, 1778:

"A short time after this visit the yellow fever, brought from the West Indies, broke out in Newburyport. From the first few cases it rapidly grew to an appalling epidemic; over forty persons died from the disease, amongst them, Doctor Swett, one of the first physicians. Fear and consternation seized the population. Few from abroad ventured into the place, which, as the fever increased, became completely panic-stricken. Many hurried away; others shut themselves in their houses. Business and pleasure were alike suspended. A pall seemed stretched over the summer sky, and death appeared borne upon its soft breezes. Ropes were drawn across Water and other streets, barring off the infected district. It was difficult to obtain attendants for the sick; and the dead, without funeral rites, in tarred sheets and pine coffins, were, at midnight, carried to the grave in a rude vehicle constructed for the purpose of rough boards. Thus, unshrined, unknelled, in all haste, the corpse was covered from sight, and a new mound, that for a time every one would shun, rose on the old burying hill."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so how many people do you want to die....as many as it takes....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I don’t want anyone to die.
actually, that’s not true.
just not many.:pleasantry:
but I really want Trump gone.
the two are not related in the way you are imagining, like Don. JR. fantasized about.
no one has to die for Trump to be exposed as incompetent.
however, people are dying.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Massachusetts, 1778:

"A short time after this visit the yellow fever, brought from the West Indies, broke out in Newburyport. From the first few cases it rapidly grew to an appalling epidemic; over forty persons died from the disease, amongst them, Doctor Swett, one of the first physicians. Fear and consternation seized the population. Few from abroad ventured into the place, which, as the fever increased, became completely panic-stricken. Many hurried away; others shut themselves in their houses. Business and pleasure were alike suspended. A pall seemed stretched over the summer sky, and death appeared borne upon its soft breezes. Ropes were drawn across Water and other streets, barring off the infected district. It was difficult to obtain attendants for the sick; and the dead, without funeral rites, in tarred sheets and pine coffins, were, at midnight, carried to the grave in a rude vehicle constructed for the purpose of rough boards. Thus, unshrined, unknelled, in all haste, the corpse was covered from sight, and a new mound, that for a time every one would shun, rose on the old burying hill."
It's like this every time they forecast snow.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
To be auctioned off to the highest bidder I'm sure. For profit healthcare just does it better.
Side note, I picked up a prescription for my daughter yesterday. The pharmacist says "Your health insurance now only covers brand name medicine so we won't be giving you the generic anymore, is that ok?" I said "Yeah I'm just glad I have a "choice" and not socialized medicine."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Side note, I picked up a prescription for my daughter yesterday. The pharmacist says "Your health insurance now only covers brand name medicine so we won't be giving you the generic anymore, is that ok?" I said "Yeah I'm just glad I have a "choice" and not socialized medicine."
and thus the health insurance wars have started.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
All that freedom must have been invigorating enough to inspire you to go purchase an AR15.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We have "socialized" and have the choice too.