Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
"When the Coronavirus doesn't get you the inheritance you we're counting on, think of My Pillow!"

(stolen from the WaPo comments on the CEO fellatio)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
https://www.propublica.org/article/taxpayers-paid-millions-to-design-a-low-cost-ventilator-for-a-pandemic-instead-the-company-is-selling-versions-of-it-overseas-

From the start of its long effort to produce a low-cost, portable ventilator, the small HHS office in charge of the project, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, knew that it might need to move quickly to increase production in an emergency and insisted that potential partners be able to ramp up quickly in the event of a pandemic.

But the contract HHS signed in September 2019 gave Philips almost a year before it had to produce a single Trilogy Evo Universal, and two more years to fulfill the order of 10,000 ventilators.

On the same day in July that the FDA cleared the stockpile version of the ventilator, it granted the application of Philips’ U.S. subsidiary, Respironics, to sell commercial versions of the Trilogy Evo. Philips quickly began shipping the commercial models overseas from its Murrysville, Pennsylvania, factory.

Steve Klink, the company’s Amsterdam-based spokesman, said Philips was within its rights under the HHS contract to prioritize the commercial versions of the Trilogy Evo. An HHS spokeswoman — who insisted she could not be identified by name, despite speaking for the agency — did not disagree.
How's that free market working out, eh?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Church and state and all.
MyPillow guy gets the mic and goes right for the god.
"MyPillow CEO Lindell said his bedding company would be dedicating 75% of its manufacturing to producing cotton face masks, aiming to get up to 50,000 a day by end of this week"

I'll give him a pass for actually trying to help, unlike his Sky Fairy.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did you have a stroke?

Pretty sure the only time I've ever been to Freddy's was with you. And it was better than In-N-Out by a country fucking mile.
Well Freddy's fucking sucks. I just ate 2 because that was all I ate that day... There aren't a lot of good options out there, but I love me a double-double animal-style. But their fries suck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well Freddy's fucking sucks. I just ate 2 because that was all I ate that day... There aren't a lot of good options out there, but I love me a double-double animal-style. But their fries suck.
Quit arguing about shit that sucks. ALL THAT SHIT SUCKS.

And I've never even had In-n-Out.

:mad:

Give me an order of piping hot fries cooked in duck fat and I don't give a fuck about any of the other food on the plate. :drool: