Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
View attachment 142897
At least as reliable as a White House Daily Briefing.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Norway vs Sweden, two opposite strategies.

Seems the Swedes are heading in an unhappy place.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Norway vs Sweden, two opposite strategies.

Seems the Swedes are heading in an unhappy place.
I know a Norwegian or two. One is isolated in her farmhouse because she traveled back home from Prague right at the onset of the “essential” restrictions. Word is that things are essentially shut down in Oslo. Not surprise there. Even if she wasn’t in quarantine she wouldn’t have anywhere to go.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Daily briefing is heavy as fuck.

"Additional 100-200 thousand deaths in the next few weeks/months."
Just a few interesting comparisons...

- The Civil War was the deadliest conflict in American history, thanks to it pitting two halves of the country against each other. Nineteenth-century estimates of the total number who were killed in action during the war or who died as a result of the conflict thanks to disease or other injuries were at 618,000 people. Recent statistical analysis based on national census figures, though, puts the number higher, near 750,000. Source
--> 4 years of active war, both sides American

- By 1941, when the United States entered the Second World War, there were 48 states in the Union, with Alaska and Hawaii soon to be added. But all 50 current states contributed to the fight, as did Puerto Rico. In total, over 405,000 Americans gave their lives in the conflict. Source
--> 4 years of active war, global conflict

- The U.S. military reported 58,220 American casualties in the Vietnam War source
--> Prolonged war; enough to change societal norms and force a generational revolt (see hippies and boomers)

- Spanish Flu: An estimated 675,000 Americans died of influenza during the pandemic. Source
-->Closest to this. What was our science knowledge 100 years ago vs. today? Right...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just a few interesting comparisons...

- The Civil War was the deadliest conflict in American history, thanks to it pitting two halves of the country against each other. Nineteenth-century estimates of the total number who were killed in action during the war or who died as a result of the conflict thanks to disease or other injuries were at 618,000 people. Recent statistical analysis based on national census figures, though, puts the number higher, near 750,000. Source
--> 4 years of active war, both sides American

- By 1941, when the United States entered the Second World War, there were 48 states in the Union, with Alaska and Hawaii soon to be added. But all 50 current states contributed to the fight, as did Puerto Rico. In total, over 405,000 Americans gave their lives in the conflict. Source
--> 4 years of active war, global conflict

- The U.S. military reported 58,220 American casualties in the Vietnam War source
--> Prolonged war; enough to change societal norms and force a generational revolt (see hippies and boomers)

- Spanish Flu: An estimated 675,000 Americans died of influenza during the pandemic. Source
-->Closest to this. What was our science knowledge 100 years ago vs. today? Right...
"BuT tHe FlU!"

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I know a Norwegian or two. One is isolated in her farmhouse because she traveled back home from Prague right at the onset of the “essential” restrictions. Word is that things are essentially shut down in Oslo. Not surprise there. Even if she wasn’t in quarantine she wouldn’t have anywhere to go.
She'S in the right country. Swedes are going about their daily business as if nothing is happening.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, doesn't seem accurate. I know one particular community had 17 + two days ago. Maps shows 0
Yeah... maybe one of their 400 software developers can fix that.

It'd be nice to have a more accurate heat map of where the cases are, down to city level. All I see or hear about are regional statistics. The region i live in quite large and covers both very rural and city landscapes - it's useless knowing how many cases there are here, if we don't know where they are.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yeah... maybe one of their 400 software developers can fix that.

It'd be nice to have a more accurate heat map of where the cases are, down to city level. All I see or hear about are regional statistics. The region i live in quite large and covers both very rural and city landscapes - it's useless knowing how many cases there are here, if we don't know where they are.
exactly same situation here. We are lumped with mtl's suburb and yet 30 minutes north.