Quantcast

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
To think at such an advanced-age staring at the Sun is met w/ little to no hesitation. Or, that the act of actually placing one's shaped fingers - the eyeglass-shape - corrects vision somehow. Far too much time chasing feathers in the wind, flat footed. Tallahassee Trail is full of Feathers I've concluded.

Fortunately, apparent appetite for carrots helped seize an exact moment an exact replica of a segment from TV's The Simpsons played once (?) during the Campaign.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

So he’s not making things easier, but he’s not changing the existing rules. I saw some outrage over this but I’m not sure I’m particularly outraged by this as an injustice.

I realize this straddles a line between this thread and the PAWN Trump thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Has it been posted that Worldometers in the text of the US page states we crested 1000 deaths/day?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Yea, so those 5 minute tests everyone is clamoring about deploying..... if they are anything like the one that Abbott is currently pushing through FDA expedited authorization then get ready to write those off as not super helpful. The sensitivity is quite low with them unfortunately.

In other words, they are only effective if you're already in really bad shape.....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
My wife's whitetrash cousin who should probably know better (went to at least 80% of a nursing vocational program, and has a kid with heart issues) posted pictures with a bunch of her friends and their families out holding hands, hugging, and trampling poppies in the high desert. She's the only family member who lives close to their grandpa and checks on him every other day. 87 year old with gobs of underlying medical conditions, what could possibly go wrong?

Shittier still is that I doubt she would be too sad if he died since most of his money goes to her in the will. If it takes out her kid with the heart issues, she's got 5 more, so maybe she's just not that worried?

In other news, our county is seeing linear growth rather than exponential, which is good, but the percentage of people testing positive compared to overall testing is steadily climbing. Not sure what to make of that fact, but I think may be due to more stringent requirements about who they test. Either way, most people seem to be onboard with social distancing, but there's still way too many very public gatherings going on. The Po-Po has said they're going to start enforcing the stay at home order, and of course the hur-hur freedumb folk (both right and left wing surprisingly) are now talking about "protesting" the restrictions by gathering in defiance of the man, again, what could possibly go wrong?

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
My wife's whitetrash cousin who should probably know better (went to at least 80% of a nursing vocational program, and has a kid with heart issues) posted pictures with a bunch of her friends and their families out holding hands, hugging, and trampling poppies in the high desert. She's the only family member who lives close to their grandpa and checks on him every other day. 87 year old with gobs of underlying medical conditions, what could possibly go wrong?

Shittier still is that I doubt she would be too sad if he died since most of his money goes to her in the will. If it takes out her kid with the heart issues, she's got 5 more, so maybe she's just not that worried?

In other news, our county is seeing linear growth rather than exponential, which is good, but the percentage of people testing positive compared to overall testing is steadily climbing. Not sure what to make of that fact, but I think may be due to more stringent requirements about who they test. Either way, most people seem to be onboard with social distancing, but there's still way too many very public gatherings going on. The Po-Po has said they're going to start enforcing the stay at home order, and of course the hur-hur freedumb folk (both right and left wing surprisingly) are now talking about "protesting" the restrictions by gathering in defiance of the man, again, what could possibly go wrong?
Wait. You live in texas!???

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Well... the situation in ecuador right now is the stuff of horror movies.

People dumping corpses on the streets... and burning them right in the middle of the streets (!), as hospitals, crematories and morgues have collapsed.. a regular folks cannot longer keep their decomposing bodies of their elders inside the houses any longer.

The images are astonishing.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Well... the situation in ecuador right now is the stuff of horror movies.

People dumping corpses on the streets... and burning them right in the middle of the streets (!), as hospitals, crematories and morgues have collapsed.. a regular folks cannot longer keep their decomposing bodies of their elders inside the houses any longer.

The images are astonishing.
Terrible. I am actually wondering how Middle and South America are coping with this. Africa aswell.
Brazil especially doesn't take it seriously according our media.
Not much info here in Europe about these places. We're officially locked until the Easter weekend.
I am feeling lucky having a small farm at the end of a valley. Never actually believed that someday it will be such an asset. I still can move freely on my property.
Sitting it out with my mother and grandmother here, so that they are not alone.

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
She'S in the right country. Swedes are going about their daily business as if nothing is happening.
I have a lot of friends in both countries. Worked there for the best part of the last 11 years.

Was talking on the phone yesterday with a Swedish buddy whos been in quarantine for 2 weeks after coming back from Brasil.
Everybody at his company is working from home as much as possible and he told me the goverment is slowly putting more measures in place.
But yes, bars, restaurants and stores are all open like nothing happened.

I also talked to a buddy of mine in Norway about a week ago. Definitly taking things more serious there but he told me their economy is gonna take a serious hit from this, as pretty much the whole country is running on oil and oil prices havent been this low since the 80s.