Quantcast

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
WHO says lethality is much lower than SARS. Essentially the only people who died were old or had compromised immune systems. So like with any basic infection. If you're not afraid of the flu don't be afraid of this. The only bad part is if you are flying through china with a runny nose your travel plans might get ruined when they quarantine you.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was swimming in the Ocean. I was approached by a Dolphin. I thought it was a Shark. You cannot swim faster then a Dolphin. Fuckers are almost to playful. Good thing I was in the Ocean.

And now for something entirely different.
:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:
If true, 58% mortality...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If true, 58% mortality...
If 25,000 deaths were the case, our intel satellites would be picking up the bulldozed fields, even if they were doing it at night. There'd be construction equipment nearby, a "park" that appeared overnight, or a field, etc. There would be no reason to keep it secret, since it wouldn't take earth-shattering resolution to figure it out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If 25,000 deaths were the case, our intel satellites would be picking up the bulldozed fields, even if they were doing it at night. There'd be construction equipment nearby, a "park" that appeared overnight, or a field, etc. There would be no reason to keep it secret, since it wouldn't take earth-shattering resolution to figure it out.
Like that new "hospital" they're building?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Oddity.

French canadian series, filmed in August 2019. They call the virus American Coronavirus...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
What's wrong with drinking to death in Baltimore?
I'm from Bleed-more and I resemble that remark ;)

If alcohol is not your jam, there's always the Fentanyl-laced Heroin...

If it was good enough for Mr. Cheerful (Edgar Allen Poe)

2. Cooping
Others believe that Poe fell victim to a practice known as cooping, a method of voter fraud practiced by gangs in the 19th century where an unsuspecting victim would be kidnapped, disguised and forced to vote for a specific candidate multiple times under multiple disguised identities. Voter fraud was extremely common in Baltimore around the mid 1800s, and the polling site where Walker found the disheveled Poe was a known place that coopers brought their victims. The fact that Poe was found delirious on election day, then, is no coincidence.

Over the years, the cooping theory has come to be one of the more widely accepted explanations for Poe's strange demeanor before his death. Before Prohibition, voters were given alcohol after voting as a sort of reward; had Poe been forced to vote multiple times in a cooping scheme, that might explain his semi-conscious, ragged state.

Around the late 1870s, Poe's biographer J.H. Ingram received several letters that blamed Poe's death on a cooping scheme. A letter from William Hand Browne, a member of the faculty at Johns Hopkins, explains that "the general belief here is, that Poe was seized by one of these gangs, (his death happening just at election-time; an election for sheriff took place on Oct. 4th), 'cooped,' stupefied with liquor, dragged out and voted, and then turned adrift to die."

3. Alcohol

"A lot of the ideas that have come up over the years have centered around the fact that Poe couldn’t handle alcohol," says Semtner. "It has been documented that after a glass of wine he was staggering drunk. His sister had the same problem; it seems to be something hereditary."

Months before his death, Poe became a vocal member of the temperance movement, eschewing alcohol, which he'd struggled with all his life. Biographer Susan Archer Talley Weiss recalls, in her biography "The Last Days of Edgar A. Poe," an event, toward the end of Poe's time in Richmond, that might be relevant to theorists that prefer a "death by drinking" demise for Poe. Poe had fallen ill in Richmond, and after making a somewhat miraculous recovery, was told by his attending physician that "another such attack would prove fatal." According to Weiss, Poe replied that "if people would not tempt him, he would not fall," suggesting that the first illness was brought on by a bout of drinking.

Those around Poe during his finals days seem convinced that the author did, indeed, fall into that temptation, drinking himself to death. As his close friend J. P. Kennedy wrote on October 10, 1849: "On Tuesday last Edgar A. Poe died in town here at the hospital from the effects of a debauch. . . . He fell in with some companion here who seduced him to the bottle, which it was said he had renounced some time ago. The consequence was fever, delirium, and madness, and in a few days a termination of his sad career in the hospital. Poor Poe! . . . A bright but unsteady light has been awfully quenched."

Though the theory that Poe's drinking lead to his death fails to explain his five-day disappearance, or his second-hand clothes on October 3, it was nonetheless a popular theory propagated by Snodgrass after Poe's death. Snodgrass, a member of the temperance movement, gave lectures across the country, blaming Poe's death on binge drinking. Modern science, however, has thrown a wrench into Snodgrasses talking points: samples of Poe's hair from after his death show low levels of lead, explains Semtner, which is an indication that Poe remained faithful to his vow of sobriety up until his demise.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
flu mitigation related

my older brothers youngest had the flu a couple weeks ago....school told him not to come back for 10 day....youngest was quarantined to bedroom/bathroom for 10 days....either my brother or his wife followed and disinfected everything he touched when he left the bedroom....wore masks....

no one else got it...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout