Quantcast

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Jefferson County (where many of us CO monkeys live) just issued a stay at home order effective tomorrow at 0800. Not sure if this also means residents from other counties should not travel here, but that would be good IMNSHO since all the trails are here. Ordering people from other counties to not come here should reduce over crowding at trailheads, which is kind of an issue right now I think. Also, I won’t be surprised if JeffCo Open Space shuts the parks down completely.

I guess that means yesterday was likely my last ski day of the season. Maybe in late May we’ll tick off a 14er, though unlikely.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Also first day of the provinces order that non-essential business will be closed. Their list was vast, so as expected not much has actually changed out there... Construction crews still working, public transit still going - I mention this because the construction isn't for repairs but for new builds and saw transit buses doubled up today on the same route, one being an express bus. Each bus had two people on it. :banghead:

Yup, the list of what is closed is much much shorter than what is open.
My son came home yesterday pretty much speechless. He has been deemed essential services - he is on a framing crew building condo's FFS.

I can understand my wife being essential, as she is the purchasing department for our local hospital...

But according to our Trumpian Premier, there are over 200 000 people waiting for their homes, and we can't leave them homeless. Like where are they all living now, in a tent in mom and dads back yard?

Hope he follows his brother, and soon, the fucking menace.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yup, the list of what is closed is much much shorter than what is open.
My son came home yesterday pretty much speechless. He has been deemed essential services - he is on a framing crew building condo's FFS.

I can understand my wife being essential, as she is the purchasing department for our local hospital...

But according to our Trumpian Premier, there are over 200 000 people waiting for their homes, and we can't leave them homeless. Like where are they all living now, in a tent in mom and dads back yard?

Hope he follows his brother, and soon, the fucking menace.
FO REALS. Maybe some are waiting to get back into the country...idk.

All I know is that the god damn coffee delivery service guy didn't show up with coffee and milk today at work. FUCK.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Well, moving time is a major limbo operation in normal times. Sometimes one family is waiting for the house they purchased from another family that is waiting for a house they purchased from... well you see. Take one domino out and everything goes to shit.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went Hiking with my Brother. We used bandannas and oven mitts to stay safe. I had my Machete ready at all times. We saw lots of folks in the park. They probably didn't see us.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I dont understand this whole construction crews still working...

Oh wait. Moneys.
Here they do it for two reasons:
1) less traffic on the roads so less disturbances and quicker moving construction (we have a major tram construction in town and the highway gets extended from 2 to 3 lanes)
2) stimulus of the economy: by ramping up work they keep smaller local companies afloat. Currently the cities have ordered repair and maintenance of schools and public buildings that are not used because of lock down, killing two flies with one stone. Of course, the construction workers have to obey the rules of distancing and if this cannot be done the work has to stop.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well, moving time is a major limbo operation in normal times. Sometimes one family is waiting for the house they purchased from another family that is waiting for a house they purchased from... well you see. Take one domino out and everything goes to shit.
Oh, I understand that, and have been in the middle of it before.
BUT
Now is not normal, just sit down where you are and ride it out.
It may suck and be uncomfortable for a bit, but tough - dead is forever.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh, I understand that, and have been in the middle of it before.
BUT
Now is not normal, just sit down where you are and ride it out.
It may suck and be uncomfortable for a bit, but tough - dead is forever.
I'm moving on Saturday.

Fortunately for the better. Moving out of the city and a condo building, into a house in a small town. It's a risk, but we're going through with it. When we move we won't be interacting with anyone but ourselves and the two movers, who we will ask self assessment questions to. We see less risk in doing this than picking up the mail or deliveries in this dumb building.

The other family is moving in on Monday. Good luck to them....

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Stop & Shop and packy run this morning on the way home from work. Got some stink eye cast my way for sure. Had changed out of my "dirty" scrubs for clean, but still had my badge on. Assholes. I'm working to save you and yours if they ever come my way. Don't be a dick.

Waaaaaay too many boneheads wearing masks. Not covering their noses. Adjusting them and poking fingers under to scratch/pick noses. Gloves on, touching all sorts of shit in the stores, then their faces. Not at all distancing of any sort.

Got home to an extremely "hit me in the feels" thing. Wifey inhabits a running forum, much as I hang out here. Someone on there out of the blue sent a couple nice P95 masks our way after she had a meltdown over how nervous she is for me at work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Stop & Shop and packy run this morning on the way home from work. Got some stink eye cast my way for sure. Had changed out of my "dirty" scrubs for clean, but still had my badge on. Assholes. I'm working to save you and yours if they ever come my way. Don't be a dick.

Waaaaaay too many boneheads wearing masks. Not covering their noses. Adjusting them and poking fingers under to scratch/pick noses. Gloves on, touching all sorts of shit in the stores, then their faces. Not at all distancing of any sort.

Got home to an extremely "hit me in the feels" thing. Wifey inhabits a running forum, much as I hang out here. Someone on there out of the blue sent a couple nice P95 masks our way after she had a meltdown over how nervous she is for me at work.
Thanks, man.

And yeah....what's the point of wearing gloves, mask....anything, if you still touch literally everything and do everything as if you weren't wearing them. I've noticed that as well...and kind of my point about this condo covering elevator buttons in plastic. Who is it protecting? No one.....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Thanks, man.

And yeah....what's the point of wearing gloves, mask....anything, if you still touch literally everything and do everything as if you weren't wearing them. I've noticed that as well...and kind of my point about this condo covering elevator buttons in plastic. Who is it protecting? No one.....
So much wasted PPE.
It’s like - look at the fact we did a thing that represents our concern, regardless of the effectiveness of the thing.